Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

evergreen sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

hi has anyone posted that 'eric s raymond' is an anagram for 'racism yonder'?

:eyepop:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

nobody loves raymond

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sweevo posted:

nobody loves raymond

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

nobody loves raymond

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
eric's larp resume is one of my favorite copy/pastes for whenever i see anyone on the internet discus pen and paper RPGs

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
being a wizard is for nerds that desperately want to be genius ubermensch while being a barbarian/warrior is for nerds that desperately want to be tough guys?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
gravel pit

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

eric's larp resume is one of my favorite copy/pastes for whenever i see anyone on the internet discus pen and paper RPGs
i love that he will be a part of your larp but only if he gets to be the main character and also he has to win in the end otherwise forget it

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FMguru posted:

i love that he will be a part of your larp but only if he gets to be the main character and also he has to win in the end otherwise forget it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

PCjr sidecar posted:

evergreen sig

sigs made with gimp, of gimps, by gimps, for gimps

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my larp character needs to be louder and angrier than all the other characters plus he should have access to a time machine

if there a scene where my larp character isnt present, all the other characters should be audibly asking "where is esr's character?"

furthermore,

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if i am not made the center of attention, i will be a mopey shithead and ruin the game for everyone else

George
Nov 27, 2004

FMguru posted:

i love that he will be a part of your software project but only if he gets to be the main character and also he has to win in the end otherwise forget it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

if i am not made the center of attention, i will be a mopey shithead and ruin the game for everyone else

we were taking about his larp demands, not his open source behavior

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

PCjr sidecar posted:

2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
IT'S THE UNIX TIME SHARING SYSTEM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE AUTHOR, DOUG MCILROY. I FOLLOW EVERY PRINCIPLE AND I FOLLOW IT HARD, MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I CREATE A PIPELINE OR EVEN WHEN I SEG FAULT. NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY USED THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED OPERATING SYSTEM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD TO PEOPLE ON MY MAILING LISTS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT SOFTWARE ENGINEERS CAN STILL BE UNENLIGHTENED JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE GIT SUBCOMMANDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PROJECTS MORE ACTIVE BY USING EM ALL

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 23, 2017

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gazpacho posted:

IT'S THE UNIX TIME SHARING SYSTEM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE AUTHOR, DOUG MCILROY. I FOLLOW EVERY PRINCIPLE AND I FOLLOW IT HARD, MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I CREATE A PIPELINE OR EVEN WHEN I SEG FAULT. NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY USED THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED OPERATING SYSTEM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD TO PEOPLE ON MY MAILING LISTS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT SOFTWARE ENGINEERS CAN STILL BE UNENLIGHTENED JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE GIT SUBCOMMANDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PROJECTS MORE ACTIVE BY USING EM ALL

oh my god how many mods do we need to change this to the yospos title?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sagebrush posted:

the original docs were boring so we made a complex manpage-to-HTML transcoding solution

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

JawnV6 posted:

the original docs were boring so we made a complex manpage-to-HTML transcoding solution
this doesn't seem like such an unreasonable thing to do, would you rather maintain this file or this one

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think you'll find my code is self documenting :smug:

George
Nov 27, 2004

lancemantis posted:

i think you'll find my code is self documenting :smug:

yeah the jokes write themselves

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

George posted:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

George posted:

jesus christ

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

George posted:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Gazpacho posted:

this doesn't seem like such an unreasonable thing to do, would you rather maintain this file or this one
idk how much of a priority id make it given there were 4 changes over the last 5 years and it hasn't been touched in 2?

i certainly wouldn't go on and on about how "Millsian," the living human whom I'd aggressively forked it away from, the existing docs were and condescendingly bring up SPOT

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

George posted:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

George posted:

where was this comeback when i really needed it, drat

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

quote:

But I have a very, very discriminating ear (the kind you find in pro studio engineers and really serious audiophiles) that among other things effortlessly separates parts in multilayered instrumentation. When I was in bands I was the guy who could always hear when somebody was a quarter-tone off tune. When I remember music I remember it with details others often barely notice, like pick-scrape noises in the guitar solos.

( http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7391 )

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
he really is just the epitome of That Nerd

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

god he's insufferable

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

god he's insufferable

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

fritz posted:

quote:

But I have a very, very discriminating ear (the kind you find in pro studio engineers and really serious audiophiles) that among other things effortlessly separates parts in multilayered instrumentation. When I was in bands I was the guy who could always hear when somebody was a quarter-tone off tune. When I remember music I remember it with details others often barely notice, like pick-scrape noises in the guitar solos.

Love those acoustic guitar solos :rolleyes:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
what music do you think esr listens to

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the sound of his own voice while jerking off in e flat

George
Nov 27, 2004

if only his nose worked half as well

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

A Pinball Wizard posted:

everything but rap and country

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
whats nice about the Prussian blue girls is they grew up to be anti-racists iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

lancemantis posted:

whats nice about the Prussian blue girls is they grew up to be anti-racists iirc

anti-racist potheads

• Locked thread