Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

My favorite California history bit is the story of Bruce's Beach. Bruce's Beach was the first (or one of the first, accounts differ) all-black beach resorts on the West Coast. It was located in Manhattan Beach, CA, a town which was whitebread as all hell up until the late 1990s. The local Klan didn't much approve of blacks getting access to the beach; the city tried to imminent domain black people's beach houses; there were also a couple mysterious fires that the fire department took over an hour to respond to (the fire station was located about a 10 minute walk away from Bruce's Beach). The land was later acquired by the city and bulldozed; it is now the site of a park, lifeguard station, and some kind of sewage management apparatus.

My grandpa told me about it and said that it was pretty awful, he heard about it when it happened and he was all the way down in Long Beach at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Killer Low Life posted:

Fun California fact #69: it sucks here, do not come here, go back to America

ftfy

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Piggy Smalls posted:

I have my dvr set to record all his old shows when they come on. He rules and I miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVFEVWJMz8

• Locked thread