Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetrock
Jul 26, 2005

This is the tower of murder... it's where I hang out!
Started reading the SA frontpage around 2001-2002, primarily yuks from Cliff Yablonski and other SA classic zaniness. Things like Photoshop Phriday introduced me to the existence of the forums, but I didn't bite the bullet and join until 2005--the forums struck me as being as diverse/potentially interesting to read as Usenet or old pre-WWW BBSes but a bit more organized. Stuck around because, as others have mentioned, social pressure and :10bux: seems to keep things somewhat civil and sane here (Of course, I still stay clear of FYAD and BYOB.) So I post once in a while in Traditional Games, TFR and a few other places, but mostly I read, learn, and continue to enjoy the zaniness and yuks. This forum has been great for adding a large number of obscure inside jokes to my mental world that nobody gets, unless of course they have stairs in their house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread