Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Covski posted:

I'll freely admit I'm still holding out hope for rock actually winning a point first round, but seeing rock lose would be satisfying too. A rock tie would be great as well. dammit i really just want to se rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neuq3p3IyP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
In single-iteration prisoner's dilemma, it is better to snitch (shanking is not simulated). You either get 0 - a full win! - or -2 (which is still less bad than -3 if you cooperate and they don't).

In chicken, it is better to swerve. Sure, you cannot win if you do that, but the outcome of both players going straight is just too dangerous. Of course, then you get into hyperrationality shenanigans, but I still think that in a single iteration you should just swerve. (also because I am a very timid driver and just let people pass if they seem to want to.)

In RPS IT IS CHAOS

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
If Team Right loses the moment Crow returns, then we will know who dragged them down.

• Locked thread