Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I had already forgot about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I'm not helping enforce it. I need the Hispanic vote if I'm ever going to win an election in GiP.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'm not helping enforce it. I need the Hispanic vote if I'm ever going to win an election in GiP.

Hispanic as gently caress. I even vote.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

please don't tempt me into posting more anime

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
trumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrump

EDIT: trump

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We got some CSPAM in our Kook cube

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Is this supposed to be the drunk thread? I don't even know anymore.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I honestly thought that was the DFAC

militars and cops are gonna need more than one drunk thread, tho

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

We got some CSPAM in our Kook cube

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I murdered a futsie (and I liked it)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

just warming this up for elmags

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

How else can we punish him? User rename? BIGGER custom title? New title text?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

temporary expulsion to gbscursed earth?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Faaaaaart

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

can an admin train him to ADTRW

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

no one deserves ADTRW

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

How else can we punish him? User rename? BIGGER custom title? New title text?

Rename to "Paul Yost-sama uguuuuuu"

or some poo poo like that

With this as an av

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Descending Bear was a severely underutilized asset.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

suboptimal posted:

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Descending Bear was a severely underutilized asset.

EBB for may, remember that when you vote

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just realized that the OP comic says "Forcemunce" patties, not "Forcemunch"

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Booblord Zagats posted:

With this as an av

Didn't that break the spine of the ship or something on firing?

w/e the us coast guard still has more firepower than the entire Canadian navy.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

I just realized that the OP comic says "Forcemunce" patties, not "Forcemunch"

That sounds dumb

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

With this as an av

I would pay to change this avatar/name change once, get it again, get a parachute account and become a lurker for 6 years.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Do it?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Canada has a navy?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

A couple of lovely subs, a few frigates and that's about it.

We had the 3rd largest navy in the world in 1945.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Went drinking with some Canadian sailors once, they seems alright.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

MA-Horus posted:

A couple of lovely subs, a few frigates and that's about it.

We had the 3rd largest navy in the world in 1945.

Yeah, but when #1 on that list was larger than all the others combined, that's not a particularly impressive thing to boast of.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

McNally posted:

Yeah, but when #1 on that list was larger than all the others combined, that's not a particularly impressive thing to boast of.

also because most other navies were wrecks in the murky deep by that point

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

read last stand of the tin can sailors

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Two Finger posted:

This is a very good book

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

Tremendous

loving

Balls

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

we will do what damage we can

and by that i mean we'll pound a far superior fleet so goddamned hard that they make the decision to withdraw (it's unfair to characterise it as sending them running because it really was a strategic withdrawal made from incomplete info)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
since this is about boats apparently can el malingo refer me to an anime episode in which this book is depicted by teenage girls tia

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

since this is about boats apparently can el malingo refer me to an anime episode in which this book is depicted by teenage girls tia

"teenage"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Do you really want me to do this?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

they're lining up to get you

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

After a preliminary search the answer is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hey EM what do you think about this:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2008/01/20/general/savor-the-sensation-of-being-a-princess/#.WP5OC_RHbCQ

quote:

JAN 20, 2008
ARTICLE HISTORY
PRINT SHARE
My handsome butler, resplendent in his smart black waistcoat and bow tie, greets me at the door. “Hello princess,” he softly intones as he manfully leads me to a rose-strewn alcove.

Romantic music swells and I sit down and thumb through the menu, feeling more nervous than I hope is apparent. What’s it to be? Sipping champagne while adorned with a tiara as this blue-eyed Adonis waits on me hand and foot?

Perhaps we should draw the lacy curtains for privacy and enjoy an intimate te^te-a-te^te together? Or better yet, I could have my photo taken as he lifts me up in his big strong arms. The options are enough to bring a flush to the cheeks of even this worldly maiden.

The only one of its kind, Butlers cafe, in Tokyo’s trend-center that is Shibuya, employs only young, handsome Western men to wait on a growing clientele of Japanese women.

But even though it is partly inspired by the recent trend for “butler cafes” — where customers are also called princesses and are served by handsome waiters — there are important differences here.

As well as the standard cake and coffee normally served, a wide range of alcoholic drinks are also available. Hold on, you may think — handsome men treating me sweetly in a romantic atmosphere, with rather pricey drinks (both soft and alcoholic kick off around ¥900) — aren’t we getting into host club territory?

Owner Yuki Hirohata is adamant that her establishment doesn’t fall into this category: “Some think Butlers cafe is a foreigner host club, but it’s not. We only have two rules: Don’t exchange personal information with the customer, and don’t touch the customer. Except of course for the Lift Me Up Photo — then we have to touch!”

Costing just ¥1,000, the Lift Me Up Photo is a particular favorite with Hirohata’s clientele. Other services available are Cinderella Time (¥2,000), where the customer receives some bubbly, sweets, a candle, a tiara and a silver bell on a silver platter; and Study English, where, for ¥4,000, budding female linguists receive a notebook in which they can exchange comments with their chosen butler each time they visit.

So, what qualities make for a good butler?

“First impact is everything for me,” Hirohata says with a twinkle in her eye. “Even if he is good looking, if he doesn’t have any charisma I don’t hire him. I look for inner beauty, brightness and honesty.”

I met three of Hirohata’s butlers — all of them handsome — yet each has his own particular appeal.

Brendan Lee, from America, with his elaborate anime-inspired hairstyle and baby-blue eyes, has a sensitive, pretty-boy charm.

Then there’s Crispin Deverill — with his seductive gaze and lustrous long hair swept back in a ponytail — who fits the role of the passionate Mediterranean lover to a tee, despite actually being from London; while Australian Renato Antolovich, muscular with bright eyes and neat spiky hair, oozed natural charisma.

Sometimes scared to chat

“All the butlers have their own fans. You can’t really say what kind of men Japanese women like. Some of our princesses don’t really look twice at me,” says Lee modestly.

Before she started her company, Hirohata did some research, asking women how they felt about foreign men. “They said that foreign guys have the ability to treat women well, and their compliments sound nice. But on the other hand they are often too casual and too friendly, so sometimes women are scared to chat with them.”

As a result, she decided to create a comfortable environment in which Japanese women could interact with foreign men without feeling any stress. In order to do this, she teaches her butlers Japanese culture and the local lingo. While she eschews the role of mama-san (a woman who manages a hostess bar or host cafe), I found it rather telling that she referred to her coterie of hunks as “boys,” although all were well into their 20s.

• Locked thread