Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
???
OVER
UNDER
Roses are red
Steve Bannon's a Nazi
Donald J Trumpf
Did a Benghazi
View Results

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Trump will definitely still be in office by then. Only way I see him getting outed before the 2020 election is if the Dems make huge gains in Congress (gaining control over one if not both halves) AND Trump does something so out of line that it becomes impossible to ignore or handwave away.

Bannon is probably a softer target (especially if Congress is going to be the ones to do it) but I'm sure Trump is convinced that he can't function without Bannon, or is convinced that Bannon will turn Breitbart and the alt-right against the Trump WH if Trump "betrays" him like that.

Ultimately I think that for the Republicans, being in power and projecting a unified party, even with an idiot baby as the face of the party, is better than not being in power and not having that unity. If the GOP is smart they'll have someone behind the scenes figuring out how many Trump voters are rank-and-file Republicans/Clinton-haters, and how many are true redhat believers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

crazy cloud posted:

the real wild card situation is that trump is an obese 70 year old man on big macs and fried chicken and amphetamines and he sleeps 4 hours a night and all day every day correctly feels like most of the world fucken hates him lamo

Fair, I was only considering forced removal from office. But I'm also sure that if he's in danger of dying he'll have the best medical help he can acquire because his whole image is built on being this strong tough guy and only losers die while being president or something. I also think that if his health starts to fail a lot of the day-to-day stuff that doesn't show up on camera will be pushed onto Pence, which I'm sure no one in Congress will mind.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I said it in the main Trump thread but at this point I think Trump will actually last a full term barring his actual death, but so many people around him are going to get burnt to poo poo. By the end he's going to be sitting alone in the White House, and our best-case scenario of "The Trump WH just doesn't do anything" from right after the election will actually pan out. If Trump can be caught on mic talking about molesting women, and the OTHER guy on the tape loses his job, then I have to think that things will just keep getting deflected into the people around him.

crazy cloud posted:

bump for the fbi raiding the gop fundraising office over mitch mcconell's and tea party's ties to russian money lmaoooo

Case in point (and wishful thinking), the FBI does a retaliatory raid against Trump but might actually find more dirt on McConnell instead. I actually didn't know his name had come up in that raid :lol:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Good news for you then, he will serve a four-year presidential term unless his terrible health habits catch up to him. A lot of the people around him will be gone by then though, whether voluntary or involuntarily, and he will suffer the worst defeat by an incumbent president, maybe incumbent politician anywhere, on his way out the door. Congress won't do poo poo about him and even if the Dems win enough Congressional influence to actually get legal impeachment rolling, there will be enough Republican true believers in DC who will fight to the last to keep him in office, because they don't want to become the party that had multiple presidencies end because of horribly corrupt, illegal, and incompetent behavior. Ideology/brand before country, etc.

The caveat to all of this, of course, is that trying to predict the future is a fool's errand, especially in this timeline. Nothing will happen until 2018 at the very earliest and even then I think he'd have to do something blatantly illegal while in office (even if it's tied to Russia). I want to say that the more competent people around him will keep him on a short enough leash for that not to happen but as we've seen in the last few months, fuckin good luck trying to keep him under control.

• Locked thread