Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Found SA from the "How to make a webcomic" guide back in...2000? Stayed because the conversations about....everything were better than the lame forums I frequented at the time (PvP? Long gone now, Kurtz hated his fanbase) lurked, when I got my first CC in 2004 I signed up.

The :filez: were an unknown perk to me at the time. :shobon:

Still coming back because the conversations here are more...grounded? Take "Games" for example, you still get the obsessed weirdoes and anger that you see in reddit but there's enough people that are just talking about the game and enjoying it to counter balance. There's an underlying cynicism to SA in general that I like.

Also, I prefer the forum conversation format to the garbage "new" format of reddit upvote down votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread