Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
This was written in response to Muffin's first prompt, though I think it could fit with the second one too! Mainly I just used this thread as an excuse to vent about a horrible nightmare I had, but I think I have something worth building on. All crits welcome, if anyone is so inclined

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vFnva8lEiKRNKBgpMDOcjUgDzb38vCELARKxpAAskNk/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

No Gravitas posted:

Wait. What? First prompt? "The sun is missing"? But there isn't a missing sun in the-- Oooooh.....

Thank you for the crits :3:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
gently caress yall im going off-prompt

an open letter to the gods

It's a little-known fact that approximately .002% of humans are divine beings in disguise. Even gods and get sick of each other's bullshit. Ever had one of those friends who just keeps loving up in the same ways over and over again, who comes to you and whines about it on a schedule that you could set your watch by? Now imagine that scaled up to deity proportions. Your gently caress-up friend fucks up over the course of eons, and then bitches at you about it over the lifespan of a universe. By comparison, human lives are chaotic, frenetic, and full of novelty. Drama erupts, escalates, and dissipates in the time it would take a metacosmic entity (this is the more politically correct term, not that anyone cares) to blink, if blinking was a thing we had to do.

Earth lets the divine forget themselves. We're born screaming. We experience innocence, then lose it. We ricochet between love and loss and hate and hunger and hoo boy it's a hell of a trip. Can god create an object that's so heavy even he can't lift it? If he wants to. That's the gift of omnipotence; you have the power to be as strong or weak as you want to be.

There are laws of nature that apply to any creature, no matter how infinite. One of those laws is absence makes the heart grow fonder. As a human, we might have an inkling of our true nature. Just enough to make us crave the infinite, radiant lattice of the multiverse.

Sometimes we find each other on Earth. Maybe it's just a passing exchange of glances on a train at rush hour or in a concert crowd. Sometimes we're each other's coworkers or family members or childhood friends. Sometimes a god in the skin of a mother will berate her daughter, not knowing that she's acting out a grudge older than the big bang. Sometimes we accidentally take each other as lovers, following the dim, vague scent of familiarity, and don't understand why we fight all the goddamn (ha) time.

If you are a god, you know all of this already, of course. Though you might not know that you know. But as you read these words, you feel that tart, synchronistic pull of truth in your orgones. Maybe you knew me, and will know me again, and that fills your meat suit with a baseless anger that you cannot name.

Omnipotence means being as weak as you want to be, to forget what you want to forget. I chose to remember, so that I could deliver this message to you while you are soft and forgetful and human: I am sorry.

I can only hope that you have forgotten enough to forgive me.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i won't officially judge this, but i will be silently judging it

• Locked thread