Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Now the TSR published Marvel Superheroes RPG had OFFICIAL Marvel Handbooks too! They didn't have all the characters in full color art of course, but let's see what it did look like, shall we?

The Chief Examiner why the hell they ported this one to a pencil and paper RPG I'll never know.

This character actually makes the most sense to port to a PnP RPG to me. His powerset lets him create any kind of weird trap, dungeon, or plot railroad; there's an in-story reason for it, so the DM doesn't have to write an actual cohesive narrative; and he doesn't speak, so the DM doesn't have to bother coming up with characterization or dialogue or anything like that. It's like the perfect "lazy DM wants to throw something together at the last minute" tool.

Also, IGNORE ME!

Ponsonby Britt fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006

X-O posted:

The Thumb Of DOOOOOOOOM

I never knew that context before and it makes this sequence even better:

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006

quote:

Current occupation: Nihilist, destroyer

Nihilist sounds like a sweet job. Just sit around all day and do nothing. Of course, the pay is probably nothing too.

Also I feel like the backstory of this character design is "the artist originally drew a beholder, but then legal made them change it just enough to avoid copyright infringement."

• Locked thread