Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

...bone density

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mirage posted:

... ability to hug Carol

He 'd fail

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This rom com isnt com enough

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad the author has done the narrative and thematic legwork to make that theme both salient, believable, and land effectively as a means to close out the main characters' arcs, and not ALSO follow it up with a joke about her not being feminine enough with a "are you really sure you want her?" line. I'm sure it make it clear that Akemi and Gorou should be admonished for such a worldview in the, what, 2 chapters left?

Carol wont get hugged, we're so close

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A Bystander posted:

Carol was never hugged. The end.

MagusDraco posted:

8 pages of carol being hugged, held back for the print release...just so namtab could win...dammit fumita

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I reject every hug thesis that is not my own

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Eldercain posted:

Mana clearly isn't hugging back so despite the sound effect it's not a hug.

*Adds another red string to sprawling board that says NO HUGS in the center*

You camt see the blomde girls other arm so its probably a hug

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Nah sorry by the previously established Namtab Hug Laws, a one armed hug is not a hug. If you admit that that is a hug, then Carol has been hugged.

The difference between this and the previous one armed incident is that the one with carol in did not have a big sound effect in the background. Context is everything and the context in this case is clearly a hug. However i dont know what manga that panel is taken from, and as such there may be further evidence that can be presented in future to make me change my mind vis a vis this being a picture of a hug whereas the one with carol was not.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I mean we can all see the big word "hug" there that makes this a hug right?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only joke was people thinking i d be wrong

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im genuinely disappointed that misuzu never found love

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

She hugs, but does not get hugged

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Your new avatar is way more appropriate for how you've approached the denial of Carol's many hugs.

Sorry but its really obvious in this entire thread that i have never been wrong and remain correct

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Having finally read the extras i can confirm that the panel that appears to be carol hugging tomo is actually carol restraining tomo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Incredibly excited to have to remember what my thread gimmick was

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

An animated version is dangerous because it’s more opportunities for carol to get hugged, a thing that didn’t happen in the manga.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anticipation of future cringe posts ftw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can you really call someone willing to voice carol a person

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah you read it! You can’t unread it!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

nope.

because they're an ~angel~

:blastu:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

no

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah, the voices are fine for the characters

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the type you dont look up, fromwhat i gather

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Carols voice is also perfect for the character btw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Goons looking up the artist danbooru accounts despite the many warnings

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

loving anime original content this is the worst adaptation ever. I;m going to vote for it in worst anime 2023. Not watching anymore. Also I'm angry irl

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm sorry what was that? :colbert:

Imagine if someone had posted that years ago….what a different time it would be. Nevertheless carol didn’t enjoy it so it’s not a real hug

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Not sure why they have Carol's JPN VA also do the english dub one. Like it be one thing if she could voice act bilingually, but english dub Carol just sounds like a really bad vtuber trying to speak english.

the voice acting expert has logged on...to DIE

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Misuzu make Carol cry. Unforgivable.

Good, that’s why carol never gets hugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sindai posted:

I'd watch a whole series of Tomo killing the gals