Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Birthright, for the record, was written by a different team. Revelation was written by the same contractors who did the supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

Unfortunately, the final product only affects enemies...

To be fair, I don't think they could do the "promotion toggle" gimmick for player units in the same game as a "branching promotions" mechanic. For one thing, they'd have to keep track of your units' base classes, plus the class you want them to promote to (unless you want to randomly find yourself in the OTHER promotion for your base class, and thus quite possibly helpless depending on your equipment setup and class combinations- a prime example being if a Strategist wound up as a Maid), PLUS your level, and probably a half-dozen other things on top of all that. Much more practical to just make it ignore your guys.

Granted, there are a ridiculous number of things wrong with Fates, but I feel that this particular gimmick only effecting enemies is not one of them due purely to that "practicality" thing.

Anyway, I'm honestly a bit surprised that Corrine thought to leave a note before wandering off alone, since she hasn't shown herself to be smart enough to do that sort of thing before. I mean, the "wandering off alone" thing is par for the course, but this is not the sort of story where anyone has backup plans.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
He is just so salty that we didn't completely trust him. I mean, apparently that was the only way he could stay a real boy, so I kind of get it.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Glazius posted:

He is just so salty that we didn't completely trust him. I mean, apparently that was the only way he could stay a real boy, so I kind of get it.

That always amuses me, how angry he is that we weren't, for some out-of-character reason, completely fooled.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Voting's done, Ryoma and Reina are the choices I did not expect.

Niles, Hayato, and Jakob were tied for last so I'm deciding ALL OF THEM are now gone forever.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Man I forgot how much I hate Revelation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone wanted Sophie to be a flier, so she's now a Wyvern Lord. This also makes her gimmick on taking care of Avel more out of place.

Or maybe the horse is now just a wyvern.

Whatever magic transformed Anthony is all over these ruins. It's extremely dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if it started changing the other enemies, too.

Only thing to add is that enemies only demote/promote after their turn. So baiting enemies into the blue tile won't prevent them from attacking at their highest class. Just a tip before you bait five Swordmasters.

I'm going to be honest, the class gimmick is kinda not that interesting in practice. If you take out the gimmick, it's just a bunch of cubes with very scattered enemy placements. And the blue just makes the enemies easier to kill, since fighting them on a red doesn't change what we've been doing so far.

Bait with Shiro/Selkie/Corrine, kill demoted enemies, repeat, repeat, repeat...zzzz....

Oooh, another Shining Bow. Gonna merge that to boost Nina's power.

A Swordmaster pops up on the right, the first of many reinforcements that show up. But they spawn so far away at times, that it doesn't really add much.

Nina opens up the chest on the middle left, which contained some Boots. I already gave a pair to Velouria since she doesn't have range options.

Maybe Nina will eat one, to feed the eater of chests.

I wonder why the decision was to completely blanket out enemy skills

I mean, clearly they still had the data from the Conquest paralogues. It's not like adding just Poison Strike would've broke the world or anything. Having either Lunge or Poison Strike wouldn't be the biggest pain in the world, it's having both that kills units.

Was the Before Awakening DLC made by the Conquest team? Or was it simply a matter of time that prevented it?

Oh, I guess here's Anthony. Bulky, has that annoying freeze skill, and he moves if you get in his room. This is actually annoying because it's a Kill Boss room, and I want those treasure chets.

The top chest had a Barb Shuriken. The bottom left chest is the S rank axe Arugelmir. Yeah, Revelation's throwing an S rank or two every mission now. I can maybe get one S rank ready with enough Arm Scroll buys.

Anthony's worthless Faceless butt kills himself on Dwyer despite me trying my best to avoid it. Oh well, the bottom chest was only a Master Seal so it could've been worse.

You're lucky that Anny sucks at map design.

There is no need to apologize.
What do you mean?
Anthony tricked you the only way he could be sure would work. That's all.
Don't you agree, Prince Xander?
Hmmm. Corrine, I told you before.

Wait, are people finally telling Corrine to stop doing the trusting thing??

Never mind

And then...I wouldn't be able to follow your lead anymore.
So basically, you need to keep on believing in people.

I'm glad the morale of the story is that to trust literally everyone, because Ryoma and Xander will kill those that betray that.

Xander, Ryoma... I can't express how much your words mean...
Yeah! What he said!
I'd do anything for you, Corrine!
Don't worry. I will always trust you. And I will always love you.
*sigh* Heh. I suppose I'm in, too.
You've gathered some strong, loyal allies, Lady Corrine.

Uh...why did only Ryoma say anything from Hoshido. How did Gunter get top billing over Silas or even Azura?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

Uh...why did only Ryoma say anything from Hoshido. How did Gunter get top billing over Silas or even Azura?
Imminent cutscene death?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The latter already got her two lines this mission when you were starting. Just because this is the 'finally everything gets revealed' path doesn't mean she still has a quota on dialogue :colbert:
Gotta save some room for someone else.

Even if it's Gunter.

(maybe you were supposed to miss him. like emotionally. so now he has a chance to catch up.)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Oh my god, my assessment that Revelations is a bad romhack was more accurate than I'd realized

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Anthony saga was basically filler. Nothing new was learned other than to reinforce that Corrine is naive with her bloodthirsty brothers killing anyone that disagrees.

The greatest warriors of the land, folks

Don't worry, Corrine. Though it is long, we're on the right path.
You've been here before, then?
I'm not sure. I have very faint memories of this place. Some things feel familiar. I was young... Holding my mother's hand...

Once again, the take-over by Anny over Valla was no more than maybe 15 years ago if we're being generous with Azura's age. And Xander or Ryoma have no idea about Valla despite Azura's story otherwise.

Who goes there?!?!?

*A woman appears*

WHAT?! How...could this be??

Mother?! This can't be possible! You're—!

Faithful servant to the great ruler of this land, the mighty King Anankos.
No... A servant?
Of course. Everyone who lives in Valla is King Anankos's servant, knowingly or not. And while I was unsuccessful the last time we met, I will redeem myself today.
Mother... You were the mage we fought when we first came here, then...

I know you said that Anankos could turn the dead to his will, but this...
Unbelievable. We have to fight Azura's mother in order to proceed?
Azura... I can't imagine how this feels... Are you all right?
I'm OK. I know that this thing isn't my mother.

Well, at least Azura doesn't have trouble with killing her possessed parent. Hint, hint Nohrian siblings.

You know that, don't you?
"Mother." What nonsense...
...The only thing I know—the only thing I need to know—is this: You all must die.

Get ready, Corrine. Everyone else, too... Ready your weapons.
We're doomed if we can't get past her!

This map gimmick might seem familiar from way back in Birthright. This is Midori's paralogue of burning the trees via Dragon Veins.

Ooooor, you can skip most of this because fliers can just go through the middle and defeat Arete since it's a Seize map. And there's only Falcon Knights, no Kinshi Knights to curb this strategy.

Vote 2 for team; least voted is off permanently: http://www.strawpoll.me/13819325

Still taking suggestions for heart seals.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I never understood this particular part when I played through it. Didn't we go through the back entrance of the main castle in the last chapter? Why're we suddenly in a forest now? Did Anthony just lead us into some other giant castle Valla just happens to have for a trap?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

BlackPersona posted:

I never understood this particular part when I played through it. Didn't we go through the back entrance of the main castle in the last chapter? Why're we suddenly in a forest now? Did Anthony just lead us into some other giant castle Valla just happens to have for a trap?

Do you not have an extra novelty castle in your backyard to trap trusting intruders? Who the hell does your decoration? I bet you don't even have a magical chair with vague and convenient plot powers.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
My heart seal suggestion is do what makes your life easier Tae, you have suffered enough.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BlackPersona posted:

Tae posted:

We have to—this is the only way to get to the back entrance without being seen. After these ruins is a forest, and then we'll be there!
Ah, I see. All right.

We weren't at the castle yet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BrightWing posted:

My heart seal suggestion is do what makes your life easier Tae, you have suffered enough.
I am seconding this vote regarding Heart Seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Oh no, we were betrayed. Whoever could have seen that coming.

Is Xander supposed to be the paranoid and "not good" follower of the leader that points out all the bad things to do like not trusting civilians and saying that they may be spies to make the main character seem more benevolent? So far this run he's been one of the better fathers and has been giving sound advice. Does he just get to be not terrible when he's not around his father?

That's the thing about Xander: he's actually a pretty good character in and of himself, but he's usually being shown as a complete hypocrite for being unwilling to turn on the horribly written Nohr villain cast. Like so many other things, you can see what the basic idea was, but it completely falls apart since even the good ideas have none of the support that they need to function. It doesn't help that the writers were obsessed with pandering to the player by having everything revolve around the terrible character of Corrin, copying ideas from other games without seeming to understand why they worked before, and the non-existent moral complexity in a game whose premise demands it.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 30, 2017

• Locked thread