Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
There's a chance this won't turn into Ranma 1/2, it might be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there's no gender bending so it's already worse

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ranma had a relationship treadmill, but it also had jokes and fights

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
tomo good

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, I get it! Haha, K flaps, you sure are a kidder!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ka0 posted:

There's a chance this won't turn into Ranma 1/2, it might be interesting.

This is an insanely hosed up out of nowhere diss on Ranma, what the h*ck

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ranma was good and the ending was bad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But all of rumiko takahashi's stuff outside of like one series end badly so it's par for the course

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ranma ends the same way it went for most of its length: with wacky martial arts and comedy, and a return to the status quo.

I love Ranma.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I read the post

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Namtab posted:

I read the post

my goondolences

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh, I get it! Haha, K flaps, you sure are a kidder!
no lie, i'd be curious to see if there were any japanese scanlations of garfield out there

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ok I read all of tomo-chan. It's good, but I really wouldn't want to read just one page at once.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yeah, I feel like the page a day format for a story like this impedes it a bit.

Then again, mousou telepathy does fine so who knows.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Musou Telepathy has had actual big character development in its (I think much shorter) run

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
So am I the only one who can't read the raws? The site refuses to load yet I know it's not down...

Also tomo is cute and the haters need to chill. Seriously, of all manga in the world, this is the one that is unacceptable?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Srice posted:

This is an insanely hosed up out of nowhere diss on Ranma, what the h*ck

I remember watching super low res Ranma 1/2 episodes on RealPlayer in 8th grade (1999) and thinking it was the most badass thing when Ryoga learned that move that made rocks explode and actually put up a decent fight against Ranma.

Does Ryoga ever get hooked up with anyone, or do all the romantic spoils go to Ranma?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Hellbunny posted:

So am I the only one who can't read the raws? The site refuses to load yet I know it's not down...

Also tomo is cute and the haters need to chill. Seriously, of all manga in the world, this is the one that is unacceptable?

The read.tomochan.today site was taken down, now you have to find them elsewhere.

Also. I'm gonna ask:
If you're only coming in here to poo poo on the manga / laugh at the the readers of the manga please don't.
You shouldn't go to series pages to post in bad faith.

If I don't like X manga, I'm not going to go to X manga thread and mock it. I'm looking at you right now, K. Flaps.

E: if you want to come here and discuss what you do or do not like about the manga, go ahead. Mock it in the chat thread or something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm here to read the manga and laugh at the readers of the manga

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I remember watching super low res Ranma 1/2 episodes on RealPlayer in 8th grade (1999) and thinking it was the most badass thing when Ryoga learned that move that made rocks explode and actually put up a decent fight against Ranma.

Does Ryoga ever get hooked up with anyone, or do all the romantic spoils go to Ranma?

Pretty sure he doesn't get anything official. In fact nobody really gets to hook up by the end, because even when Ranma and Akane are finally about to get married at the end, it winds up being like everything else in the series. The mood is ruined because of all the hijinx that you would expect to happen when the entire cast is gathered into one place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the mood is ruined because rumiko takahashi doesn't want to make any couples canon in any of her series barring like one

Didn't something similar happen in inuyasha too?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Not at all, Inuyasha has an epilogue where a few years have passed so that Kagome can graduate, and she goes to live in the sengoku period and marry Inuyasha. The side characters get hitched, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
takahashi doesn't have characters hook up in her comedies because no one in those ever learns a thing. if ranma continued in real time, all of the silly rivals would still be pursuing their obsessions without ever getting anywhere until the day they died.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Love Hina retains its crown as the best romcom for having the main couple confirmed together for a decent while before the ending.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
lasagnacat started posted videos again after 9 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7LQNDkobA

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wait wait, I didn't get the memo. What is wrong with this manga? I mean, besides it being kind of "potato-chip-y" sorta romcom junk food, with occasional moments, it's pretty non-objectionable?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Wait wait, I didn't get the memo. What is wrong with this manga? I mean, besides it being kind of "potato-chip-y" sorta romcom junk food, with occasional moments, it's pretty non-objectionable?

They haven't kissed yet

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you;'re not even posting the strips in this thread whats the loving point

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gas this waste of a thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Carol is good.

Carol is great.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tomo is trash. Trash this thread.

Carol is mediocre at best and Jun is the worst

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKX6GhRBC8

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrSunshine posted:

Chat thread hive mind have decided it's bad so now no one can post about it anywhere