Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Reminder that Tony Topaz cyberbullied Veronica re: her ethnicity.

I just shared that image with Sex Archie's Twitter and I'll be damned if they didn't spin it into gold.

https://twitter.com/sex_archie/status/839609314490843136

(Pinterest Mom: if you grabbed that screen I'll be happy to make sure you get credited if you want. Wasn't thinking when I tweeted them, I apologize.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I did but also don't require credit for going to Netflix and screenshotting something~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am going to come out and say I stand strongly against the woods cult theory in that it will dilute the surprise when Sabrina shows up and does magic.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I did but also don't require credit for going to Netflix and screenshotting something~

Well gently caress me, I know what I am doing at the office Friday instead of working.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well gently caress me, I know what I am doing at the office Friday instead of working.

Yeah, we get next-day episodes on Netflix because none of the real networks picked it up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, we get next-day episodes on Netflix because none of the real networks picked it up.

But it means I can binge it whenever I want.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Netflix is pretty good about CW in general in other countries. The 100 has the same deal here in Canadia.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

esperterra posted:

Netflix is pretty good about CW in general in other countries. The 100 has the same deal here in Canadia.

And yet we can't get Arrow, Flash, or Legends of Tomorrow, since they air on CTV.

Supergirl we get, though. And now iZombie. I'd say it's a mixed bag.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, the CW rights being split is a little annoying, but I don't mind the DC stuff being mostly on CTV. Arrow is old enough to have been grabbed up by CTV before Netflix really started doing much in terms of day and date or day after broadcast rights here. Makes sense CTV would want to keep all the stuff that does crossovers under one umbrella.

I also don't watch those shows so not much loss for me, personally.

e: what I want most is for older CW stuff to pop up on Netflix Canada more often.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

That poo poo is on crave tho along with agents of shield.

And crave is worth getting for Letterkenny alone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

That poo poo is on crave tho along with agents of shield.

And crave is worth getting for Letterkenny alone.

I'm not going to encourage the cable companies and their ridiculous notion that they should all have their own streaming services. I watch what I can on the networks' websites the day after broadcast, then watch what's on Netflix. Anything that isn't covered by those two venues gets streamed guilt-free.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Phylodox posted:

I hope the show goes as balls-to-the-wall crazy as the comics. But, like, so gradually that, by season seven, we're not even phased that the main plot involves Jon Bernthal's Frank Castle fighting off the Predator while Sabrina desperately tries to undo her soul-switching spell that's got everyone in the wrong bodies.

Watch for a new pin on Jughead's hat.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Picked up the Riverdale One Shot comic today, and whiles there's nothing earth shattering in it, there were a few neat details. Spoiler just in case:

Riverdale is apparently along the Hudson River, so the show takes place in New York State. Oddly enough Archie headquarters is also in upstate New York, but isn't in the Hudson Valley area.

Betty spent the summer interning in LA for Hello Giggles. She had a brief fling with a guy named Rad Brad, and found out about Polly and Jason on July 5th.

Archie got his guitar from his dad for his 16th birthday. The rest of his story was just showing things we already knew.

Hiram Lodge appears as basically a younger Latino version of how he looks in the comics. TBF the characters don't really resemble their show counterparts too much so I wouldn't put too much stock in this. Also he was arrested on July 4th.

Veronica had a best friend named Camilla in NYC. Cute.

Jughead pretty much ran the drive-in by himself.

One of the Serpents mentions to Jughead that his dad "doesn't give a poo poo about you. Denny was the one he cared about" no idea how that could refer too.

Archie didn't just ditch Jughead on the 4th, he was also a huge dick about it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Edmund Lava posted:

Picked up the Riverdale One Shot comic today, and whiles there's nothing earth shattering in it, there were a few neat details. Spoiler just in case:

One of the Serpents mentions to Jughead that his dad "doesn't give a poo poo about you. Denny was the one he cared about" no idea how that could refer too.

Maybe his sister?

Also I keep forgetting that Betty was away on a summer internship - during the whole Polly flashback I was wondering "Shouldn't her sister hear this whole kicking-and-screaming routine?" I guess Toni Morrison isn't doing readings at Pop's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rad Brad???

TMNT CROSSOVER!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe his sister?

According to Wikipedia, his sister's name is Forsythia. I doubt they kept that for the show, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Phylodox posted:

According to Wikipedia, his sister's name is Forsythia. I doubt they kept that for the show, though.

Some people really want their children to hate them.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Edmund Lava posted:

Betty spent the summer interning in LA for Hello Giggles. She had a brief fling with a guy named Rad Brad, and found out about Polly and Jason on July 5th.

How does that work? Didn't Betty have an intense secret crush on Archie before the show started?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Edmund Lava posted:

Jughead pretty much ran the drive-in by himself.

You forgot to mention that he finally eats a hamburger.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

And More posted:

How does that work? Didn't Betty have an intense secret crush on Archie before the show started?

She hit it and quit it.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She hit it and quit it.

I really understand this character a lot better now. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh Jughead, she's just not that into you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does this town just have one place to eat or what?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It's called set construction and it's very expensive, so they tend not to do it very much.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes but they do inexplicably have a nightclub.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, Alcoholic Sad Dad is somehow even worse than Alcoholic rear end in a top hat Dad. Assholes you can at least hate.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Saturday's podcast is just going to be Grant and Alaina sobbing for an hour. drat, what an episode.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Saturday's podcast is just going to be Grant and Alaina sobbing for an hour. drat, what an episode.

What is this in reference to? Google isn't being very helpful here.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I like how Fred Andrews keeps doing shady poo poo for the sake of Archie. Letting Ms Grundy go seemed out of nowhere at the time, but his realization that Alice was trying to hurt his kid really made him switch gears to "protect Archie's reputation". We got to see a bit more of that with his willingness to shaft FP for the business/his family and then forging documents to put Jughead in the clear.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Much like Pawnee had to have the Snakehole Lounge, Riverdale needs a place that caters to...some ill-defined sliver of the population.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They're somewhere in the Hudson Valley so they probably went into NYC for the night. Josie has mentioned winning Rockland county's battle of the bands and that's just a little more than an hour into the city by train.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

THF13 posted:

They're somewhere in the Hudson Valley so they probably went into NYC for the night. Josie has mentioned winning Rockland county's battle of the bands and that's just a little more than an hour into the city by train.

But Josie threatened the club owner by saying her mother was the mayor, so I'm guessing it's Riverdale's one club, just like Pop's is their one restaurant. No NYC club owner would give a poo poo about something like that.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Edmund Lava posted:

They're the married couple that does Sex Archie, and they're huge Jughead fans. The reveal that Jughead was living in the drive-in broke their hearts, and for the last couple of episodes, Alaina was angrily demanding to know where Jughead was living.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Exactly one, I assume.

Edmund Lava posted:

Sex Archie, a very good podcast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, did this episode confirm that Jughead is literally his given name? That's what's written in his police file. It's really weird. His dad is called FP which obviously stands for Forsythe Pendelton II, so what is going on there? Did Jughead make some kind of vow to never use his real name until he can respect his dad?

That would be cheesiest thing:
"I am so proud of you dad." "And I am proud of you Jughead." "Please dad, my name is Forsythe, just like yours."

Also weird: Archie is somewhat involved in the plot again.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 10, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, is Jughead, like, living in the school newspaper room?

Boom, called it.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The episode made it sound like Jughead and Jellybean are the kids legal names. He also mentioned Jellybean going by JB, which would be odd if she had another legal name.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Report card has the real name.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Then why would the police file have the fake name? That's a weird level of incompetence by the police. But it's cool to see that this ridiculous name is already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

It happened when Jughead was a kid, so he wouldn't have had ID on him and he was probably being a dick to the cop and gave them his nickname instead?

And I think it says Name and Address of Next of Kin Unknown here, so I can picture kid Jughead giving the bare minimum of information. I wouldn't want them tracking down my dad to come down to the station if I were him either.

• Locked thread