Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm going with Team Left then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Frionnel posted:

Maaaaaaaaaan, i only found the observer thread today :(

As a registered member of Team Left, I declare you honorary member anyway!

What a ride this has been. From looking like the sure winners to being on the brink of defeat, only to be saved by the most despicable traitor in LP history, I never thought it could be this much fun to play RPS on the SA forums. I really enjoy reading the two other threads, especially how different Team Right's approach was to ours. You were robbed, Team Right, you would have won. It's been an honor to play against you.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Covski posted:

Again, thanks for all the kind words as well as the very heartwarming avatar! :3: Honestly though the players are the real stars of this LP, I was only a beancounter.

You came up with the idea and the thread, and your organization of the individual rounds was very good. This amazing LP wouldn't have been possible without you :glomp:

jon joe posted:

Watching how these teams play, I think I've figured out a good general strategy for group based RPS. I'm going to save it in case there's another go after this one, though.

So, time to explain what exactly you figured out!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

VKing posted:

This is the best thread. I'm in tears.

I can't :five: it enough.

Fake edit:

Damned, why can't I :five: it more!?

I'm probably jinxing it, but we have 110 votes, 5.0 average!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Covski posted:

All of these look very interesting, and I might very well consider making another LP in the Hand Games (and other assorted deceptively complex games) series!

Thing is, if I do another LP in the near future it's probably gonna be another game of RPS for the time being, since I've got that game figured out and I think it could have quite a bit more to give, entertainment-wise. It's something about the game being very easy to follow for a casual observer (unlike most other competitive LPs where you need a good understanding of the (often complicated) rules to be able to follow along with the reasoning and being able to see what is about to happen before the players do. Of course, another RPS game would have an official "no supervillainy allowed"-rule, to focus more on the pure game theory aspects.

That said, I'd be interesting in trying out an asymmetrical variant, such as Rock-Paper-Scissors-Well where one move is objectively stronger than the others, just to see how that would play out. It could make for a very interesting game, given that both teams this time around seemed to treat rock as the *stronger* move, despite the fact that neither ever played scissors :iiam:

Rock IS superior! Don't question rock!

Another round of RPS sounds fun, I would play again unless you make it a newbie game. If we play RPS again and it's open to the players of the first game, we should definitely try to mix up the teams. Perhaps people simply sign up to play, and you assign them to their teams? It could be as simple as taking two people who played for the same team last game, and then flipping a coin for one of them to decide his next team, with the other player automatically joining the opposing side.

• Locked thread