Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Those are some pretty lovely replacement limbs if they can only be operated via-psionics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Endless Mike posted:

That's not a limitation of the time, that's Liefeld being a garbage artist.

It's better than what he someone similar would do, which is just put in a gradient.

As for "Shatty don't" guy, the rest of the males on the team were Cannonball, Rictor, and Sunspot, but that guy looks way bigger than any of them (and doesn't like nigh-invulnerable when he's blastin'). It might be Cable and the letterer put the bubble's tail going to the wrong person.

But it can't be Cable because Cable told him to kill Masque so the real answer is "the 90's". Most of the team is missing in that last panel, too. That might be Domino crouching down but theres no Wolfsbane or Sunspot or anyone so maybe it was some dumb crossover.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I love that period of time where the Marvel editorial mandate was "Wolverine is popular; All new characters now require Knife-Hands™"

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

X-O posted:

Day 24: Midnight Sun

This is another character that I know I've read because I've read the Silver Surfer issues listed below. But I don't remember a single thing about him. He has metal discs on his hands and feet though. So that's a thing. A hat like that seems like a no-no for space travel though.

For some reason young me saw this in that handbook and started reading Silver Surfer. It was the blankness of the form plus the purple but also, for some terrible reason, it was the hat and cape.

Ron Lim art helped.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm a little surprised that in 1982 white people still thought Kung Fu was the name of a martial art school.

GI Joe had a lot to do with that.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lobok posted:

Brings up a good question: who actually has good first non-origin villains? Iron Man fought an extra-terrestrial caveman. Thor fought extra-terrestrial rock men. Spider-Man's first villain is the Chameleon, I suppose.

The X-Men fight Magneto right away, which is awesome. Or can nobody ever top Captain America punching Hitler.

Mole-Man.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
And yet that's not the same Frog-Man form the Spider-Man comics.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
(attacked by Pip the Troll, changed to salt)

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

redbackground posted:

Correct. I forget the details but he has a device that pops up a giant pixel skull scrambler over his face so the FutureCops don't know who he is.

This is the only thing I remember of the character.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

X-O posted:

I'm pretty sure she's been swept under the rug her cape as I've not see her around for a long time.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Gatecrasher is awesome. All those Davis villains in that Excalibur run are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
How many Marvel heroes & villains have that hair?

• Locked thread