Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

What's the deal with Cancer I? Are the inexplicable crab claw hands made of razor-sharp adamantium? Do they shoot lasers? Can he talk to crabs?

If his deal is simply "guy with crab hands," I'm going to be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

major enemies:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

major enemies: (former) thanos

when does anyone ever stop being thanos' enemy?

when does anyone ever stop being thanos' enemy?

When they die. Dude loves skeletons.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

X-O posted:

I haven't read today's yet, but he was in the issue a couple weeks ago too. Just barely though. Of course it's someone like Zdarsky that not only knows about him but brings him back.

8-Ball has pretty much turned into the find of the thread. And the fact that he's back like a week or two after being posted is a weird cosmic coincidence. Obviously some kind of divine intervention.

Whatever you say, Chip.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

That was like, one thought bubble in one issue.

But wasn't it one of the first issues?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

X-O posted:

Day 63: Thin Man

I know basically what's on this entry and nothing more. I think his profile picture there is fairly hilarious though. Just don't call him Flat Man. I assume he hates that.

Flat Man, meanwhile, thinks it's a lovely compliment.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

Man, I don't want this cool-rear end thread to turn into a Byrne derail, but this reminds me of the weird tendency we have to judge people by the Worst Things They've Done - if someone starts out lovely and grows as a person, there are always going to be people who never let them forget it, and if someone starts out great and then devolves into a crank or a weirdo or a shithead, then their past good works invariably get viewed through a poo poo-smeared lens.

Byrne was definitely going Weird Places in his life by the time he took the reins on Avengers West Coast, but his work on X-Men, FF, and (yeah, I'll say it) Alpha Flight was really good. I also really liked Sensational She-Hulk, which he was putting out around the same time as AWC and, arguably, was as fun and female-friendly a comic as you'd find at that time.

How does BSS not already have a thread dedicated to Byrne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Hey, debuting in Dazzler puts Blue Shield in the company of luminaries such as Terror Tank, Beefer, Doctor Sax, Johnny Guitar, Roman Nekoboh (whose name is Hoboken Namor backwards for some reason), the Outriders (Stomper, Chunk, and Mama), and uh... yeah, actually Blue Shield is somehow the breakout star of that run.

Please note: Beefer is not to be confused with Beef, a wholly separate Marvel character with a similarly stupid name and likewise forgettable existence.

• Locked thread