Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
???
OVER
UNDER
Roses are red
Steve Bannon's a Nazi
Donald J Trumpf
Did a Benghazi
View Results

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Bannon will start a war or attempt a coup before he leaves power. This guy is for real.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Bannon is literally there to start the apocalyptic war he thinks is inevitable, and he's already laying the groundwork.

And he is doing so because he belives a perfect hierarchical society ruled by White Catholic Elites will rise from the ashes. He's a huge fan of the Dark Enlightenment and Neoreactionary movements. Hates egalitarianism and democracy for allowing gays and blacks and punk rockers to exist. None of this is speculation, he's very open about his beliefs.

The New York Times just published a great article about how he's making everyone in the White House read and follow the writings of fascist icon Julius Evola.

quote:

It viewed humanism, the Renaissance, the Protestant Reformation and the French Revolution all as historical disasters that took man further away from a transcendental perennial truth.

Changing the system, Evola argued, was “not a question of contesting and polemicizing, but of blowing everything up.”

Evola’s ideal order, Professor Drake wrote, was based on “hierarchy, caste, monarchy, race, myth, religion and ritual.”

Sound familiar to anybody?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

Bannon is dangerous as hell but he's also a delusional idiot who's in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he lasts the year because he's pissing too many people off

Who is he pissing off that matters? Where on earth is this idea coming from? I get that he's pissing YOU off, but he's doing an A+ job for the Republican party. Preibus and Bannon are basically performing a loving best buddy giggling schoolgirl routine right now, including finishing each other's sentences.

Mitch McConnell has a "high level of satisfaction" with how the administration is going so far.

Bannon is more entrenched and more powerful than ever before. I think there's a leftist confirmation bias thing going on here. You know he's so loving beyond the pale, so you think "surely they MUST be getting tired of him too." I wish. He's getting stronger. His appointment to the NSC is going completely unchallenged by anyone with the power to change it. He's de facto directing all national security policy.

Plus candidates for Army Secretary keep quitting as soon as they get wind of his plans. Bannon is just getting started.

the black husserl has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Feb 11, 2017

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

*sniffs the air*

*wrinkles nose*

theres piss in the wind...

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Top City Homo posted:

we are all going to die in the Piss Tape Wars

"Grandpa.....were you a hero during the war?"

No. But I pissed on a company of heroes.

• Locked thread