Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
???
OVER
UNDER
Roses are red
Steve Bannon's a Nazi
Donald J Trumpf
Did a Benghazi
View Results

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gridlocked posted:

Voted Bannon's a Nazi but I'll take an under bet.

the poll is multiple choice

you fool

you absolute rube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gridlocked posted:

Voted Bannon's a Nazi but I'll take an under bet.

taking the under on how much of a Nazi bannon is? well OK it's your money

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

crazy cloud posted:

Me? I think we're getting 8 fucken years of this shite but [extremely goldblum voice] lols....lols find a way

This will easily turn into two terms

If you thought bush getting reelected was depressing, then you better strap in for 2020

At least we'll have great protest signs about hindsight or whatever who cares

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

My Linux Rig posted:

This will easily turn into two terms

If you thought bush getting reelected was depressing, then you better strap in for 2020

At least we'll have great protest signs about hindsight or whatever who cares

a non-trivial portion of tangerine pissbaby's voter bloc are folks that legitimately want to give the middle finger to the imaginary liberals that they've been conditioned to hate, even if doing so ruins their quality of life as well.

"sure I don't have a job and I'm dying from a completely preventable medical illness, but I'll be damned if those gay marriage abortion immigrants are going to have it better than me!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Freaking Crumbum posted:

a non-trivial portion of tangerine pissbaby's voter bloc are folks that legitimately want to give the middle finger to the imaginary liberals that they've been conditioned to hate, even if doing so ruins their quality of life as well.

"sure I don't have a job and I'm dying from a completely preventable medical illness, but I'll be damned if those gay marriage abortion immigrants are going to have it better than me!"

going to be too dead to vote in four years, problem solved

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
tromp will solve the jobs problem and extortionate health insurance by passing policies that lead to a faster death of millions of old people kicked off a gutted Medicare system

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Ok, what if this is all a plot by Paul Ryan to get Pence and Trump to resign so that he can become president Gerald Ford style?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

twoday posted:

Ok, what if this is all a plot by Paul Ryan to get Pence and Trump to resign so that he can become president Gerald Ford style?

It's actually some 9th dimensional chess by the dems to get Sec of Agriculture to the white house, who is a dem so insignificant his Wikipedia page is all of 6 lines.

twoday
May 4, 2005

He owns a farm in Smyrna, Delaware.

Smyrna in Russian is Смирна.

С мирна means "with peaceful" (intentions?)

:tinfoil:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why didn't any of this nonsense come out before he was elected if its been going on during Trump's whole campaign?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Because Paul Ryan and the Republican leadership conspired for it to happen this way so that Trump and Pence would be quickly dethroned, and Ryan could become president without having to waste time running for office again that could be better spent coming up with plots to dismantle Medicare and such. I said it a few posts ago, pay attention.

Edit: No, not really. Maybe. Who knows? Let's see how this drama unfolds.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOvO3xfqJ5I

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Top City Homo posted:

tromp will solve the jobs problem and extortionate health insurance by passing policies that lead to a faster death of millions of old people kicked off a gutted Medicare system

*that one old guy in the company who knows COBOL dies*

*50 year old servers all crash at once*

*economy collapses and world turns into a blasted Mad Max hellscape*

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

why didn't any of this nonsense come out before he was elected if its been going on during Trump's whole campaign?

this kind of poo poo was coming out all throughout trump's campaign

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Chokes McGee posted:

inshalla

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chokes McGee posted:

hahaha ahhhhhhhhhhh

you joke but this is literally what will happen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pollyanna posted:

hahaha ahhhhhhhhhhh

you joke but this is literally what will happen.

lmbo you thought I was joking

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

it would be for the better, honestly

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

I Lust For Computer Death

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it would be for the better, honestly

I sure hope you've stocked up on hot pockets and asthma meds, just in
case

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

this kind of poo poo was coming out all throughout trump's campaign

butter emails

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
he's not gonna last the year because

- he can't put together a working executive branch, because nobody sane and competent will come work for him, and he's purging even the existing ones that might be willing to hunker down to keep their jobs and keep things running

- he has no coherent foreign policy other than what falls out of the trump family dealing with foreign governments to enrich themselves, and sooner or later even republicans will start to notice how much US influence is waning globally, and will learn that this is in fact a problem, because you can't retreat behind an ocean and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist anymore, particularly when your major corporations are largely owned by foreigners

- his public approval is hosed and will get more hosed the more literal nazi ideas he implements, because most americans actually DO still think the nazis were BAD, even among the magahats

- i still believe the mainstream republican plan, if there is one, is to use this opportunity to rush through all the cuts to the social safety nets and give the superwealthy whatever tax breaks are still left to give, then try to paint trump as the scapegoat, and the goat sacrifice is probably not that far off, because it turns out nobody actually wants obamacare repealed, as the republicans are finding to their horror, with their town halls suddenly filled with angry mobs asking them serious questions they have no answers for

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Duscat posted:

- he can't put together a working executive branch, because nobody sane and competent will come work for him, and he's purging even the existing ones that might be willing to hunker down to keep their jobs and keep things running

- he has no coherent foreign policy other than what falls out of the trump family dealing with foreign governments to enrich themselves, and sooner or later even republicans will start to notice how much US influence is waning globally, and will learn that this is in fact a problem, because you can't retreat behind an ocean and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist anymore, particularly when your major corporations are largely owned by foreigners

- his public approval is hosed and will get more hosed the more literal nazi ideas he implements, because most americans actually DO still think the nazis were BAD, even among the magahats

- i still believe the mainstream republican plan, if there is one, is to use this opportunity to rush through all the cuts to the social safety nets and give the superwealthy whatever tax breaks are still left to give, then try to paint trump as the scapegoat, and the goat sacrifice is probably not that far off, because it turns out nobody actually wants obamacare repealed, as the republicans are finding to their horror, with their town halls suddenly filled with angry mobs asking them serious questions they have no answers for

...so what does Trump do after he gets impeached and removed?

They need to pay him off extremely well so that he goes quietly like Nixon

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

EugeneJ posted:

if Trump were to be impeached, it would most likely be after he becomes so toxic and hated that having his support would become a liability. Trump would not go quietly but any impeachment scenario would not include Trump having much sway in the court of public opinion anymore

for the record, I do think that impeachment is possible at the rate things are going. it wouldn't be a gradual loss of GOP support, just things getting worse and worse until the party cuts their losses and waits for a convenient scandal to abandon him en masse in favor of Pence

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

just the promise of a pardon for him and his family would be a very generous payoff, given what's already fairly certain public knowledge about his dealings

he hasn't been in power for nearly long enough, nor shown nearly enough strength and competence, to start arresting senators and congressmen, which is what he'd have to do to stay in power if seriously threatened with impeachment

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Couldn't congress just resolve that he's unfit to serve?

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-the-president-becomes-mentally-unfit-while-in-office

quote:

The Twenty Fifth Amendment provides a framework for the President to step down or be removed from office.

Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Chokes McGee posted:

*whiz kids recruited to get rid of dinosaur JCL and re-write old server start-up procs in jquery or some poo poo*

*system of record for entire company is destroyed irrecoverably*

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
trump's approval rating is higher than congress' and yet they get reelected like 90% or more of the time

lollin' at desperate liberals thinking anything trump does will have an impact on the midterm elections

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

*whiz kids recruited to get rid of dinosaur JCL and re-write old server start-up procs in jquery or some poo poo*

*system of record for entire company is destroyed irrecoverably*

jquery :wtc:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!

Relin posted:

trump's approval rating is higher than congress' and yet they get reelected like 90% or more of the time

lollin' at desperate liberals thinking anything trump does will have an impact on the midterm elections

thing is, that's congress as a whole; everyone is like 'the only good congressman is my congressman' and votes for them again

doesn't work so much with trump

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gobbagool posted:

I sure hope you've stocked up on hot pockets and asthma meds, just in
case
is that your plan for your trust fund? pretty sound, except for when the electricity runs out

Hodgepodge posted:

thing is, that's congress as a whole; everyone is like 'the only good congressman is my congressman' and votes for them again

doesn't work so much with trump
well, it's congress that ultimately decides whether trump goes or not, so...

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Duscat posted:

I don't think Congress would impeach for any of these reasons. The Republicans can't scapegoat someone who's more popular than they are. As bad as Trump's favorability ratings are right now, many leadership Republicans - as well as the Republican party as a whole - have even lower ratings. Trump's job approval and favorability are both at 45%...but neither Ryan (43%) nor McConnell (22%) nor the Republican party as a whole (36%) are in any position to attack him until they figure out how to work the Trump magic on their own. Not only is McConnell the most popular senator in the country, but he's also unpopular even in his own state. As for Ryan, I'd be shocked if he didn't have presidential ambitions. Neither one is going to risk incurring the risk of potentially angering the base by impeaching Trump.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't think Congress would impeach for any of these reasons. The Republicans can't scapegoat someone who's more popular than they are. As bad as Trump's favorability ratings are right now, many leadership Republicans - as well as the Republican party as a whole - have even lower ratings. Trump's job approval and favorability are both at 45%...but neither Ryan (43%) nor McConnell (22%) nor the Republican party as a whole (36%) are in any position to attack him until they figure out how to work the Trump magic on their own. Not only is McConnell the most popular senator in the country, but he's also unpopular even in his own state. As for Ryan, I'd be shocked if he didn't have presidential ambitions. Neither one is going to risk incurring the risk of potentially angering the base by impeaching Trump.

A party composed entirely of cucks and cowards :lol:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Good thing they control the government!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
if Republican voters wanted a standard generic Republican they would have voted for one in the primaries, or in the election

a terrible orange piss man stomped the entire field of Republican up-and-comers, and they took the lesson to heart as they lined up to beg for his favor and apologize for all the mean things they said about him

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Turns out the racist, anti-democratic, and ultimately wannabe fascist GOP was actually acting as a somewhat safe release valve for a huge portion of the American electorate who are full-blown fascists.

Oops.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Wheeee posted:

Turns out the racist, anti-democratic, and ultimately wannabe fascist GOP was actually acting as a somewhat safe release valve for a huge portion of the American electorate who are full-blown fascists.

Oops.

Outright fascists are only like 10-15% of the total population at most, if you go by Trump's floor during the primaries, and while that's too high it's not ridiculous either. If you look at Greece elections, the 2010 I think, the Golden Dawn seized 10% of the vote for parliament (or whatever dumb system of governance they have :lol:) and they are 100% nazi saluting madmen. Like there's a baseline for fascism in any population and crises and phases of decline draw it out like Gandalf drew Saruman out of Theod-King but it's bad instead of good.

It's probably like a third of Trump supporters are garbage fascists, a third are desperate GOPers who want to cling to power at all costs and a third of people who just shrug and do whatever.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Fascists long for an all powerful state that manages and structures their private lives. Diehard Trump supporters just want a traditional police state that beats up undesirables and silences liberal-know-it-alls. In fascist regimes you get up on the weekend and go march around in a uniform. That's way more effort than any American these days wants to put into civic activities.

Only way you could get the Trumpstaffel marching like that would be if you let them do it in their Rascal scooters.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
bump for the fbi raiding the gop fundraising office over mitch mcconell's and tea party's ties to russian money lmaoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I honestly dont know if he will get kicked out or not but i doubt his bullshit can last. its gently caress up crisis and gently caress up and he has no wins under his belt except the election and the fact that a lovely awful health bill got passed the house and will either die in the senate or be passed and there will be blood in the streets. a dude posted this in one of the trump threads and i think he is right.

The Glumslinger posted:

i do want people to remember that Nixon and his entire crew would have almost certainly skated on past Watergate if deepthroat hadn't leaked the info. And deepthroat wasnt just some schmoe at the FBI, he was the loving deputy director of the FBI at the time. And back then the FBI was insanely on Nixon's side, far more than they are right now. If the investigation gets squashed, fbi agents are going to leak their findings.

FBI agents arent loving robots, if they feel bad poo poo is happening, it will likely leak. Hell, we should be more aware of this than ever considering the current environment. They probably are willing to put up with more poo poo than most of us, but conventions are breaking down, and all of these leaks are just another symptom of the decay, but if we are lucky, they might be able to help cure it.

i think comeys sacking especially how poorly planned and done it was, will cause leaks.

• Locked thread