Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
First President since Kennedy not to take a salary IIRC. Maybe you guys should stop being so mean to him and recognize he gave up a lot to Make America Great Again.

Also, anyone know if he and his family are actually 'enriching' themselves off the office, or is that fake news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I hope Trump continues to emulate the kennedy presidency OP

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Michael Corleone posted:

Also, anyone know if he and his family are actually 'enriching' themselves off the office, or is that fake news?

Depends on how it makes you feel to read, OP.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

I hope Trump continues to emulate the kennedy presidency OP

im going to disagree and say we should not go back into vietnam

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

jarofpiss posted:

im going to disagree and say we should not go back into vietnam
it is essential that we stop the spread of communism in indochina

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

wizard on a water slide posted:

Depends on how it makes you feel to read, OP.

It makes me feel bad.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

It makes me feel bad.

yes

when he was president elect he made a bunch of deals with people that would be illegal if he was president at the time but its cool because he claims jared kushner and co are going to run that poo poo for him the moment it becomes illegal and that he would do a big conference explaining why hes not breaking the law. the conference was indefinitely postponed and the news stories were buried by all the other poo poo that happened.

the president is yelling at nordstrom on twitter so theyll undo their decision to get rid of ivanka trumps clothing line after they noticed in january its sales had decreased by 26% for some reason. so hes only using the office to avoid un-enrichment for someone who is not him. unfortunately kellyanne conway broke the law when she went on network tv and literally said hi im doing a commercial for ivanka im gonna buy her clothing go buy it, twice.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

you get what you pay for ahah

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's funny Trump's trying to enrich himself like a penny-ante con-man but no one wants his poo poo anyway. Every building with his name is desperately trying to rebrand if they're allowed, and his apartments are bleeding residents.

Trump Tower is going to a ghost town as leases end and no one's renewing.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Thundercracker posted:

It's funny Trump's trying to enrich himself like a penny-ante con-man but no one wants his poo poo anyway. Every building with his name is desperately trying to rebrand if they're allowed, and his apartments are bleeding residents.

Trump Tower is going to a ghost town as leases end and no one's renewing.

It's gonna be cool when it turns into the building from The Raid or Dredd

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
yes, Trump will make America great again, bring high paying jobs back to the rust belt, bring law and order to our burning inner cities, has divested himself of all financial interests, plans to protect the lgbtq community, while protecting us from terror attacks through the force of his solid military leadership as commander in chief, all while protecting Medicaid, Medicare, and the best parts of the Affordable Care Act

Mexico will pay for the wall, the Muslim ban is actually a travel ban that protects us from terrorists and only potential terrorists have been harmed or deported during it's institution, all of Trump's cabinet picks are the best of the best and thoroughly represent the interests of the little guy

yes, it's true OP, Trump is the best president we have seen since John F. Kennedy

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Feb 13, 2017

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit
I mean, he's costing us millions of dollars in added protection costs because he and his family refuse to move into the White House, but hey, at least he isn't taking a four hundred thousand dollar salary.

Incidentally, apparently the last two weeks of vacationing at Mar-a-lago have been trashing palm beach businesses. If it looks like this is going to be a regular thing, I wonder if they'll ask him to stop coming.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/11/palm-beach-businesses-cost-trump-mar-a-lago

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

BedBuglet posted:

I mean, he's costing us millions of dollars in added protection costs because he and his family refuse to move into the White House, but hey, at least he isn't taking a four hundred thousand dollar salary.

Incidentally, apparently the last two weeks of vacationing at Mar-a-lago have been trashing palm beach businesses. If it looks like this is going to be a regular thing, I wonder if they'll ask him to stop coming.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/11/palm-beach-businesses-cost-trump-mar-a-lago

how else is he going to ruin their property value enough so he can buy them?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

michael bloomberg had a salary of $1 as mayor of New York and he made it worse

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Michael Corleone posted:

First President since Kennedy not to take a salary IIRC. Maybe you guys should stop being so mean to him and recognize he gave up a lot to Make America Great Again.

but liberals told me he's hitler and Hillary Clinton is the one who would bring honesty and integrity back to the white house!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mr President posted:

but liberals told me he's hitler and Hillary Clinton is the one who would bring honesty and integrity back to the white house!

fake news Sad!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BedBuglet posted:

lol trump's mere presence brings financial ruin upon everything he goes near

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Yinlock posted:

lol trump's mere presence brings financial ruin upon everything he goes near

please do not say anything that could be re-interpreted as a metal lyric about trump

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
He's doing it for free and we're STILL overpaying... heyo! I mean, I've heard you get what you pay for, but THIS is ridiculous! Fess up, which one of you ordered up a Super Sized Quarter Pounder W/Rape meal, because, heh, I didn't sign up to pay for THAT! Am I right, folks?

*father yells down into basement to be quiet, I become so so quiet*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

He's doing it for free and we're STILL overpaying... heyo! I mean, I've heard you get what you pay for, but THIS is ridiculous! Fess up, which one of you ordered up a Super Sized Quarter Pounder W/Rape meal, because, heh, I didn't sign up to pay for THAT! Am I right, folks?

what

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

:discourse:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He's actually doing it for a shitload of money because we're paying him a lot to stay at his own hotels and increase his own wealth.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

lol

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

his first loving move was to double membership fees at his club to a cool 200 thousand american dollars

then he started asking his club buddies for advice on cabinet appointments

i'd say charging people for access to control of the us gov isn't "fake news"

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
The super rich have controlled America's government since 1776, stop acting like this is anything new

At least Trump is putting pressure on his rich buddies to stop outsourcing all the loving jobs which Obama did nothing about besides talking about "training for the [nonexistent] jobs of the future"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trumpenproletariat posted:

The super rich have controlled America's government since 1776, stop acting like this is anything new

At least Trump is putting pressure on his rich buddies to stop outsourcing all the loving jobs which Obama did nothing about besides talking about "training for the [nonexistent] jobs of the future"

lmao like he promised to build the stupid pipeline with us steel then immediately turned tail on that

sure whatever helps you sleep, bud.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

shiksa posted:

lmao like he promised to build the stupid pipeline with us steel then immediately turned tail on that

i for my part, can't sleep, i will never sleep

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

That's what happens when you're woke as gently caress

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
trumpy cumpy dumpy plumpy gumpy

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

if you don't sleep, you won't rise again

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumpenproletariat posted:

At least Trump is putting pressure on his rich buddies to stop outsourcing all the loving jobs
no he isn't

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Big Fat Iguana posted:

That's what happens when you're woke as gently caress

now, don't tell anyone...

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Obama was pushing the TPP until his literal last day in office allowing Trump to come along and make a big show of destroying it with an executive order, giving him at least a day of looking like a hero to ordinary americans.

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

shiksa posted:

i usually use drugs to help me sleep which i can now buy with money from the new job I acquired under Trump instead of the imaginary drugs that I had a theoretical right to under Obamacare but there was a bajillion dollah deductible

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
what's that 19% chunk of rosneft worth, 11 billion dollars by some current valuation, lots more if he can kill off all alternative energy proposals in the US and keep boosting the carbon bubble

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Duscat posted:

what's that 19% chunk of rosneft worth, 11 billion dollars by some current valuation, lots more if he can kill off all alternative energy proposals in the US and keep boosting the carbon bubble

Nah, whoever's got that stake is trying to use an alternative energy = racism tact. Can't see Trump trying to convince people to oppose things by saying they're racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

actually comma trade is quite good for job creation

• Locked thread