Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cathode Raymond posted:

Did not even you, Gridlocked, so-called "High Priest of Rock", turn on Rock when Rock's need was greatest? Did not even you, oh "most faithful" of the Rockites, deny Rock's power?

I was consigned to this observer thread, because this is the place Rock chose for me, but I never lost faith in Rock. I always sang Rock's praises and prayed to Rock for deliverance from Scissors and knelt and kissed the smallest of pebbles that lined my way. I never strayed from the Narrow Rocky Path and I walk it still!

I consider you an apostate and no better than your Left teammates.

If we ever play RPS again, you will bow to me and acknowledge that I am the Rock Prophet. No amount of pennance will ever absolve you.

This thread has taught me that Rock Paper Scissors is a game of deep faith and utter betrayal. It is not to be taken lightly.

I changed back to Rock if you remember correctly. Go check the thread.

Get rockity-rockity-rock'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

What a ride

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm eagerly awaiting Fedule's move now.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The only winning move was not to play.

Team gloveless, you played a good match, even though you taunted us with the rock onslaught and my post history will show I hated you and even thought you had a part in engineering Crowghazi

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cathode Raymond posted:

Did not even you, Gridlocked, so-called "High Priest of Rock", turn on Rock when Rock's need was greatest? Did not even you, oh "most faithful" of the Rockites, deny Rock's power?

I was consigned to this observer thread, because this is the place Rock chose for me, but I never lost faith in Rock. I always sang Rock's praises and prayed to Rock for deliverance from Scissors and knelt and kissed the smallest of pebbles that lined my way. I never strayed from the Narrow Rocky Path and I walk it still!

I consider you an apostate and no better than your Left teammates.

If we ever play RPS again, you will bow to me and acknowledge that I am the Rock Prophet. No amount of pennance will ever absolve you.

This thread has taught me that Rock Paper Scissors is a game of deep faith and utter betrayal. It is not to be taken lightly.

I will sleep soundly tonight knowing that I never once strayed from the path of scissors, the most effective move to play. I didn't even flinch. My wholehearted devotion to scissors was a true constant--unlike crow. Looking at the last round, it's clear that Team Right had that victory sewn up with scissors so :argh: crow!!!!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Did I hear you ask for meticulously kept individual level stats?? Of course I did!

Some fun take-aways:

• Gridlocked had the most winning moves with 6 in total. Torrannor and AlphaKretin share second place with five.
  • Sjs00, amazingly, never voted for a losing move! Brightwing, MercurialOne and Ahundredbux only did so once.
  • chitoryu12 and CirclMastr were wrong the most times :shobon:
  • Team Right was only a single vote from betraying Team Left and winning the game all on their own in the last round
  • Blind Sally's gimmick of making effort posts while only ever voting for scissors was pretty drat good
  • Out of a total of 24 RPS moves made, 13 were rock. That's around 54%, for those of you keeping track.

I'm sure you can spot many more interesting things if you look hard enough!

Covski fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 12, 2017

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please Team Right. Please following Oblivion's precisely correct reasoning and go with it. It doesn't have to end like this

e: they're doing it... they're doing it :neckbeard:

I'm going through the threads right now, round by round, and I'd like to thank you for the compliment.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The stats also back up the general feel I got from our thread which is that we were all easily swayed by a good argument, and it looks like there was always a lot of dissenting opinions on team Left

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

TBH, you saving the team in round 9 was one of my personal favourite moments of the game as well!

:siren: Other observers, tell the thread about your favourite moments!

The feeling I got in general was that Team Right was the more analytical side that liked to sit down with a good ol' effortpost and think things through before agreeing on a course, while Team Left were more inclined to go with their gut feeling and play the psychological game.

I'd like to imagine that getting more and more data on the opponent's patterns was the reason Right managed to make that comeback :allears:

Covski fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 2, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Gridlocked posted:

I changed back to Rock if you remember correctly. Go check the thread.

Get rockity-rockity-rock'd.

Covski posted:

Did I hear you ask for meticulously kept individual level stats?? Of course I did!

I'm sure you can spot many more interesting things if you look hard enough!

I count six instances of apostasy :colbert:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I suppose I should disclose, in the interest of drama if nothing else, that I received a PM on Discord (I won't name names!) saying I should change to betray. I briefly considered it when I woke up and read it, but when I went to check the thread, it was already over.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cathode Raymond posted:

I count six instances of apostasy :colbert:

Ok you got me. You're the high priest of Rock.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
My favorite moment was when I read team left's thread and they all collectively voted for crow's blood instead of a move

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Covski posted:

Team Left were more inclined to go with their gut feeling and play the psychological game.

Definitely this. My intent was to go for boldness and unconventional moves. As you can see by my vote progression, this is the profile team right started to play against, despite the fact my influence over the team was patchy. My vote agreed with the left consensus 7 times and the null round, and dissented four times. Had they won over consensus support, one of my dissents would have changed a draw to a win, one would have changed a win to a draw, one would have changed a win to a loss, one would have changed a draw to a loss, three downgrades, one upgrade.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Fedule posted:

Allow me to wrinkle the proceedings further.

Crow's transgression is going to punished. This is not up for question.

I don't know quite how I feel about the matter, however. This was clearly a violation of the spirit of the game, and yet it has been a source of entertainment and drama in these dark times. How slighted are we, really?

I will therefore determine the severity of Crow's punishment according to the depth of the hatred across both teams.

There are twenty-one non-treacherous players across both teams, and I will count their betray votes.

0) 6 hours.
1-3) 12 hours.
4-12) 1 day.
13-18) 3 days
19-21) 1 week

Fate will decide.

E: the teams will not be told any of this.

Well! That's a fun wrinkle! It could be said crow triple-lost even with the cooperative ending.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Well! That's a fun wrinkle! It could be said crow triple-lost even with the cooperative ending.

Sadly we only hit one day.

I wonder if we can convince an admin to chance crows avatar to something befitting a PSR cheatyface. I would but I don't wanna spend money :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Gridlocked posted:

Sadly we only hit one day.

I wonder if we can convince an admin to chance crows avatar to something befitting a PSR cheatyface. I would but I don't wanna spend money :v:

Maybe we should hold an avatar contest and vote on which one captures his legacy as Arch Traitor the best?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Covski posted:

[*]Sjs00, amazingly, never voted for a losing move!!
I knew from the moment I signed up that this was gonna be amazing. Thanks for running this Covski

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I believe Crow's stuff was unnecessary, the game was interesting enough all by itself. But you've gotta improve ratings somehow. Next thread we should make one team the illegitimate child of the other and a secret third team comes in as the father!!!

Seriously, I'd love to play again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wow, it really goes that deep? I never really thought too hard about that game before. I'll be looking forward to those writeups.

I'll be on Team Right.

You know, I never thought that much about RPS before, but this changed everything. I have never expected so invested, and for such a game to be so intense. Thanks for hosting this, this was really fun.

I can't believe operation scissors was going to be successful! :argh: Crow should be punished for his war crime, and for denying scissors the ultimate victory.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 2, 2017

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Well, now I'm caught up. This was a great thing to take part in, and I'm surprised it blew up so much in the observer thread. Sticking to the team thread as I was, I really had no idea things were going big until crow pulled his stunt. Thanks Covski, for running this fun and surprisingly deep game of RPS for us all.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

I suppose I should disclose, in the interest of drama if nothing else, that I received a PM on Discord (I won't name names!) saying I should change to betray. I briefly considered it when I woke up and read it, but when I went to check the thread, it was already over.

The Rules posted:

Please keep all team communication within this thread so observers can follow along
:bahgawd:

On the other hand, I'm a bit sad I didn't get to use any of the alternate cooperation/betrayal-images:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The co-operation motion should've been a fist bump.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It was an observer, not a team member, or they wouldn't have known the change would win it!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Out of interest, going by post timestamps, how many times did the consensus change a losing or drawing one to a winning one after the other thread seemed to reach a verdict?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Reading about how Team Left rejected the crow's offer was glorious. :allears:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the best LP I've read in a long while.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

This was the best thing I've been involved in on the Internet. Possibly in my whole life. Thanks, Covski, Team Left and Team Right.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GeneX posted:

My favorite moment was when I read team left's thread and they all collectively voted for crow's blood instead of a move

Same

Crosspeice posted:

The co-operation motion should've been a fist bump.

You mean a Rock Bump.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
To commemorate our shared experience:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

That was way more intense than I expected :stare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Blind Sally posted:

:allears:

I'd say "I'm CirclMastr", but I'm, uh, not. I'm me (waring a jaunty-rear end hat :buddy:).

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Blind Sally posted:

holy poo poo :allears:

That was a lot of fun guys! We should do this again sometime. Just, you know, with less heartless BETRAYAL.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh good it's not double posting anymore. :laugh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Blind Sally posted:

lol@me chillin' out on my deck chairs as the revolution.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Never has it been more hilarious that I don't have an avatar.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Covski posted:

Actually only 4 since Frionnel isn't actually a registered team member, I just haven't had the heart to tell him :shobon:

Maaaaaaaaaan, i only found the observer thread today :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Covski's avatar. :3:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's been incredibly fun guys! I've been eager to read the other two threads for a while now. And it's great to look into the minds of our opponents now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Frionnel posted:

Maaaaaaaaaan, i only found the observer thread today :(

As a registered member of Team Left, I declare you honorary member anyway!

What a ride this has been. From looking like the sure winners to being on the brink of defeat, only to be saved by the most despicable traitor in LP history, I never thought it could be this much fun to play RPS on the SA forums. I really enjoy reading the two other threads, especially how different Team Right's approach was to ours. You were robbed, Team Right, you would have won. It's been an honor to play against you.

• Locked thread