Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I discovered the ICQ pranks and became a fan of SA for Photoshop Phriday and other funny content. I thoroughly enjoyed the mocking of anything else on the net that was dumb and/or took itself too seriously. I lurked the forums for years until the paywall went up and I decided I liked the content enough to pay to join. Specifically AI and the gadget/DIY forums. Then I got addicted to GBS and ask/tell and now I just use these forums as a general "stay current" depository. I love watching trolls get dealt with here because they flood so many other forums and can turn/ruin a user experience almost overnight when allowed to roam. Also just the standards of content and grammar is almost completely unique here.

I think what really sets SA apart is judgment and how it plays in to the moderation. The unwritten rules that you either understand or you don't. Any rule is pretty much breakable at any time as long as it's funny or justified in some way. Like if someone is a particularly good storyteller in ask/tell then they can get away with being a lovely typist. And there are really no limits to content as long as it's funny. i.e. tribute.avi. But miss the mark and you're slapped down hard. I like that.

I went through some Fashion SWAT with my daughter last night and we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. I guess I'm raising her right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread