Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

power botton posted:

did he like never sell his stock or anything? like how is he broke. he'll be the first to tell you how modest and good with money he is.

IIRC he was given stock options that didn't mature for 6 months or a year or whatever, and va linux stock tanked before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
"gently caress." is indeed the correct response when esr announces he's started paying attention to a mailing list again. ;)

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

surprised esr was able to keep a lid on his racism around the black dude

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

fritz posted:

quote:

But I have a very, very discriminating ear (the kind you find in pro studio engineers and really serious audiophiles) that among other things effortlessly separates parts in multilayered instrumentation. When I was in bands I was the guy who could always hear when somebody was a quarter-tone off tune. When I remember music I remember it with details others often barely notice, like pick-scrape noises in the guitar solos.

Love those acoustic guitar solos :rolleyes:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
"🎵
I know what the hackers are thinking tonight
As home through the cyberspace they wander
Everyone smiling in secret delight
They stare at catb.org and ponder
Whatever the mailing list blows this way
You can almost hear everyone say

I wonder what esr is doing tonight?
What merriment is esr pursuing tonight?
The ideas in /esr/writings, they never burned as bright
I wonder what esr is up to tonight?
🎵"

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
what a bunch of insufferable people

and LOL @ an overweight person like Susan Sons teaching a martial arts session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

i still want to know what's the "hard way" of finding out that someone is a feminist

i assume it involves acting like a total rear end in a top hat and getting called out for it

he probably hit on her, got turned down, and probably assumed the reason she didn't respond well was because of feminism and not because she just wasn't interested and/or didn't care for his PUA poo poo.

Gazpacho posted:

i don't care if his definition of "unsafe" is silly. throwing the same inflammatory language back at him, in public view, is irresponsible & not conducive to desired outcomes

LOL it's obvious she didn't mean that someone should physically harm him, but you go right on ahead white knighting for esr

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 7, 2017

• Locked thread