Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

X-O posted:

I imagine you'll be disappointed.

I was going to skip today because of the double up yesterday but I might be gone all day tomorrow so might as well throw one up before bed.

Day 20: The Reavers

With Logan coming out tomorrow here's another dump of multiple characters. The Reavers. I believe at least Donald Pierce is in the movie, if not others. I wouldn't expect to see a Bonebreaker looking like this though.

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't point out "Cyborg Dingo Dogs" under "Standard Weaponry"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kalli posted:

Personal Weaponry: A bunch of useless bullshit

Special Weaponry: He also carries a gun.

Gunning somebody down with a Glock just doesn't have that personal touch, you know?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Day 24: Midnight Sun

This is another character that I know I've read because I've read the Silver Surfer issues listed below. But I don't remember a single thing about him. He has metal discs on his hands and feet though. So that's a thing. A hat like that seems like a no-no for space travel though.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

X-O posted:

This is another character that I know I've read because I've read the Silver Surfer issues listed below. But I don't remember a single thing about him. He has metal discs on his hands and feet though. So that's a thing. A hat like that seems like a no-no for space travel though.

For some reason young me saw this in that handbook and started reading Silver Surfer. It was the blankness of the form plus the purple but also, for some terrible reason, it was the hat and cape.

Ron Lim art helped.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So he was originally a Shang-Chi nemesis with just martial arts and the cape and body stocking. The Kree cloned him after he died and gave him the hat and swim paddles.

Also his thing is that he's horribly scarred under that mask. They cloned the scarring too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i am curious as to what the thought process behind this was. did the kree only clone that one dead third-string human?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i am curious as to what the thought process behind this was. did the kree only clone that one dead third-string human?

"Supreme Intelligence! We need someone to fight the Silver Surfer! We have this guy who knows all martial arts in the galaxy and-"
"NO. WE MUST CLONE THE TERRAN MIDNIGHT."
"Who?"
"MIDNIGHT. HE IS THE SECOND MOST ACCOMPLISHED PRACTITIONER OF THE EARTH MARTIAL ART KUNG FU."
"Okay, but this guy knows that and he can shoot lasers."
"NO. MIDNIGHT IT MUST BE. ALSO, GLUE METAL PLATES TO HIS HANDS AND FEET."
"Okaaaaaay..."

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm a little surprised that in 1982 white people still thought Kung Fu was the name of a martial art school.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ferrule posted:

Ron Lim art helped.

As far as Marvel cosmic stories go, there's nothing that this doesn't help.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm a little surprised that in 1982 white people still thought Kung Fu was the name of a martial art school.

GI Joe had a lot to do with that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

HitTheTargets posted:

They still do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was this short story in the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu one-shot from a couple years back (the one with the hilarious Death Race story written by Hickman) where cosmic mute disc Midnight fought against and ultimately reconciled with Shang Chi. :unsmith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, he isn't dead? the inexplicable kree space clone of a guy who died in his first appearance somehow managed to survive all this time?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

Looks like crime noir Mister Miracle.

The Trump: How many villains have tried to blind Daredevil?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, he isn't dead? the inexplicable kree space clone of a guy who died in his first appearance somehow managed to survive all this time?

It was a flashback story, so who knows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Missed a day, but to make up for I'm giving you the best looking design in the Marvel Handbook by far.

Day 25: Mongoose

Created by The High Evolutionary, this Rikki Tikki Tavi wannabe from Wundagore has battled all the greats like Thor, Spider-Man, and of course Thunderstrike.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This guy seems slumming it for the High Evolutionary having already created Man-Beast, the creature with the brain of a man a million years into the future and the powers of a wolf a million years in the future as well as the knowledge of the next million years of martial arts training.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mongoose is only Class 10? For some reason I thought he was in Thor's range (maybe because he was fighting Thor). But I guess that might be weird, for a character modeled after a fast animal to have such strength.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mongoose looks like the lovechild of Wolverine and Sabertooth, and not in a good way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Odonata posted:

Mongoose looks like the lovechild of Wolverine and Sabertooth, and not in a good way.

He's what happens if they do the fusion dance wrong.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

X-O posted:

Just reading Silver Surfer 200--Norrin and Spidey are fighting some beasties that keep forming themselves into their greatest fears, wearing the faces of foes past.

And lookee who's down there at the bottom, right up alongside Terrax the Tamer and the High Evolutionary

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Day 26: Earth-Lord

Here's another Thor character that I don't really remember at all. His helmet is giving me Juggernaut from X3 vibes though and that's not a good thing. Actually everything about him is giving me Juggernaut from X3 vibes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gets big because Earth is a weird power.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Tom DeFalco created quite a few "ho-hum" villains in the early days of his Thor run.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He must get tired of having to explain that his name is because of his powers and not because he's an arrogant/delusional fool who thinks he's master of the whole planet. I would expect that for a villain but he sounds like a good guy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
current group membership: new york city

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they made him Egyptian related when he's an obvious take on the Greek mythological figure Antaeus. His mother was Gaia so he couldn't be defeated while touching the ground. So Hercules kills him by picking him up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of weird that they made him Egyptian related when he's an obvious take on the Greek mythological figure Antaeus. His mother was Gaia so he couldn't be defeated while touching the ground. So Hercules kills him by picking him up.

Maybe he was Ptolemy era infusion.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I remember this whole storyline and how weird I thought it was at the time, since I was a big mythology nerd as a kid, that the Marvel version of Set was named Seth for some reason.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Seth is quite an old transliteration, but I have a few mid-century mythology books that use it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Seth is quite an old transliteration, but I have a few mid-century mythology books that use it.

I've seen it in quite a few places. Most recently it's actually what they use in the Shin Megami Tensei game series.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Lobok posted:

He must get tired of having to explain that his name is because of his powers and not because he's an arrogant/delusional fool who thinks he's master of the whole planet. I would expect that for a villain but he sounds like a good guy?

Reminds me of Earth Man from Geoff Johns' LoSH run. I think in his case it wasn't that he wanted to rule Earth, he was just a racist dickhead that wanted to remind people of how great humans are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Day 27: 8-Ball

I, uh, got nothing on this one.

I mean, he's got a Pool Cue for a weapon and travels in a Hover-Rack, which is exactly what it sounds like. I mean what can even be said?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That guy loving rules.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just love the look of hyper-detailed jacked muscles with the pool ball on top. An 8-pack with an 8-ball.

But yeah, I love commitment to a bit. Pool cue weapon, Hover-Rack? Perfect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not a one of us will ever be as dedicated to something in our lives as that man is to being a pool ball.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

That guy loving rules.

Yeah, pretty much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that sure is a sleepwalker villain. if he is still alive he should team up with the orb.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Orb, Mysterio, Ruby Thursday, any other sphere headed people I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
"Does this guy with an 8 ball for a head have any distinguishing features?"
"Nope."

• Locked thread