Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Goons! I know the coaching carousel league used to be a staple of this sub-forum, but I'm wondering what kind of interest there'd be on Xbox 360 for giving it another go. I seriously miss playing in this league, so if we can drum up enough interest I may give it a restart. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'd love to come back to this. I'd have to buy NCAA 14 and another 360 though.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I'd love to come back to this. I'd have to buy NCAA 14 and another 360 though.

Me too, which I would do if we had enough interest to permit it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey guys!

I'm actually thinking of commishing a carousel league. Right now it's me and a couple other goons (Cletus and Dio). We'd love to have you two join our efforts.

E: Actually, there's 4 of us now.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 10, 2017

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, we've been going steady the whole time in ACC, did an SEC/PAC, then Big XII, with between 4-5 of us and then a few newcomers here and there. Mostly it has been ZSB, Cletus, John Brown and me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If anyone wants back into the ACC dynasty lemme know.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'll probably end up picking one up by the end of the week. You guys using Discord?

Also, join the Madden leagues

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 11, 2017

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I'll probably end up picking one up by the end of the week. You guys using Discord?

Also, join the Madden leagues

We're using GroupMe. Send me your GT and GroupMe email/username.

Madden sucks now or else I would

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
should use the TFF discord imo

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

We're using GroupMe. Send me your GT and GroupMe email/username.

Madden sucks now or else I would

My GT hasnt changed.. I guess this new username throws everything off lol. I'll pm you the stuff.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

My GT hasnt changed.. I guess this new username throws everything off lol. I'll pm you the stuff.

Good deal.

I've set up the dynasty so we're just logging in and choosing teams now. We have another dynasty (ACC) to keep us busy until you're ready to join.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious posted:

should use the TFF discord imo

we've already got most of the people in groupme and use it for the other leagues so it might be kind of hard to get the few non-SA people to shift over

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

League Info

Name: Carousel2017
PW: MerryGo

I'll create a thread this weekend.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'll have to dig up my 360. Also, I'll let mmorgan184 know this is happening. I'm in a madden sim league with him so I'll hit him up and let him know.

I'm not joining a goon madden league. I'm so accustomed to sim style play now that playing with goons would do nothing short of piss me off.

Obvious plug: Morg and I play madden here: http://simchampions.com/

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I've actually been thinking of adopting sim style. The only issue I have with it is not allowing HUNH, and if someone is trailing late at the end of the 3rd.

Let me see if I can get my hand on the rules and I'll modify them. We could also take a vote on HUNH, specifically.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

John Brown posted:

I've actually been thinking of adopting sim style. The only issue I have with it is not allowing HUNH, and if someone is trailing late at the end of the 3rd.

Let me see if I can get my hand on the rules and I'll modify them. We could also take a vote on HUNH, specifically.

What the hell is HUNH?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Hurry Up No Huddle.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Well sim rules for madden on that topic would probably be vastly different from the college game. It's a lot more prevalent at that level.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

whatspeakyou posted:

Well sim rules for madden on that topic would probably be vastly different from the college game. It's a lot more prevalent at that level.

I was never going to accept those rules at face-value anyway. Here's where I've landed with HUNH:

quote:

No Huddle is only allowed in the following situations.
- Any Quarter - Down 17, or one full drive per quarter
- 2nd Quarter - 2 min and under, or one full drive
- 3rd Quarter - Down 17, or one full drive
- 4th Quarter - Down Any Amount, or one full drive

Think this is enough freedom to not stop someone who thinks they're in a groove or has the opponent on the ropes, but also prevents anyone from running it 24/7. Also, we know games can get tight as early as midway through the 3rd quarter so I want to be flexible there and let the players play. We have to keep in mind that HUNH can also help someone who's winning to put the game away.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817213

I'll add more to it later.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I'm so glad you guys don't play madden with us

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oberst posted:

Same. Sounds like we're not missing out on anything

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Oberst posted:

John Brown posted:

Same. Sounds like we're not missing out on anything

Sim style leagues aren't for everyone. They require a lot more effort and stick skills, and it takes time. Although knocking it without trying it is pretty narrow minded. It generally comes down to two crowds: "I want to play video games" vs. "I want to play football". The former are basically okay with most things. The latter want their experience to be as close to actual football as possible.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 19, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao ok. I'm sure real football involves minutely restricting things like when you can go for it on fourth. It's in the NFL rule book page 486 sub section 27

Check this: you're making the game LESS realistic

Here's how a not insane autist handles this: guys, don't play unrealistically

Oberst
May 24, 2010

But yeah I definitely think the retards playing the mechanically broken and outdated gane for 4 years because ~madden sux~ know what they're talking about

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I just looked in yalls other thread to confirm the insanity and the DON'T RUN THE SAME PLAY FROM THE SAME SET MORE THAN TWICE is so dumb. Lmfao have yall ever seen a football game played? You run a play until the opponent can stop it. That's football. Man, yall gave me a good chuckle

I'm so mad they ran strong power three times for 8 ypc!!!!!

Still lol ing at limited no huddle in a college football game with realism as an excuse. Too funny

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 19, 2017

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Wow. You went from mild comment to giant spastic retard real quick. Why are you so butthurt over a thread you're not actively interested in, exactly? I tried the reasonable "hey different people enjoy the game differently" approach but you seem hell bent on going the "Everyone look at how big of a spastic piece of poo poo I can be because people don't agree with me" route. :golfclap:

Show me on the doll where John Madden touched you. I can't wait for the glorious anger-fueled 3 post response I'm about to get. You're right, I'm glad we don't play madden together. I pity whatever human beings have to put up with your infantile tantrums. Yes, we're the ones with autism. Try not to eye twitch too much while you're smashing your face on your keyboard jamming out your posts.

LIEK LMAO OK

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I don't know what is going on in here but it should stop.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know what is going on in here but it should stop.

Thank you.

In fact, you could close this one since there's another for the actual league.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

whatspeakyou posted:

Wow. You went from mild comment to giant spastic retard real quick. Why are you so butthurt over a thread you're not actively interested in, exactly? I tried the reasonable "hey different people enjoy the game differently" approach but you seem hell bent on going the "Everyone look at how big of a spastic piece of poo poo I can be because people don't agree with me" route. :golfclap:

Show me on the doll where John Madden touched you. I can't wait for the glorious anger-fueled 3 post response I'm about to get. You're right, I'm glad we don't play madden together. I pity whatever human beings have to put up with your infantile tantrums. Yes, we're the ones with autism. Try not to eye twitch too much while you're smashing your face on your keyboard jamming out your posts.

LIEK LMAO OK

Trolled bitch lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

John Brown posted:

Thank you.

In fact, you could close this one since there's another for the actual league.

Yes, let's.

• Locked thread