Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This territory control metagame stuff is basically EndWar's multiplayer mode... Sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm surprised there aren't thousands of videos out there of streamers getting pwned by their brains via freudian slip like there are for news anchors and stuff.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I finally realized what this game kind of reminds me of:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That game seriously broke my heart, I was in middle school when Battlefront 1/2 came out and I was really obsessed with the idea of a LOTR: Battlefront game, to the point of filling half a math notebook with doodles of what the different classes would be, mounts (vehicles), hero mechanics, what the different maps/modes would be and how they'd be laid out etc. Then half a decade later the actual Battlefront dev team released a LOTR: Battlefront game and, unbelievably enough, it was awful. My middle school math notebook was almost entirely better ideas/maps- like you can't even fly around the maps on one of those fellbeasts (Sad!) It was all deeply demoralizing but I still platted it because I felt like I had to. Afterwards I thought a lot about how such an innocent adolescent desire as a LOTR: Battlefront game could eventually be conceived in reality in such a twisted form, as if my earnest heartfelt wishing was noticed by some sort of malevolent demiurge which turned it all on its head and spawned it just to mock and spite me. I started really questioning reality and my place in it, and I guess that was what eventually led me to take the Red Pill.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember saying to my friends that DICE should pick up the Battlefront series when Pandemic shuttered in 2009, too... Whoops. Sorry

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game seems like it won't be much fun without a full party and AFAIK no one I know, IRL or on here, is getting it at launch so I dunno...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I really don't care for how the different heroes aren't locked to their specific factions, I went into this expecting Knights vs Samurai/Samurai vs Vikings/Vikings vs Knights, and instead it's just Whoever vs Bleh. Even the different faction grunts look the same. There's no real aesthetic cohesion from a gameplay perspective, which is particularly unfortunate since the art and sound design are easily this game's strongest asset. If each faction has their own hero for each of the four main roles why not force people to play that specific faction's hero and mix things up a little each match instead of letting them pick one main character and using them exclusively? I feel like I'm overthinking this but... :/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nitevision posted:

This is $60 game, with a Season Pass, and a system where you buy Game Time to boost your XP and get more loot, and micro transactions for loot boxes that affect in game stats . :discourse:

This is how every single shooter game is now. Cool to see this spreading to other genres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Part of the reason I love Titanfall 2 so deeply is because it's the only big budget FPS game in the last couple of years that doesn't do any of that.

• Locked thread