Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mover
Jun 30, 2008

There's a huge hole on Unlimited of pretty much all of the original 2099 stuff, which is too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

X-O posted:

Day 24: Midnight Sun

This is another character that I know I've read because I've read the Silver Surfer issues listed below. But I don't remember a single thing about him. He has metal discs on his hands and feet though. So that's a thing. A hat like that seems like a no-no for space travel though.

Just reading Silver Surfer 200--Norrin and Spidey are fighting some beasties that keep forming themselves into their greatest fears, wearing the faces of foes past.

And lookee who's down there at the bottom, right up alongside Terrax the Tamer and the High Evolutionary

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I think Hate-Monger actually looked interesting and intimidating in his first appearance

This is 1961, and here you have a villain who isn't built like a typical comic book character, he's solidly built and slouchy. He's wearing dirty looking armor and combat boots when everyone else is still in their original jumpsuits. The tunic and hood are ragged and ill fitting.

The pose with the flames and barbed wire helps for sure, but the way they present him here does a lot more for the character then the broad daylight posing in the handbooks imo.

All that being said you could really sum up his aesthetic as KKK Dr Doom.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The Spot's been cool since the 90s Spider-Man cartoon imo

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Peter Quinn, cousin twice-removed of Peter Quill

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The touch of one boot heals...the other...destroys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Finally an answer to the question: what if scarecrow and the shadow hosed?

• Locked thread