Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hawke posted:

Came for the games, stayed for the games. SA beats all the other forums I used to browse by far.

This, pretty much. With the caveat that SA is probably one of the only tolerable forums out there on that front if you're actually looking to goof off and relax and not be obnoxiously obsessive towards others about optimizing your play.

Originally though Penny Arcade played with Somethingawful on a few games way back in the days of my youth. It slowly became apparent that SA knew a hell of a lot more what they were doing when it came to having fun and not freaking out over min maxing numbers. Then the sperglords started to infiltrate many of the gaming goon groups here as well. Not that I mind, for all the bitching about it DnD is probably one of the better forums out there for talking about politics.

Also the GBS photoshop threads back before it was converted into it's current lovely form were amazing and helped to seal the deal. I got like a year's worth of laughs out of lurking before I figured it was worth :10bux: for that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread