Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dream and Earth look cool as hell. Evoker sounds like a recipe for fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can you guys post the skill trees you're using? It might be fun to theorycraft a bit

And per your rule you guys will essentially have max base stats from skills at level 32?

EDIT: repeated words

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 23, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'd say grab Premonition and Distortion Field to give you more tankiness.
Grab Dream Stealer because "Devastate your enemies and steal their power by ripping the very dreams from their minds." sounds :black101: as all gently caress. Phantom Strike seems p Rogue-y but I dunno it doesn't wow me.
And I guess try and get Distort Reality and Temporal rift since those seem like a PBAoE version of your Distortion Wave which is prob more helpful.

and yeah up that mantra cause holy poo poo that's silly good

...I'm really way more into the Dream tree than the Rogue tree so I see what Agent meant.

Oh and you might wanna spec into nightmare because "Master Mind: (Rank: 1 of 8): The Nightmare is able to speak to the minds of your other minions and coordinate their attacks, making them more effective in combat. 50 Energy Cost, 15.0 Meter Radius,Bonus to All Pets:,+5% Total Damage, +30% Health Regeneration, +30% Energy Regeneration" loving super dogges

EDIT: wait is Lucid Dream a loving passive???

EDIT 2: guiz i think i rely liek dreem
Psionic Touch + Psionic Burn seem way better than Calculated Strike + Lucky Hit. LH seems way too random to be useful, and requires you to like spread yourself really thin across the rogue tree. Psionic Burn seems to fit the sort of PBAoE + Hard Spike single target + Beast Mastery playstyle you're going for. Basically throw traps, summon nightmares, use PS to get into a mob, use DR to blast and stun, clickclickclick...
If you see a boss, Phantom Strike to them then Lethal Strike before clickclickclick

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 23, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Agent355 posted:

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Soothsayer&master1=2&master2=4

Thats roughly where I am right now.

The goal is to pump up spirit mastery and reach some of the other auras/pets before going back and adding more points to some of the really cool/useful stuff I've been collecting.

Ya need to copy the url in the bottom textbox duder

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We're still in Act 1 and you guys are almost level 20. Are the other acts shorter or something? Cause you can prob hit 32 at this rate by act 2. Does the game expect you to have all the stat-ups from your skill points by that time?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

IMO prob something like this would be good http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc....4-1-0-0-0-4-3-0 for getting into Act 3. You guys will prob respec at 32 cause Distort Reality will prob do a lot more for you than Distortion Wave. Eyeball also gets a new move at 5/12.

Really I dunno what's better, Psionic Touch or Calculated Strike. If you go, CS you get piercing and can use other skill points for something else, since the passive unlocked by it is pretty bad. OTOH PT has dots and PBAoEs and poo poo.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I am very triggered that you don't put in that one lousy point which gives your pet a new attack.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

IMO http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc....0-3-0-0-0-5-1-0
I removed Temporal Flux to prevent player speed differences, despite being a dope passive. Deffo take Distort Reality and Phantom Strike.

I wouldn't take Throwing Knives. Folks here seem to think poison is the poo poo so unless you decide to go into bleeding, I'd say just focus on traps, Blade Honing and Lethal Strike. Don't up Eyeball's Hypnotic gaze past 1. It's .5 sec per SP. Is that really worth it? Especially since you might have poison do it for you?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 19, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy gently caress that Phantom Strike is even better than I thought. Distort Reality apparently becomes a caster killer since you drain enemy energy and deal damage based on the amount drained. Grab Psionic Touch since that's good for magical creatures. Put some points into Distortion Field too since it'll give you a bit more tankiness. Enemies seem to hit hard now so jumping into the fray without defense might be a bad idea. Or don't and just play rocket tag; enemies can't kill you if they're dead. gently caress me Dream is stupid good.
If you find anything which reduces cooldowns, grab it. Not just for the dream skills but for your traps. Those will prob be more effective if you can throw out multiples of them.
AoE seems to be the order of the day so when you can pick up Poison Gas Bomb (put just one point into Shrapnel after) and max Flash Powder when you can. I'd say save Envenom Weapon for much later since you already have Blade Honing going.

I dunno how I feel about the Rogue class. It feels like it's trying to do too much and all its skills are too dependent on each other. We got slashes that do bleed AND ALSO slashes that cause piercing AND ALSO poison AND ALSO Aoe poison (dependent on other poison passives) AND ALSO large damage spike that is sort of dependent on bleeding AND ALSO stationary pets.

I can see myself just taking Dream for whatever. Like do if I was a melee class I could just shove some points into its auras and passives and that would be that. Or I could grab psionic touch and its secondary upgrade for ez autoattacks. I can't see myself doing the same for Rogue. Envenom Weapon can take up to 40 SPs. Bleeding skills seem to be smeared across categories which can take almost 80 SP to max out. Check it:

Anatomy - 8
Open Wound - 12
Mortal Wound - 8+1 for lethal strike prereq
Throwing Knife - 12
Flurry of Knives - 6
Shrapnel - 12+1 for Poison Gas Bomb prereq
And I guess
Lucky Hit - 6+1 Calculated Strike prereq

Now granted you will bleed everything ever, which is cool, but since you have like 150-200 SPs to work with at max, I can't see that investment working out. Granted I realize Dream was made intentionally powerful, so the issue isn't that Rogue is so bad but Dream is so good, but idk.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

IMO don't max out Susceptability and Fatigue.

Sus has a max of -39% but for 2 skill points less you get -30%. Dropping enemies down by less than a 10% might be okay for a 6s duration spell, but I'd save those points for upgrading your summons. Up to you tho.

Fatigue basically has no difference between r6 and r8

Saps the strength from diseased enemies causing them to move more slowly and fight less effectively.
(-3)-(-11) Damage, 5% Chance of 64% Reduction to Enemy's Health, 31% Reduced Damage for 3 Seconds, -28% Total Speed

vs

Saps the strength from diseased enemies causing them to move more slowly and fight less effectively.
(-3)-(-15) Damage, 5% Chance of 69% Reduction to Enemy's Health, 36% Reduced Damage for 3 Seconds, -33% Total Speed

That 5% activation is always constant, reducing an enemy's damage by a 20th is so not worth 2 SPs and the attack speed decrease is unimpressive too. Also we're talking about a 6 s condition so idk how great an attack speed reduction is.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You could buff Summon Outsider. For 5 More SP his min damage at level 6 is higher than his max damage at level 1

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah that duration and cooldown isn't great.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ugh wow that's the final trap upgrade? Bleh.
I guess it might be cool if you can get like 2 or 3 on the field at once, but ehhhhhhh

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I am kinda not feeling the traps. You honestly might want to spec out of them. They have synergy with Mastermind, but they don't really seem to do much. It'll free up points for Psionic Touch and other stuff.

What you can do is this: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc....8-6-0-0-0-8-8-0

Flash Powder seems to work well as filler in between Phantom Strike and Distort Reality cooldowns. You want it at level 8 though since that's when its radius becomes equal to Distort Reality's. Use Poison Bomb as another AoE too, though its range is much smaller.

Should be a fun build. "*Phantom Strike*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*explodes into poison, blindness, stuns in crowd*"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I dig the terrain, besides we're still in the early stages of the expansion, aren't we?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:justpost:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Not impressed with Psionic Touch either tbh. You're prob doing work since a lot of your skills are anti-demon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy gently caress that passive buff loving skyrocketed your murder potential :stare:

I suppose I feel you on the Blade Honing. It's prob something to invest in when it's like "I literally have nothing else to put this poo poo into"

And yeah you guys breezed through that tower.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

From the sounds of it I thought you were gonna die a few times per floor, so by that metric it went pretty well!

Re: D3

So I never played the game, but I over the years game devs have made an effort to appeal to more casual fans. And these people usually get super paralyzed whenever it comes time to make some super-important decision when it comes to your build. So being able to hotswap builds, signposting for bosses and whatnot is very much in vogue. Of course it sounds like Diablo 3 has a balancing problem where One Build Rules Them All, but that's a balancing issue, not a design issue. Would being locked into a build matter that much if the game balance was a lot better?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's weird that your damage output went down so much. Like I really don't see the reason why, your Phantom Strike should still oneshot dudes. It's 200% dmg after all. You might wanna max out Lucid Dream, since this will improve your damage and electric burn dots.

If you keep getting on low HP, take off Poison Bomb and use Flash Powder. Then once you get some cooldown-reducing gear, you should be able to keep stuns up on 100% of the time. Then unspec out of Flash Powder.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Is cooldown reduction equipment just really rare? You guys have yet to find any I think.

And just keep pumping, Distort Reality and its tree and into the Envenom weapon tree. If your damage is lacking, shove some points into your passives. IMO don't take shrapnel cause you don't have synergy with bleeding and more points in Poison Bomb means more range.

Really though if you can get cooldown reductions then you can do some whacky loving poo poo with Phantom Strike :unsmigghh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

poo poo. How far off are you on average? Cause you might just wanna dump points into int then cause if you can warp everywhere and one-shot poo poo, well gently caress strength.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Think you guys can get through Egypt in one video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think Earth has more particle effect spam than any other tree thus far.

• Locked thread