Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

My cousin told me about it when I was (19? 20?) and how great goons are. I was a reader of fark before that. I stayed because I like some of the in depth threads, and reading along with people when we're all watching the same TV shows.

I stayed because it's a great research tool. I'm a writer by day, and if I want to know about something specific, there's usually a thread covering some aspect of it. Also, politics. Also, video game.

Most importantly though, the self publishing thread in Creative got me to start self publishing 3 years ago? I now have a thriving business and work for myself entirely because of it.

It's still a huge time suck, and as I move on to being a YouTuber at some point this year, I'll probably have to cut back to five or ten minutes a day at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread