Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You guys wanted a $20 H2H league with 10-12 people, by God here it is!

Buy-in: It's.....twenty dollars

Draft Date: Monday, March 27th 6:30 PM Pacific. I picked this date and time out of thin air, it can be changed if need be.

Categories: Standard 5x5, we can change this to some kind of 6x6 if someone has a better idea. I am open to anything that's not too bizarre.

Playoffs: 4 teams if we have 10 players. 6 if we have 12

Other non-standard Yahoo things: I made "add injured players from waivers or FA to IR" to YES and I made the playoff tiebreaker "best regular season record vs. opponent" rather than "higher seed"

max acquistions in a week is 6 and min. IP is 7, this can also be changed if someone has a better idea.

Want an invite? Post here or PM me and I'll PM or email the link.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SA Name Team Name Paid?

coronaball Jobu Needs a Refill YES
jabro my name is jabro YES
mentholmoose WACHA WACHA WACHA YES
Teemu Pokeman SlowSlowSlow UrBoat YES
Doltos Slappys Team YES
DAIRY KING AllUrBasesRBelong2Us YES
Inspector 666 The Assman YES
dewey7788 The Hatbale Winners YES
Jack Del Huevos Mile High Bombers YES
El Caganer WAR Pigs YES
xdistak Jose's Sailing School YES
marioninblack Lenny Dykstra YES

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 11, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I will be in on this because I'd rather see my 20 dollars inevitably go towards a goon than a random yahooer who limps into the H2H playoffs with the shittiest team and gets randomly hot for a few weeks

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

That's two people! :rolleye:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
yo sup goons I'm ready to slog through 180 days of torture for no payoff

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This is my official announcement of reservation for securing my involvement of said league.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I haven't played in forever, but I'm willing to throw my hat into the ring this year.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I'm interested in losing money, you should send me an invite.

e: Got the invite, I assume we're doing payment through PayPal instead of Yahoo?

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 14, 2017

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'll give it a try

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC
count a brother in, its been a while but im ready to lose 20 bucks

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

mentholmoose posted:

e: Got the invite, I assume we're doing payment through PayPal instead of Yahoo?

Yes, we'll do payment through paypal or google wallet. But not yet, let's get it filled up first

Everybody who posted should have gotten a PM with the link.

Also, please post your team name if it's not obvious who you are.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mine's pretty obvious until I think of a better one. It will be easier to find my team once the season starts. Just look for the one on top of the standings the whole season.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Mine's WACHA WACHA WACHA.

jabro posted:

It will be easier to find my team once the season starts. Just look for the one on top of the standings the whole season.

But then people will find my team instead of yours. IDGI

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm SlowSlowSlow Ur Boat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
im slappys team right now until i think of a hilarious sports pun

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC
im allurBASESrbelong2us until i can think of something else

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress it, I'm in.

Other league I'm in is 6x6 OPS/WHIP which seems fine if other people are into it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather have OPS than average because I got ripped off in yahoo leagues every year thinking walks matter

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

WHIP is already a category though. Would need another P category to even it out.

Would we want AVG and OPS? Or one or the other?

Also, how do we stand on using QS rather than W's? I think I lean QS, but I don't have a real strong opinion on it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

WHIP is already a category though. Would need another P category to even it out.

Would we want AVG and OPS? Or one or the other?

Also, how do we stand on using QS rather than W's? I think I lean QS, but I don't have a real strong opinion on it.

Oh yeah sorry QS was the additional category in my league :downs:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather have OPS and just nix averages since it's essentially the same stat, one just tells you less about a player. I was in a league with QS and Wins at the same time and didn't mind it much.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
any openings left? i want in :shepspends:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm The Assman, although I assume I will change that name to something else unfunny and try-hard before the draft.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If we're replacing average, I'd rather have OBP and SLG as separate categories than just OPS tbh

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh also I'm gonna be that guy and ask if we can move the draft, either the day before or after would work fine, but I have a concert to go to the night of the 22nd. However I also don't get out of work until 6 so could we push the time to 7 too?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'll keep thinking about the stats, you guys keep posting suggestions. One way would be to take Teemu's idea of nix AVG and add OBP and SLG and then add one more Pitching category, either Holds or QS. I seems to me that having QS and Ws would overpower top-tier starters too much, but maybe I'm wrong. You guys know more than me.

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh also I'm gonna be that guy and ask if we can move the draft, either the day before or after would work fine, but I have a concert to go to the night of the 22nd. However I also don't get out of work until 6 so could we push the time to 7 too?

I can move the day to Tuesday 3/21 or Weds 3/29, that doesn't matter this far out. This is at 6 PM Pacific though. Are you on the West Coast?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I like Teemu's idea. It gives us an extra batting statistic and lets us differentiate between sluggers and on base pros. I also like Wednesday still cus I coach on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

I can move the day to Tuesday 3/21 or Weds 3/29, that doesn't matter this far out. This is at 6 PM Pacific though. Are you on the West Coast?

Oh, I am on the east coast so the hour is fine. What the hell Yahoo why wouldn't you either change the time to my timezone or append the friggin timezone to the notification?!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I'd say do OBP and SLG instead of average, like Teemu suggested, and add Holds. It makes relievers more useful on the whole.

Also I'd rather do a draft on a Tuesday if possible. I can do pretty much any day - knowing this far in advance, at least - except for Thursday, but Tuesday works better than Wednesday.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

I'd say do OBP and SLG instead of average, like Teemu suggested, and add Holds. It makes relievers more useful on the whole.

I'm cool with this

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Sign me up if there's still room! Thanks!

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
I'd love to be in if there's room as well!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'll play!

What kind of draft?

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm cool with this

agreed im cool with this

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC
Hey have we agreed on all of the scoring details? if so, do you think we can create a list so I can start doing that Rain Man thing I do before I horribly fail at the draft.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alright everyone who posted should have received an invite via PM. If you didn't, it wasn't intentional! We should have 12 teams if everyone I PM'd signs up.

How about a Monday for the draft? People seem to have various conflicts on Tuesday, Weds, and Thurs.

DAIRY KING posted:

Hey have we agreed on all of the scoring details? if so, do you think we can create a list so I can start doing that Rain Man thing I do before I horribly fail at the draft.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Hey, I'm sorry but I backed out. It's just that I realized it's highly unlikely that I can commit to a specific time in advance since my wife is almost 9mo pregnant. I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone, hopefully you can get a replacement.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Joined the league as The Hateable Winners.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doghouse posted:

Hey, I'm sorry but I backed out. It's just that I realized it's highly unlikely that I can commit to a specific time in advance since my wife is almost 9mo pregnant. I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone, hopefully you can get a replacement.

No problem, just delete your team if you haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Monday for a draft should be a-ok with me

• Locked thread