Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

power botton posted:

did he like never sell his stock or anything? like how is he broke. he'll be the first to tell you how modest and good with money he is.

va linux stock tanked in less than a year and never recovered. esr was probably not allowed to sell his shares that early. either way he apparently went down with the ship

but if you ask him i assume he'll blame obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

i'm kinda curious how he thinks the aca wrecked his wife's legal career

my first guess: she didn't want to tell him the real reason she got fired and knew if she blamed it on obama he'd believe it without reservation

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Gazpacho posted:

from raymond's partner in time crime

https://binaryredneck.net/2010/09/11/hacker-culture-not-optional/

i'm completely indifferent to everything on that list as are my co-workers, yet somehow we manage to make software?

if esr knew the meaning of "refactor" instead of "wumpus" he might be a tiny bit less useless

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Suspicious posted:

how does an uberlibertarian even end up believing in free software? strongly compartmentalized thinking?

wife who used to have a well paying job

all of a sudden patreon aint just for sjws anymore (its also for worthless hacks)

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

god he's insufferable

• Locked thread