Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This is a funny thread and I hope it keeps going.

I was reading The Marvel Encyclopedia (or one of those books) recently and one of the main things that cracked me up was the preponderance of buccaneer boots in character designs. It's like Captain America rocked them first and then after that they were almost mandatory, especially with villains.

I guess what I'm saying is post a character that has buccaneer boots for no discernible reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

X-O posted:

Day 18: Null The Living Darkness

Here's another one that I'm not really that familiar with at all. I guess it showed up in some old Defenders comics that I never read. Seems like a basic monster design.

I think I just killed this fucker in Resident Evil 7 last night.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

X-O posted:

Day 40: Punisher 2099

Subtle.

I think I'm going to adopt the template pose they settled on and try to stand that way whenever I can remember to.

"Who me? Just waiting in line at the checkout line standing there with my hands inverted and lifting my coat to show my rear end. What's the problem?"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Jim Shooter was such a rube.

Agreed but you have to admit there was a lot of really great stuff coming out from Marvel when he was Editor in Chief. Daredevil, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, New Mutants and...um...

Actually never mind cause that's about it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

What do you remember the 90s being like...

Lots of cross hatching.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Wasn't the Blue Shield a character in Astro City?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Selachian posted:

No, that was the Blue Knight.

Ah, yes. But if memory serves, they looked pretty similar. I can see how I got them confused.

Can I post one? One of the first comics I remember reading was an issue of Fantastic Four where Ben was basically trying to score a "goal" against a villain who was pretty much an intergalactic "space goalie". His name was "Gaard" and apparently his only job was to "gaard" a goal in outer space from a puck (mcguffin) that Ben had for reasons.

I don't think he ever appeared again or had any powers besides being a hockey goalie. Here's Gaard, gaarding his hockey net:

https://universaldork.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/gaard.jpg

HitTheTargets posted:

When I was 14 or whatever and heard about Watchmen for the first time, I thought Dr. Manhattan's powers only worked in Manhattan.

And also only when he's practicing medicine. Dude makes sick bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

goatface posted:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Storm_(Earth-721)

Four issues apparently, two in '75, two in '95.

What am I supposed to be gleaning here?

• Locked thread