Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I joined because of Atma's CYOAs, or at least that's when the decision to join gelled for me. I love SA and GBS in particular because it's not locked into one political or social subculture and I can explore all my interests (and learn lots of new things) without feeling either oppressed by opposing viewpoints or smothered by a obnoxious hugbox. I feel like I've earned my $10 worth of entertainment and much much more. SA is funny, pathetic, uplifting, humbling and affirmative all at once and it is always challenging.

I have yet to encounter another web community that can surpass or even match the caliber of people and discussion on the Somethingawful Forums and believe me I'm searching desperately :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread