Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

look i fixed it

jun got owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is shockingly accurate teenager behavior

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

no drone has ever been more obviously carol's mom's drone

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

VERY thick, in multiple ways

a thickboy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yep

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the jun/tomo relationship is shockingly nuanced from jun's side for something like this

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the first impression was suspect, for one

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jun

how

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lmao if you actually thought

WHOM ACTUALLY THOUGHT

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

She said she was going to start teasing him though, why think anything else was going to happen?

because actually going forward with it would be a massive damaging tone shift completely out of line with the rest of the series, mostly

like that's just not how storytelling works for a comedy romance

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

daily reminder: despite being the protagonist of Breaking Bad, Walt was in fact the villain

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

When you think about it, it's kind of messed up that Jun needs to establish his physical superiority and dominance over Tomo for a relationship to be possible. Like the idea of dating a girl who is stronger than him is inherently out of the question.

japan

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

did I stutter

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm just gonna put one last word out since i will admit that being short about it makes it easy to take a worse way than intended

japanese media frequently (definitely not universally) adheres to some pretty strict gender roles. tomo-chan already breaks a lot of them by presenting tomo as an invincible whirlwind of destruction, but it also - and maybe not even intentionally - reinforces them with the concept that jun cannot seem to acknowledge tomo as a romantic partner until he believes himself stronger than her

it's equivalent to american media being willing to be outrageously violent and throw blood everywhere but deeply, deeply reject sexuality that strays too far away from high school giggling and flirting - i'd even argue that of the two, america's poo poo fucks up way harder and has fewer people attempting to buck the trend that attain any success

i apologize for not putting out a more complete thought and falling back on an easy knee-jerk

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oh yeah I remember the huge scandal when a piece of American media showed sex. :monocle:

Yo I'll hear out arguments about my having a narrow view of popular Japanese media but don't even try telling me US television doesn't trend hilariously puritannical

There's that scene in Hannibal of a murdered couple that almost didn't get allowed in due to bare asses. They filled the buttcracks with blood to hide them and the scene was then okayed

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This is extremely good

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lol if you're ever reading comments on any manga site or any site at all including something awful

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

chumbler posted:

Maybe Misuzu will learn from this that she should stop trying to manipulate her friends.

lmao if you think misuzu isn't manipulating kou right now

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hahaha holy poo poo

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe Carol's going to kill a classmate.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nalin posted:

The mom walks in. "Say it."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

now if only they weren't related. . .

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ps vol. 5 cover

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mirage posted:

Heh, missed that second page.

Carol: Now we can get married and you can take care of the three of us!

Misaki: Yeah, I -- wait, three?

Carol: Yeah, didn't I tell you, I'm pregnant with Jun's baby!

Misaki: *INFINITE RAGE MODE*

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carol's still probably gonna kill misuzu though, just on general principle. she could have oh, i don't know, told carol about kou's misconceptions? or maybe explained to kou that carol does get angry sometimes and that he is unnecessarily putting her on a pedestal? just because jun is an idiot who can't be communicated with doesn't mean that's true of everyone. someone dedicated to the idea of being a sly puppetmaster makes for an awful friend.

but a good character in a comedy romance manga

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a hand. . . . .

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

misuzu just mass effecting out of frame, no animation

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my favorite parts of the comic are when it's time for people to die

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i can't believe the gym teacher poisoned tomo for everyone's safety

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember this page whenever you think either of them deserves someone else

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jun is cool

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

y'all napping lately

he's GONNA catch up

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is why you never complete your sidequests

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Remember that Gorou's other job is rampaging through the streets beating criminal rear end

He's saying Tomo hasn't chosen to be a Streets of Rage protagonist

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

holy poo poo young swimsuit tomo, that's a fuckin look

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i thought the issue at manga start was that he doesn't see tomo as a girl (a subtle but important difference from actually thinking she's a boy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hey guess what

kids are dumb and this is extremely realistic