Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
???
OVER
UNDER
Roses are red
Steve Bannon's a Nazi
Donald J Trumpf
Did a Benghazi
View Results

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bannon is dangerous as hell but he's also a delusional idiot who's in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he lasts the year because he's pissing too many people off

Bannon's Muslim ban was a massive trainwreck in execution that Trump is getting serious heat for, Trump is already mad at him for slipping random poo poo into his EOs like the NSC thing, and he's getting super angry at this "President Bannon" narrative taking hold. If the inevitable Rosie O'Donnell SNL sketch goes viral, then Bannon is done

Trump himself will probably serve one (and only one) full term in office. I can't see impeachment happening unless Dems make huge gains in 2018 and enough congressional Republicans view Trump as too much of a liability to defend. Impeachment would be a nuclear option because the GOP knows that the base would eat them alive and Mike Pence would be a universally hated lame duck president that would get swiftly booted out in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

TheBalor posted:

Why is Trump getting knocked out considered a good thing? Then we'd be to president Mike "boy I sure hate gays" Pence. If we're going to be in the darkest timeline, I'd prefer the living embodiment of what the left hates to GW Bush II.

Mike Pence would probably be worse in a context-free void, but Mike Pence being a pariah lame duck president trying to salvage the flaming wreckage of a Trump administration would be funny as hell

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

EugeneJ posted:

...so what does Trump do after he gets impeached and removed?

They need to pay him off extremely well so that he goes quietly like Nixon

if Trump were to be impeached, it would most likely be after he becomes so toxic and hated that having his support would become a liability. Trump would not go quietly but any impeachment scenario would not include Trump having much sway in the court of public opinion anymore

for the record, I do think that impeachment is possible at the rate things are going. it wouldn't be a gradual loss of GOP support, just things getting worse and worse until the party cuts their losses and waits for a convenient scandal to abandon him en masse in favor of Pence

• Locked thread