Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I first came to SA because someone linked a front page article to me. I thought it was cool but never thought about it again until I saw some restupurae videos. Clicking around, I found more front page content and then saw the forums. I lurked them for a while and eventually posted in games. When I first joined, I thought games would be a great place to chat about stuff, but now I mostly just lurk DnD for political updates and PYF for a condensed internet experience. I browse a couple of other news sites but largely my internet browsing is just the forums now (I also have really low-speed internet right now, which makes it hard to do anything but look at text).

Tell me about your glorious posting careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

signalnoise posted:

Reg'd for Games, stayed for Coupons

I used to browse SA-Mart bought a couple things from people. My favorite purchase was the candy by that Raley guy in Florida. Tried to get an office I worked for to buy a bunch one time, but that didn't pan out.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

a shared caustic sense of humor.

I think that really endeared me to the forums too, though I don't know if I identified it right away. I used to do that goonTV thing awhile back where people would watch videos together. It was nice because no one took anything going on there too seriously but there weren't lovely people just spamming the chatbox.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I hope you get to your target weight captain cancer. And I hope you're not part of the bacon grease drinkers crew that used to be around the forums.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I read somewhere that browsing forums and stuff at work is equivalent to taking a coffee break: it kind of resets you and you get to re-orient yourself to working. I remember when I had a more regular job, I would eventually stand up from my desk and check out the latest in the Pol Cartoons thread or Schadenfreude on my phone. It really did help me refocus. And then I would go get a cup of coffee.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

forums went private in the middle of the purple dildo thing.

lol wat?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I can always go to PYF and get a chuckle though. Definitely better than Reddit.

PYF is like a convenient one-stop shop for internet stuff. I don't really feel like searching for interesting content on my own anymore, but there's a shitton of people who share videos, comics, interesting or awful sites on PYF. It's like a distilled internet without as much garbage to sort through to get one good thing.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Imagine I posted a gif of the simpsons where homer has changed his workplace sign to "DO IT FOR HER" but it then morphs back into the original sign Mr. Burns placed: "YOU'RE HERE FOREVER"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Basebf555 posted:

I joined SA because I had an office job for the first time that allowed me to goof off and surf the internet. All other jobs before then had been retail. Despite my bad work habits I still have an office job and have not had to return to retail as of yet.

99% of my posts are in CineD, I'm a movie fanatic.

You should post in the Blockbuster video forum as well, my very good friend Basebf555.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You need to work on your self-esteem.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Then later in HS and into college, I found many interests outside of Nintendo,

I really enjoy this turn of phrase.

• Locked thread