Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
At this point, with 11 out of 16 plays (L:6, R:5) being rock, one has to wonder if there is some sort of rock fetish at play here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Since every hand can be the last hand, I wonder if playing for a draw could be the actual winning strategy? Seems to me that no one would expect this, just one point from the end.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

nine-gear crow is pushing the envelope
That's putting it mildly. Although I do find it oddly convenient to have a plot twist like this. right before the LP is going to end.

Rock smashes Scissors, which cuts Paper, which in turn envelops Rock. That much we know. Question is, what move defeats Villainous Crow?

Perhaps both teams can throw some sort of RockPaperScissors fusion hand which trumps the Crow? An RPS-Megazord if you will.

Whatever happens next, we already know the true loser of the game.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

Covski posted:

All of these look very interesting, and I might very well consider making another LP in the Hand Games (and other assorted deceptively complex games) series!

Thing is, if I do another LP in the near future it's probably gonna be another game of RPS for the time being, since I've got that game figured out and I think it could have quite a bit more to give, entertainment-wise. It's something about the game being very easy to follow for a casual observer (unlike most other competitive LPs where you need a good understanding of the (often complicated) rules to be able to follow along with the reasoning and being able to see what is about to happen before the players do. Of course, another RPS game would have an official "no supervillainy allowed"-rule, to focus more on the pure game theory aspects.
Personally, I wouldn't run another game of RPS. It will never live up to the intensity of the first game.

Covski posted:

That said, I'd be interesting in trying out an asymmetrical variant, such as Rock-Paper-Scissors-Well where one move is objectively stronger than the others, just to see how that would play out. It could make for a very interesting game, given that both teams this time around seemed to treat rock as the *stronger* move, despite the fact that neither ever played scissors :iiam:
There may not have been a rock fetish at play like I first thought, but the rock move was definitely revered as a fetish by some players. :ms:

• Locked thread