Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
???
OVER
UNDER
Roses are red
Steve Bannon's a Nazi
Donald J Trumpf
Did a Benghazi
View Results

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
This thread is for speculation about if/when either or both Trump and Steve Bannon are removed from their positions because they are literal r-bombs who can't stop loving up every three seconds

I am setting the over/under at 1 year from election day 2016. A vote for over means both Trump and Bannon have their jobs still on November 9th 2017. A vote for under means one or both of them are out.

Me? I think we're getting 8 fucken years of this shite but [extremely goldblum voice] lols....lols find a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol if you think they're in a position bad enough to get fired anytime soon. the gop are a bunch of cucks and dont want to admit fault so trump will never be impeached and therefore neither will bannon leave

embrace nazi america

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

embrace nazi america

i'm sorry, did i say "embrace nazi america"? i meant "punch nazi america in the face".

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

imo we're gonna have 12 more benghazis and the russiacucks will excuse it each time while the military's patience with going along with whatever trump wants goes down the shitter

to the point where when civil war finally happens they'll have only sisterfucker pigs, sisterfuckers, and sisterfuckers dishonorably discharged from the military for rape charges willing to fight for them

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

"punch nazi america in the face".

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i'm still softly lollin 2 myself every so often because of the poem i wrote in the poll

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
i'm going for under. because if I don't go for under what hope is there in this world.

also very loose definition of losing their jobs. a lot else could happen. like nuclear war, that counts.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

drumpf

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I didn't read the op before voting, but if I had I'd vote over. As in the only was we'll get rid of one of these ghouls is over Trump's dead body.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Here's my guess from november. Still in play.

Acelerion posted:

My guess is that after a constant string of incompetent fuckups, he eventually gets a little too close to starting a serious war.

He will be impeached over whatever happens to be convenient, probably using federal resources for revenge or business.

Comedy parlay: he refuses to go and evokes the military to protect him. After a 4 day standoff he eventually surrenders.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pollyanna posted:

i'm sorry, did i say "embrace nazi america"? i meant "punch nazi america in the face".

in french, embrasse can mean gently caress

gently caress these nazis fucks they can gently caress right off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4j8xpiomb0

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Republicans want to get reelected. They abandoned Bush in 2006 when it became clear that nobody loving liked him and he was poison. Trump already has a really bad favorability rating and it keeps going down because he keeps loving up. Extrapolate how lovely this presidency is and then multiply it by 12 and you have where we'll be at a year from now. Republicans are going to wash their hands of Trump.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Republicans want to get reelected. They abandoned Bush in 2006 when it became clear that nobody loving liked him and he was poison. Trump already has a really bad favorability rating and it keeps going down because he keeps loving up. Extrapolate how lovely this presidency is and then multiply it by 12 and you have where we'll be at a year from now. Republicans are going to wash their hands of Trump.
they (mostly bannon) still have an out even after that and it's called "calling a favor from daddy putin to lethally suppress all dissenting voices"

and even then the chances of a hilariously ironic nuremberg court leading to their collective death by firing squad after china bulldozes moscow and putin drinks ten doses of polonium while it's being bulldozed not happening are so, so slim

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
all i know is they're taking us with them

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

they (mostly bannon) still have an out even after that and it's called "calling a favor from daddy putin to lethally suppress all dissenting voices"

and even then the chances of a hilariously ironic nuremberg court leading to their collective death by firing squad after china bulldozes moscow and putin drinks ten doses of polonium while it's being bulldozed not happening are so, so slim

there's no way

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump switches his party affiliation to Democrat to save his presidency

Like Scrooge at the end of A Christmas Carol

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

wait, putin is going to polonium every congressperson who rejects trump?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i mean can you imagine the absolutely loving pathetic looks they'll give at gunpoint in front of a bunch of german army reservists as the entire republican senate plus manchin get fed to the live target range

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Feb 11, 2017

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
:twisted:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fidel Castronaut posted:

wait, putin is going to polonium every congressperson who rejects trump?
i meant more how hitler shot himself after things went to poo poo
if you meant the other thing, the GOP's out is literally calling for russian troops to kill american civilians and servicemembers who are not compliant, causing civil war 2/ww3

as you have noticed that sentence parses really badly btw, it should be read as this

and even then the chances of a hilariously ironic nuremberg court leading to their collective death by firing squad
(after china bulldozes moscow and putin drinks ten doses of polonium while it's being bulldozed)
not happening are so, so slim

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 16:54 on Feb 11, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Trump will definitely still be in office by then. Only way I see him getting outed before the 2020 election is if the Dems make huge gains in Congress (gaining control over one if not both halves) AND Trump does something so out of line that it becomes impossible to ignore or handwave away.

Bannon is probably a softer target (especially if Congress is going to be the ones to do it) but I'm sure Trump is convinced that he can't function without Bannon, or is convinced that Bannon will turn Breitbart and the alt-right against the Trump WH if Trump "betrays" him like that.

Ultimately I think that for the Republicans, being in power and projecting a unified party, even with an idiot baby as the face of the party, is better than not being in power and not having that unity. If the GOP is smart they'll have someone behind the scenes figuring out how many Trump voters are rank-and-file Republicans/Clinton-haters, and how many are true redhat believers.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I'm looking forward to 8 years of our lord and master Donald J Trump

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

Trump will definitely still be in office by then. Only way I see him getting outed before the 2020 election is if the Dems make huge gains in Congress (gaining control over one if not both halves) AND Trump does something so out of line that it becomes impossible to ignore or handwave away.

Bannon is probably a softer target (especially if Congress is going to be the ones to do it) but I'm sure Trump is convinced that he can't function without Bannon, or is convinced that Bannon will turn Breitbart and the alt-right against the Trump WH if Trump "betrays" him like that.

Ultimately I think that for the Republicans, being in power and projecting a unified party, even with an idiot baby as the face of the party, is better than not being in power and not having that unity. If the GOP is smart they'll have someone behind the scenes figuring out how many Trump voters are rank-and-file Republicans/Clinton-haters, and how many are true redhat believers.

the real wild card situation is that trump is an obese 70 year old man on big macs and fried chicken and amphetamines and he sleeps 4 hours a night and all day every day correctly feels like most of the world fucken hates him lamo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
that poo poo is no bueno para salud

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

we are going to eat poo poo and we are going to die, op

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
we are going to get four years of Trump and Bannon and if the dems can field a candidate that people actually want then we hahahahaha no we're hosed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also autocorrect turned Bannon into baboon lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

crazy cloud posted:

the real wild card situation is that trump is an obese 70 year old man on big macs and fried chicken and amphetamines and he sleeps 4 hours a night and all day every day correctly feels like most of the world fucken hates him lamo

Fair, I was only considering forced removal from office. But I'm also sure that if he's in danger of dying he'll have the best medical help he can acquire because his whole image is built on being this strong tough guy and only losers die while being president or something. I also think that if his health starts to fail a lot of the day-to-day stuff that doesn't show up on camera will be pushed onto Pence, which I'm sure no one in Congress will mind.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

voting over but only based on politics and not biology (as mentioned above, trump is a 70 year old granpa with a soft pudding alzheimer's brain who is living on 4 hours sleep a night and eating a steady diet of amphetamines and fast food and burned-to-poo poo steaks while working the most stressful job in the world and hating every moment of it)

I think trump and bannon will both hang around until 2019 at least if only because it will take a little bit of time for the dogshit policies the GOP wants to implement to take effect and then they'll all use trump as a scapegoat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i find it funny that not only did bannon stick himself into a position he has no reason for being on but that he demoted a bunch of generals at the same time

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i find it funny that not only did bannon stick himself into a position he has no reason for being on but that he demoted a bunch of generals at the same time

no big deal

2 more senior service members take themselves out of the running for army secretary that's also just normal stuff

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Not only will it be over, Trump will win 2020 due to major voter suppression and election fraud.

2020 will also be the last real Presidential election in America.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Trump won't run in 2020 if he still hates the job

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Why would he still hate the job? A year from now he'll be enjoying all the perks while his buddy Steve who always helps him out takes care of the hard and boring stuff.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Bannon will start a war or attempt a coup before he leaves power. This guy is for real.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Bannon is literally there to start the apocalyptic war he thinks is inevitable, and he's already laying the groundwork.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Bannon is literally there to start the apocalyptic war he thinks is inevitable, and he's already laying the groundwork.

And he is doing so because he belives a perfect hierarchical society ruled by White Catholic Elites will rise from the ashes. He's a huge fan of the Dark Enlightenment and Neoreactionary movements. Hates egalitarianism and democracy for allowing gays and blacks and punk rockers to exist. None of this is speculation, he's very open about his beliefs.

The New York Times just published a great article about how he's making everyone in the White House read and follow the writings of fascist icon Julius Evola.

quote:

It viewed humanism, the Renaissance, the Protestant Reformation and the French Revolution all as historical disasters that took man further away from a transcendental perennial truth.

Changing the system, Evola argued, was “not a question of contesting and polemicizing, but of blowing everything up.”

Evola’s ideal order, Professor Drake wrote, was based on “hierarchy, caste, monarchy, race, myth, religion and ritual.”

Sound familiar to anybody?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bannon is dangerous as hell but he's also a delusional idiot who's in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he lasts the year because he's pissing too many people off

Bannon's Muslim ban was a massive trainwreck in execution that Trump is getting serious heat for, Trump is already mad at him for slipping random poo poo into his EOs like the NSC thing, and he's getting super angry at this "President Bannon" narrative taking hold. If the inevitable Rosie O'Donnell SNL sketch goes viral, then Bannon is done

Trump himself will probably serve one (and only one) full term in office. I can't see impeachment happening unless Dems make huge gains in 2018 and enough congressional Republicans view Trump as too much of a liability to defend. Impeachment would be a nuclear option because the GOP knows that the base would eat them alive and Mike Pence would be a universally hated lame duck president that would get swiftly booted out in 2020

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

here's the buzzfeed article that nyt cited. it has the full transcript, which is a more interesting read than the nyt article, because even in full context bannon's remarks are troubling

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.rhv47KrLA#.wap1wrBOz

overall, despite the bannon word salad and strangely conflicting views, it's hard to escape the feeling that he's a straight up fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

Bannon is dangerous as hell but he's also a delusional idiot who's in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he lasts the year because he's pissing too many people off

Who is he pissing off that matters? Where on earth is this idea coming from? I get that he's pissing YOU off, but he's doing an A+ job for the Republican party. Preibus and Bannon are basically performing a loving best buddy giggling schoolgirl routine right now, including finishing each other's sentences.

Mitch McConnell has a "high level of satisfaction" with how the administration is going so far.

Bannon is more entrenched and more powerful than ever before. I think there's a leftist confirmation bias thing going on here. You know he's so loving beyond the pale, so you think "surely they MUST be getting tired of him too." I wish. He's getting stronger. His appointment to the NSC is going completely unchallenged by anyone with the power to change it. He's de facto directing all national security policy.

Plus candidates for Army Secretary keep quitting as soon as they get wind of his plans. Bannon is just getting started.

the black husserl has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Feb 11, 2017

• Locked thread