Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TripleU
Jun 25, 2013
In the Gruenwald Cap run, there were some backup stories about Battle Star getting kidnapped and depowered, but eventually breaking out of Power Broker's dungeon and repowering himself to break everyone else out. But I don't think anyone remembers Battle Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TripleU
Jun 25, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

Also TripleU come on, Lurdiak and I explicitly mention Battlestar (ex-BUCkies, Bold Urban Commandos) in the posts directly above yours, I even specifically mention the story you cited.

I ain't got my glasses on but I ain't see it -- just mentions of Left-Winger and Right-Winger. My bad! Loving this thread, regardless.

TripleU
Jun 25, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I actually kind of love that about Nighthawk; he tries so hard to turn the Defenders into a legit superhero team, and it never works.

Lurdiak posted:

What I like about Nighthawk is that he's a guy who tries really hard to be a superhero but deep down he's more of an accountant or a CEO. But darn it, he really wants to be Batman!

Nighthawk's dad was the CEO of some Big Pharma company, too, wasn't he? That would be an interesting take -- the rich boy who became Batman Lite because he could, since he never had to work & had a ton of money. He's trying to make his mark on the world by building a superhero team but deep down he's a staid, corporate type and dealing with the kinds of people who'd fall into superheroics isn't really his deal. I think you guys figured out a way to make non-Straczynzski Nighthawk worth reading!

TripleU
Jun 25, 2013

Soonmot posted:

Was he in the... I forget the mini, but it was all the cosmic heavy hitters, The Annihilators? You had Nova, Ronan, a Space Knight and I forget the rest, but that's when Wendell Vaughn came back most recently? It dealt with some stuff at Project PEGASUS and I want to say I remember Blue Shield from there.

I think that was the Abnett/Lanning Nova series. I think that's also where they showed Blue Shield had quit doing security for Project: Pegasus and the new head of security was Darkhawk. (I know it's actually P.E.G.A.S.U.S but that just looks weird to me.)

• Locked thread