Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
holy poo poo someone actually wrote all that and it is possible albeit very unlikely that someone else read all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is pretty impressive that gorf converted images to text and reposted his tomo thread on reddit. don't give up, dude!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ranma had a relationship treadmill, but it also had jokes and fights

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
takahashi doesn't have characters hook up in her comedies because no one in those ever learns a thing. if ranma continued in real time, all of the silly rivals would still be pursuing their obsessions without ever getting anywhere until the day they died.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kusumi is like 10x as moe as she is

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
post the report that started your meltdown

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tomo isn't actually allowed to get into fights so that jun can rescue her

it's not like he has any other purpose

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that both of them could use a few smacks in the mouth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, plus the chapter number is 1 higher today! that's not literally no progress.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that'd be the most boring outcome so yeah, probably

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
weapons are surprisingly more effective than nasty looks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a kitten posted:

I totally predicted this as i was zoning out while stuck in traffic. Has she had the stun gun before? Maybe that's why i thought of it.

carol's mom is paranoid about her safety

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for some bizarre reason this manga is dedicated to making sure tomo never busts any heads.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even a defrosted caveman thinks this manga is kinda dumb

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
omae wa mou shindeiru

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if only she would use her immense power to make the world a better place (by removing jun from it)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wallrod posted:

Something tells me carol knows exactly how to play badminton

you can't play badminton by yourself

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically, jun is totally gay for his non-existent male friend and is having trouble coming to terms with his nascent heterosexuality.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ArfJason posted:

something isnt adding up here

i don't think it's complex. the person whose hog he wanted to ride for all those years turned out to not have a hog at all. so, he has to wonder if he truly loves hogs or if he still loves a person who lacks a hog.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just wanted to say hog repeatedly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a harem manga and carol is the protagonist. jun, tomo, misuzu, what's-his-face, they will all fall in line.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is probably more likely to appear in manga made by people who previously drew hentai (like this one), but this is tomo-chan. nothing is gonna happen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol he didn't have an epiphany, he just ran away because he was scared

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol what a weiner. he just admitted that he has no interest in getting to know who tomo actually is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tomo has the normal reaction there, where the ds is just an object she can return at any time and not the totem for the Most Important Promise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he could in fact stand up to carol's bullying in lots of ways that don't involve running away and crying. whether those methods would actually be effective is another thing entirely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she will keep popping up, confusing and terrifying jun until he ends up married to tomo without either of them being quite sure of what happened

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically carol is demonstrating how awful misuzu is at the whole puppetmaster thing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know why carol would have any confidence in misuzu's ability to manipulate people into relationships.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, that's a really harsh description of misuzu

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, honestly i don't like any of the other characters very much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were in middle school. when jun was 8 he wasn't a musclehead so why would he have dragged misuzu around like that?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Caithness posted:

Why wouldn't carol just assume that misuzu is teasing her?

because that is a really lovely thing to do.

"hey i'll help you with your relationship"
"actually there is no hope because you suck so much, loser"

either her good friend is being pointlessly cruel and lying to hurt her or else she is telling the truth and carol has no chance with kou.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ugh, so misuzu's cruel plan worked. i guess she was bound to succeed at something eventually.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's been trying and failing to manipulate teenagers into hooking up for ages, so why would she quit now that she finally succeeded?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'll all be worth it if she has the hanya mask face thing like in zatch bell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Caithness posted:

I do find it suspicious that Misuzu's plan is seeming to work so well on the first try.

maybe it isn't so much that she is terrible at manipulating people, but rather that jun and tomo are so loving hopeless that not even her unexpectedly solid attempts can't get them to hook up?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Namtab posted:

tomo, tomo, tomo, Tomo, Tomo, Tomo, TOMO, TOMO, TOMO!!

is that a curse? are you trying to curse carol to never get a boyfriend?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a kitten posted:

Good for them, what a nice ending.

carol's still probably gonna kill misuzu though, just on general principle. she could have oh, i don't know, told carol about kou's misconceptions? or maybe explained to kou that carol does get angry sometimes and that he is unnecessarily putting her on a pedestal? just because jun is an idiot who can't be communicated with doesn't mean that's true of everyone. someone dedicated to the idea of being a sly puppetmaster makes for an awful friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
remember, she got knocked up as a teenager so she has no illusions about the process.