Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've played this game a bit but don't think I've ever gotten anywhere near to finish it however. Looking forward to it a lot. :v:

Ptolo posted:

Dream and Spirit sounds like a magical combination.
This sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm really enjoying watching this. Hitting satyrs over the head has never been as fun.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Are there any restrictions on respecing?

Would it really have mattered if the bridge wasn't broken since you still have to go around it for the main quest anyway? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really want to play this game again but I'm too paralyzed by indecision on what mastery to use and I also want to convince a friend to buy it. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The ideology eater posted:

The only D&D opinion that I think is really bad that you expressed there is the "gently caress you play a rogue" one. Why do you have to be less effective just because your character concept is "sneaky guy" instead of "singing guy"? As long as you're roleplaying it appropriately and consistently what does it matter what the mechanics say you are? I see it as basically the same thing as changing the flavor of attacks to better fit the character. I like all the characters to pull their own weigh both in games I run and games I'm playing in though so I suppose I might just be coming at it from a bit of a different angle.
Yeah. Personally I really hate the whole you are class x therefore you are only allowed to be a typical class x character. As long as it's not something dumb like playing a wizard, wearing plate and only hitting people with a sword obviously.

Slightly related: I once got told off by the gm because apparently my ranger was a fighter since I wasn't using "ranger weapons". My idea was a ranger with more of a strength focus with maces instead of agility and that was strictly verboten since all rangers are only ever maximum agile and uses two swords for melee with no exceptions.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I completely agree that minmaxing powergamer mcmunchkins are annoying people to play with. "Watch me solo this party encounter because I am so good. Stand back and bask in my glory. :smug:" :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Rogues should be awesome. But really so should every class. Please never 3.5 monks again. :(

Classless systems can be pretty good, or with soft classes that doesn't lock you out of anything.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

3.5 monks and paladins need too many good stats. Give your monk/paladin players three guaranteed 15s and let them roll the other three, if you do rolls. Otherwise, bonus points. Monks need good str dex con and wisdom to even function, plus they need a decent intelligence to even make use of their ok skill list (2+into mod but a large list of skills? What?) if they're going to fulfill any out of combat role. Paladins need good str con wisdom and cha to function, and once again, can really benefit from an ok intelligence.

Rogues can function fine with just a high dex score. Casters only need one high score (yes, even druids and clerics) and fighters rangers and barbarians can get by with two good scores, and though they'll always benefit from more good scores, their core class features aren't hamstrung without them.
After playing with people who always manage roll up great stats (legitimately, in front of everyone), point buy all the time!

Druids are crazy, they can manage with good wisdom and a 6 in every other stat. Also I read somewhere that warlocks don't really need any stats, sure they're better if the have them but they're still playable even with a zero point buy.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So it's like the houserule that a 1 on the attack roll doesn't just miss, it causes severe fumbling damage to yourself?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The more skilled you are the more attacks you make and therefore more chances at cutting your own leg off. :downs:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just bought a copy for a friend, maybe he'll take the hint and we'll get to quest together. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Discount Mercenary must be an Order of the Stick reference: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0023.html

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

A lot more of the world was connected way back when than you might suppose.
Romans liked to wear silk. :eng101:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hobbits and nazis are exactly the same thing? Did I miss something not watching the third Hobbit movie?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The eyeball is basically Sauron powering up the minions to crush enemies and see them driven before it. It even has the "I see you!" stare to paralyze them with fear.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Ugh wow that's the final trap upgrade? Bleh.
I guess it might be cool if you can get like 2 or 3 on the field at once, but ehhhhhhh
Yeah, even the crappy old traps we saw the enemy use in Greece were more impressive. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I thought my weekend was a bit incomplete.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Those don't look like real moose to me. :colbert:

Would the Greek know what a moose was at this time?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah the terrain is kinda dull looking. But at least it's not also covered with excessive bloom.

Recipes are so annoying. Too much crap too keep track of and hoping you get lucky with drops so you can actually get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Now I'm all excited about watching you guys do a Grim Dawn let's play. :)

• Locked thread