Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I started coming here to procrastinate from work I was supposed to be doing and I still come here for that reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

zeldadude posted:

IIRC the site came under some legal fire that caused the files subforums to go away, and a post was made explaining what happened and how talking about them wouldn't be tolerated. That was enforced for a good year or two there. Sometime in the past few years everyone stopped caring, not sure when exactly but it's interesting to remember back to that point of SA's history

not only was it verboten to discuss those specific forums, for a while it was verboten to even imply that you had access to "pirated" music, tv shows, or games at all (the games people took this way more seriously than anyone else though)

now that youtube is a thing that doesn't make any kind of sense. not that it made much in the first place

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sebmojo posted:

joined for Eve, still haven't played it, haha

its one of the most boring and tedious video games I have ever played, I've never understood how it managed to generate so much drama

• Locked thread