Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Re the Collector design above, why does Marvel rely so much on humanoid like profiles for their alien people? Outside of newer stuff like the recent runs of the Fantastic Four and Foundation, and books like Annihilation, it seems like a serial lack of imagination. It isn't Star Trek, there should be no bounds on what they could think up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Day 29: Thunderstrike

The greatest of all superheroes maybe? Eric Masterson is obviously the best Thor ever that wasn't a frog or alien horse looking dude. I'm sure there's no argument on that. The only thing that would have made Thunderstrike better was if he had the little mask like he did when was Thor. The same one Jane has now.

quote:

Thor #421 gave up custody of his son to wife

The hell are these comics? That sounds awesome.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

I know that was the MO for that series but as best I remember/can see from a quick search they just arrested/maimed/destroyed ("revamped" in Ellis speak) Jack Flag, American Eagle, and Steel Spider.

Frog-Man (II) and Spider-Kid were briefly a team-up in 1980s Spider-Man comics, as a couple of nerdy goofs that wanted to show up Spider-Man.

In Thunderbolts Spider-Kid was now Steel Spider, a hard-drinking rebel fighting the SHRA. He got a scene of being a cool badass who could hold his own with some of the Thunderbolts, then Venom ate most of him.

American Eagle actually ended kicking everyone's rear end. It was great.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Nightbatmanhawk is conspicuously absent from that lineup. Did they want to avoid confusion with the 616 Nighthawk? (aka the only OG Squadron Sinister member that ever went sort of anywhere)

Hyperion was great recently in Avengers, like post humanist Superman.

edit:

Lightning Lord posted:

I've never been sure if Valentino was trying to make fun of the 90s xtreme stuff through his work (this and Shadowhawk too) or if he was just trying to make an enjoyable version of it, kind of like what that recent Bloodstrike revamp was.

Holy poo poo Shadowhawk.

quote:

Later in his career (and as his lifespan shortened due to the progression of HIV to AIDS), Johnstone eventually grew to be less violent. He encounters Trencher and his dispatcher Phoebe; who agrees to assist him in his search for a cure to his infection or another way to extend his life. This led to encounters with the likes of [2] Youngblood's Chapel (another hero also infected with HIV), Bloodstrike and Shadowhawk team-up with each other in the hopes of finding a cure, he then teams up with the WildC.A.T.s. (who offered a possible solution involving a robotic body to transplant Johnstone's consciousness into - which would ultimately fail to work),

That guy deserves a thread. Imagine just pages upon pages of spreads of a guy in metallic chrome yelling about having AIDs. I mean it was kind of awesome.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread