Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

So here's Nina, though without Rally Skill equipped. This is odd considering Niles already learned it.

Well, the reason why is because I unequipped it before entering the paralogue. See, Nina is programmed to go for treasure and then run away.

However, if she has a rally skill equipped, she instead rallies and then runs away, which makes it much harder to catch her.

Shiro is going to plink some Adventures for free EXP while the rest of the team head towards the center and catch Nina.

Nina in her default state will take a few turns to reach the door, open it, open the chest, and then exit out. Her using Rally cuts out like 5-6 free turns to get her, as you can see.

As it's the last time we'll see Conquest style enemies, let's remind ourselves how goddamn annoying enemies with skills were. No more Poison Strike Ninjas, no more Wary Fighter, and no. more. Seal Defense.

There's a few Adventurers alongside Nina that'll loot chests and exit the stage ASAP. Not shown that are looted at the same time are a Partner Seal and 3k gold.

The only item I really care about is the Shining Bow, so I used Beruka's Lunge to switch places with a Sorcerer to reach the Shining looter. Beruka's safe from him since his priority is escaping above all else.

Hana disagrees

This moment might scare people going in blind, because the music stops and the death jingle plays here. Like I said before, killing her is the objective.

Here's where I just press end turn repeatedly, because defeating Nina turns all the enemy AI into "run to the exit."

You can rush to Nina and park a General or someone with high defense as she's looting the Goddess Icon so you have infinite time to beat the map. But I'm pretty overleveled at this point so I just let them go.

We're done! The reward is...Revelation's story. Whee.

Nina, it's over. Now you're going to get what's coming to you.
We have wildly differing view on justice. Do your worst, villain.
Huh? I'm not half the villain you think I am. Why, not even a tenth.
I spit on your idea of villainy then.

VISIT YOUR drat KIDS

You shouldn't be surprised that we're different as night and day. So take out your weapon. Do what you must, villain.
Stop saying that.
Arghh! Just do it already!
Wait! This foolishness must end. Come with me, Daughter.
No! Never.
Listen—how can you just throw your life away? How can you say that I never had a care for you?

It was out of LOVE. That's why I never visited you. Out of LOVE.

Because I wasn't worth your time!
No. I would have kept you near as my dearest treasure. I didn't want you to get caught up in the fighting of our time. I wanted you to be safe.
My world does terrible things to people. I have endured it all. But if something happened to you, it would have been the end of me.
I haven't convinced you, clearly.

Two years ago-"Hey, I bet Owain will be the greatest dad ever!"

"No way, you're crazy."

I wish you hadn't chosen a thief's life, but I can keep you from the worst of it.
You want me to join you? I won't abandon my cause. You're clueless about what I'm doing. The man who owns this manor...

This would've been an interesting side story or paralogue, instead of just being a backdrop for a kids mission.

He's swindled women and men of their life savings. One of the people in my group grew up in one such family. We demand justice!
And that leaves you and me only one way out of this.
Nina, please...
Father, I'll admit that I may have misjudged you—a little. I consider myself a fair woman, so I'll give you one last chance. If you and your friends look into this vile man's dealings...

Well, this should be an interesting situation to tackle!

Yes, well, many people misjudge me. But I've done the same to you. I promise to do better, starting now. We'll do what we can here.

*Time passes*

Leave it to me to turn a standard manor mission into a family crisis.
No, don't worry. Besides, thanks to Nina, we exposed what was going on.

Oh...we just...solved that off-screen. Okay.

We should be thanking your daughter. I know Corrine feels the same.
Ah, really? What a relief. I hate airing my dirty laundry in public.

*At a distance*

The fellow my father is talking to...not bad...not bad...

Uh...excuse me?

Huh? Daughter? What is it? Silas believes that you're staring. Do you need something?
Nope. Nothing. I'm just fine. You two just carry on.
Yeah, fine. We, uh, will. *leaves*

Nina is into boy love. What do you call it...*looks into slang terms*

Yaoi?

Unit Joined

Nina

Class sets: Starts as Outlaw, Dark Mage, Troubadour
PSkill: Daydream-When user is adjacent to two male units paired up, damage +2 and damage received -2

Growth Rates (As Adventurer)
HP: 30
STR: 30
MAG: 62.5
SKL: 35
SPD: 67.5
LCK: 60
DEF: 20
RES: 62.5

Daydream is...very situational in practice for little benefit considering her stats and role. She is basically a mage with the Shining Bow equipped, and her resistance is so sky high that she doesn't need the stat boost to fight other mages.

The only real advantage Nina has over an actual mage is that she has the ability to KO fliers and switch to physical bows against the absolute toughest mages. Still a good unit, but not absurd like say Velouria or Shiro.

It's too late, Nina. The gross part of me is in you, too.

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
I think the reason Nina's hair is slightly pink is because Elise's hair is blonde with purple strands in it. I dunno, Nina's weird. She makes a great support healer that also uses a bow, but I made her a bow knight because mobility and I already had Shura for the Adventurer class. However, she is made of goddamn paper with Elise as her mother.

I dread to ask this question, but I'm guessing her dialogue has also been radically changed in localization?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...So we have a yaoi fangirl who can only exist if the one bisexual male NPC gets together with a woman.

Fire Emblem, y'all got issues.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Nina's best support is with Shiro.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

The line "Yes, well, many people misjudge me. But I've done the same to you. I promise to do better, starting now. We'll do what we can here." has "Nilesthink" instead of the portrait showing up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Steal, beg, kill—just another Tuesday for li'l Niles, sadly.

And here's the Niles x Male Corrin conversation.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
The whole thing about how you HAVE to kill the enemy kid units is so loving confusing, especially if you've come from any other fire emblem game. First time I played this I thought you lost her if you killed her, so I managed to trap her in the topmost room with the treasure, with Effie (who was her mother) blocking off her exit. If nothing else, it made for a pretty funny mental image.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Camel Pimp posted:

The whole thing about how you HAVE to kill the enemy kid units is so loving confusing, especially if you've come from any other fire emblem game. First time I played this I thought you lost her if you killed her, so I managed to trap her in the topmost room with the treasure, with Effie (who was her mother) blocking off her exit. If nothing else, it made for a pretty funny mental image.

I did about the same thing.

I know I keep saying it (because it keeps being true), but Fates has so many areas that just feel sloppy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Camel Pimp posted:

I mean it's not like Fire Emblem games haven't EVER made you kill a unit to recruit them.

I'd even argue that the recruitment I'm talking about is worse because you have to talk to the unit with one of your own units and then kill him with a specific other unit.

That said, "kill the unit" is a bad recruitment method no matter what because it goes against every Fire Emblem instinct you have.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Since they're done, I figure I should point out (possibly again, Fates writing melts my cognitive abilities something fierce.) a major difference between the Fates and Awakening paralogues.

In Awakening, you aren't there for the kid. Well, the player is, but the characters aren't. The mission has some standard paralogue motive (bandit raids, lost treasure, mansion of the undead), which is why Chrom comes stomping in, and then it turns out, hey, what are the odds, a kid is there. Maybe in danger, maybe fighting the same people you're after, maybe even working with the villains, but they're narratively a side point, with the mission concluding properly even if you kill them.

Meanwhile, in Fates, the whole point of the mission is the kid. Including getting a scene with them even if they get killed.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

chiasaur11 posted:

Since they're done, I figure I should point out (possibly again, Fates writing melts my cognitive abilities something fierce.) a major difference between the Fates and Awakening paralogues.

In Awakening, you aren't there for the kid. Well, the player is, but the characters aren't. The mission has some standard paralogue motive (bandit raids, lost treasure, mansion of the undead), which is why Chrom comes stomping in, and then it turns out, hey, what are the odds, a kid is there. Maybe in danger, maybe fighting the same people you're after, maybe even working with the villains, but they're narratively a side point, with the mission concluding properly even if you kill them.

Meanwhile, in Fates, the whole point of the mission is the kid. Including getting a scene with them even if they get killed.

Er, what? Almost every paralogue outside of the deeprealms has the characters doing something else, and the kid just having sneaked off and running into the group. The few that have the kid as the focus from the start (again, outside of the kid's deeprealm) is because the parents are visiting them.

As for the kid being the focus and not a side point, the paralogues for Sophie, Caeldori, Ignatius, Velouria, and Ophelia have them just there at the time, and while Asugi and Soleil are more important in their paralogues, the focus of your battle is against someone else, with them either helping or ignoring you.

Also, in Awakening, the only person who knew about her kid beforehand was Lissa. Every other parent had no idea who this random person was, until the kids told them about themselves. In Fates, all of the parents know about the kids, so of course the parents would care about them more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A dozen kids later, the group finally moves on from Scarlet's death.

You will appreciate the dumbess of some of the paralogues in hindsight.

It was quite friendly with the other kingdoms of the world... In fact, it wasn't unusual for royalty from Nohr and Hoshido to visit.
What? But I've never even heard of Valla. You're saying that my father—and King Garon—were aware of this land?

Uh wait, you mean like thousands of years ago, right?

Everything dumb in these plots go back to Valla somehow.

But when the Silent Dragon Anankos seized power, this land was changed.
Azura, how is it that you know so much about this kingdom?
I suppose I should explain that, as well...
Come with me. There is something I wish for all of you to see.

I can't believe this is actually going to be a big reveal.

Yes. It looks identical to the one that Father worships.
This is a statue of the Silent Dragon Anankos. Each of the kingdoms has a dragon associated with it.

So why is he called the "Silent" dragon? Are you saying the Dusk and Dawn dragons will one day rise against their kingdoms?

He was gifted with unlimited knowledge and foresight. He was also the dragon that gave his blood to the ancient Vallites.
But then...why would Father worship him, rather than the Dusk Dragon?

I have never seen anyone pray to a dragon god. Is Azama a Monk of the Dawn Dragon faction? We don't know!

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you... It's doubtful that there's anything left to the true King Garon.
What do you mean?

Who killed Garon? Did Anankos did? Anyone?

His presence, even in short periods of time, is very corrupting. Anankos's magic is likely all that keeps King Garon alive at this point. He is nothing more than a servant.
I can't—
Anankos is using King Garon as a puppet to create wars and destroy the world.
That's not...
I don't want to believe it, but that would explain Father's strange behavior... That damned dragon is going to pay! Why is he doing this?!

And here I thought Anny just wanted friends.

With them ruined, he can conquer the other kingdoms with little resistance.
Some of you have already encountered invisible enemies outside Valla. Those are soldiers of Valla and servants to Anankos. With his magic, he is able to send them from Valla to other places. He used them to make Hoshido and Nohr believe they were attacking each other.

Why is this a thing that only happened on this route? Especially since we've now established that these Valla soldiers can straight up ignore Mikoto's pacifier barrier. Why make it so complicated??

...Exactly like what happened to us in Cyrkensia.
Ah! So for us to save the world...we have to defeat this Silent Dragon!
Correct. That's our ultimate goal.

Azura should've slapped him in the headgear for even being proud of that.

I have only one question, Azura, since you know so much about these events... Who are you, really?

OH MY GOD!!

What?!
Then you're originally from this kingdom? Belonging to its royal family, no less?
Yes, though there is no longer a royal family to belong to...

My mother took me and fled.
Everything I have told you about Valla I learned from my mother during our exile.

...Wait, hold on. She's saying Anny taking over Valla was a very recent thing, like in the last 20 years. But she said Hoshido and Nohr royalty used to visit Valla a lot before. Why did no one know about this?

Why didn't Orochi or even Yukimura know about this?

Yes. That's why we couldn't explain things until we got here.
I see... Then our mission is clear. We must unite to defeat the Silent Dragon Anankos.

...We literally confirmed that like a minute ago.

Hoshido and Nohr... Working together...
Is something bothering you, Prince Ryoma?
Actually, yes...

The hell? A person?

That person's being chased! We have to do something!

*The boy approaches the group*

Hey, remember chapter 15 of Conquest where you copied your party? Well, it's Revelation's version except with 9 characters.

I'm just going to use the lowest level guys cause I don't want to poll 20+ names for this small of a deployment line.

BIG STATS UPDATE: HERE

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 20, 2017

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Tae posted:

My mother took me and fled.
Everything I have told you about Valla I learned from my mother during our exile.
I thought you couldn't talk about Valla outside of Valla. :confused:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

hey girl you up posted:

I thought you couldn't talk about Valla outside of Valla. :confused:
There is actual thought put behind this plot point, we just aren't there yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi, the 'silent dragon' thing is purely a localization thing. Anankos's title in Japanese is 透魔竜

透: Transparent, Permeate
魔: Evil, demon
竜: Dragon

So "Transparent Evil Dragon' if you wanted to be incredibly literal, 'Invisible Demon Dragon' if you wanted to be slightly less literal but still awkward. 透 can also be used for 'sudden appearance,' in the sense of something being removed from its invisiblity, like a stage magician doing a show where he makes a rabbit disappear and reappear. So clearly the actual TL should have been 'Suddenly Appearing Evil Dragon.'

For real though, the silent dragon TL is a bit lame because it doesn't get across the intent of him being an invisible corrupting force. I would have gone with 'Stalking Dragon' or 'Whispering Dragon,' the idea that he's a devil in your ear. otoh this game is bad and anankos is probably the third or fourth worst plot point in it, so who cares

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So if Anankos has direct control over Nohr's king, and everyone in Nohr is too much of a spineless coward to oppose Ganon, what does he get out of destroying Nohr rather than just joining Nohr's military to his own and launching a war of conquest? Hell, he could probably just bribe the Nohrians with food from Valla and the opportunity to emigrate/travel to his much less crappy kingdom and there's a good chance he'd get the country behind him.

For an invisible hand behind the scenes his plans sure are dumb.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So if Anankos has direct control over Nohr's king, and everyone in Nohr is too much of a spineless coward to oppose Ganon, what does he get out of destroying Nohr rather than just joining Nohr's military to his own and launching a war of conquest? Hell, he could probably just bribe the Nohrians with food from Valla and the opportunity to emigrate/travel to his much less crappy kingdom and there's a good chance he'd get the country behind him.

If anyone's still alive, there's someone who could take the kingdom back. If no one is alive, the kingdom will be his forever.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

From what I've read, there are explanations for these questions. Not necessarily good ones, but explanations at least.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Glazius posted:

If anyone's still alive, there's someone who could take the kingdom back. If no one is alive, the kingdom will be his forever.

And then what? Does he just turn people into dumb purple ghosts?

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Real Talk, I'm pretty sure if that was really the plan all along, it would be infinitely more interesting than any other part of this games story

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

And then the ghosts will let him fight his true enemy.

Pac-Man.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

chiasaur11 posted:

And then the ghosts will let him fight his true enemy.

Pac-Man.

I'm pretty sure you just wrote a better story than Fates.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nina is just reminding me how absurdly good Sakura was back in Birthright. Strength, speed, magic, everything.

These kids...are not good for the most part. I really need to change classes for some of them.

We have to hurry to the other end of this area as fast as we can.
Hmm... There's something strange about the Dragon Vein here...

I'm not sure what will happen if we use it... Maybe it will let us act elsewhere?

So, same basic idea as Chapter 15 of Conquest except a little more complicated. A few tips to be reminded of:
-Any character's damage is the same to both. Which means you can have someone charge in for an attack, then heal up safely on the other side with a vulnerably.
-Switch weapons without worry. Siegfried can strike with a stronger weapon before his top self switches back to a Guard Naginata or Javelin on defense.
-Not applied, but Azura's replica can't use dance so this is one of the few times where she's not great.

Velouria is one of the few good units in general on the roster. Being able to one-shot Sorcerers is a rare thing among my available roster, which is...bad.

Now begins the actual mission.

Not with your stats, buddy. 21 speed and 18 defense at your level is almost Hinata-like.

Reinforcements that immediately aggro will spawn from the boss's location every few turns. It clogs up things, but 20 turns is still more than enough time to get everything.

I'll take Resistance I guess? And the 5k gold.

Rhajat at least has a clear focus and excels on it, unlike Siggy. Her victim drops his Ragnorak.

In case you didn't guess, this is one of those 20+ item drop maps. Kinda like chapter 10 back in Izumo.

Sig and Velouria take down a batch of Archers and a Maid for Steel Yumi, Mend Staff, Illusory Yumi, and a powerful Soldier's Knife.

The top enemies don't have any items, so there's just less going on for the originals. Hisame is...okay, but he doesn't have super insane speed like Hana to really make him dangerous. Just annoying.

Nina, could you please reach 19 in either attack stats before giving me these awful levels

For once, Saizo's been super helpful now that he's facing Revelation enemies instead of the horror show that were the Conquest paralogues.

A Steel Sword and Thunder were picked up in the meantime.

30 strength already, so strong.

A little busy here, but Corrine debuffing everyone heavily makes it no more than stepping stones.

Results of Skirmish
Steel Katana, Bolt Axe, Steel Axe, Hammer

Siegbert-STR/SKL/SPD/LCK
Ignatius-LCK/DEF
Rhajat-MAG/RES

Iggy, dude. Come on. Gain some strength.

Good level, Saizo. You might finally reach that mystical 20 speed, you slow-as-hell ninja

A lot more, the same more.

A bad level?! Oh no!

Corrine debuffing everyone yet again, gets her a great level. Wow, 23 strength at level 10. She's really taking it to the extreme of how blah you can be while clutching on to Draconic Hex.

Results of Skirmish

Nina-HP/MAG/RES
Saizo-HP/MAG/SPD/LCK
Ignatius-STR/SKL/SPD
Velouria-STR/SKL/SPD/LCK

Congrats Saizo on hitting 20 speed. :toot:

Heart Seal, Killing Edge, 5k gold, Steel Club, Dual Club

Whew, lots of good stuff. Probably like 60k in total for this map. The dual weapons alone cost a ton of cash.

The top half is now going to chill and chew on some Vulnerary candy if their replicas get too hurt.

...Well, 30 magic. Definitely more Nyx-like than Hayato.

This would be slightly more threatening if it wasn't for the fact that Velouria laughs at even a Beast Killer at this point.

Results of Skirmish

Hisamee-STR/MAG/LCK/DEF
Nina-MAG/SKL/LCK/RES
Siegbert-STR/SKL/SPD

I just noticed that Nina has only 17 skill. What are you GOOD at, girl??

Beast Killer, Dual Naginata, Friendship Seal, Dual Yumi, 10k gold

Seigbert eliminates a Swordmaster to get his Practice Katana. Rhajat gets a Killer Axe off a Hero. Now just the boss is left.

And then Siggy gets a Bolt Naginata to complete the massacre.

You...were a page to Anankos?

Already questions on why a dragon needs a page.

Everyone is force to work as his slaves. I served at his side, but... He's not normal. There's something almost demonic about him.

...Um, you're saying Anny is NOT a murderous dragon bent on destruction? I guess he was born way after Anankos killed Valla's previous king and then chilled...?

I couldn't take being near that violent tyrant anymore. After a lot of careful planning, I was finally able to escape.
That explains why you were being chased. But if you were a page to Anankos, does that mean you know where he is?
Of course. I've spent years serving him.
All right! A lucky break! We'll be able to go straight to him!

Yep! Get back to your trauma, kid

Yes. Well, more accurately... We're here to defeat him. Please, Anthony. Can you lead us to where he is?
D-defeat him?! I don't think it's possible to do that! He's too powerful... And besides, I only just finally got away...
I'm truly sorry to ask this of you... But if you take us to him and we prevail, you won't have to worry ever again. Would you please help us?
... Yes... All right... I'll help you.
I'm tired of running.

Easy enough. I think this is the first actual person we've seen. Azura made it seem like everyone died as soon as Anny took over.

*Meanwhile*

Oh, it's that guy that started this whole entire mess of a war.

WHAT

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Is that undead Mikoto?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
That definitely looks like undead Mikoto, all right. So is this Valla place a realm of the dead or something, where everyone ends up after they die (and that's why it's a 'secret' realm -- only the dead can know/speak of it, hence the curse)? Or does Anankos always just *happen* to get his grubby paws on pretty much everyone to re-raise as undead? Is this some crap where Anankos and Vallites aren't 'truly' bad -- they seem antagonistic to the living (such as purple hood man killing Mikoto), but there's some ~true purpose~ behind what they're doing which you'd only understand once you've passed on?

Anthony logic: I've spent the majority of my short years plotting to run away from this horrible tyrant thing and finally succeed. Now you want me to help you take you back to him, where I'm fully convinced you can't defeat him, so I'll at *best* end up enslaved again. Yeah, sure I'll help you!

'Get back to your trauma' is pretty accurate. Corrine is truly a monster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Young Man is a bit ambitious. Dude's a brat at best.

Also, this ain't subtle for shiz

This looks like tedious trouble already.

We'll have to get past this area in order to reach Gyges.
Hang on a second!! Why are there floating islands?!

You just noticed this now??

My, now that is interesting... I'm guessing that we can use those bridges to cross between the floating islands.
Those bridges look pretty old, though... You don't think they'll...break...do you?
No, this is the direction I came. We'll be all right! Probably.

It's been a long time since we've seen Shanky Shank Hinoka unleashed.

It looks like there are enemies stationed in our way, too...
But if this is the only path, we'll have to move forward.
If it will reassure you all, I'll cross this bridge first! I know it's safe, but I'll prove it to you!
What? Hey! Get back here! Don't run off!

*Anthony runs across the bridge*

Look, everyone! It's fine! Follow me!
Hmm... I suppose it looks all right. Let's go.

*Most of the party cross the bridge*

The bridge is collapsing! We have to go!
Everyone, cross quickly!!

*The bridge collapses under Takumi*

Prince Takumi, take my hand!

*Leo pulls Takumi up*

Their love of chess shogi soup is too ironclad to break now

Phew, thanks. You saved my life.
Wow, that would have been a long drop...
That's what you say? How are you so calm after what just happened?
Anthony, we need to talk. Right now.

What you would have heard if you played this was Anthony giggling just now.

*enemy forces assemble*

Hang on, Xander. The enemy is approaching. Corrine, everyone—get ready for battle!

Revelation is quickly ramping up punishment for people that don't bring enough Royals or fliers, cause this is basically a Dragon Vein puzzle. If you only have Corrine and no fliers...welp.

So here's the big cut here and I have no easy solution because I don't want to resort to 10+ names per post. I have 23 characters not including Corrine, and the max deployment for the rest of the game is like...15 at best.

My answer is to have either mostly kids with the remaining slots be voted in from 1st generation or vice versa: http://www.strawpoll.me/13767421

For reference again, here's the roster: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=148732

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Uhhhhh.... does that site accept multiple votes from the same person? It froze so I mashed continue and then suddenly it showed me 13 votes for the thing I chose. Woops....

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Oh. Or Anthony's just evil. Is Hinoka supposed to be blushing there?

Leo should've just let Takumi die if they never had their shogi soup bro-out session. But I suspect he's too plot important and not nearly random enough (re: Kaze/Izana/Scarlet) for the game to kill off.

And thank you Tae for entertaining my dreams of the bloody reign of angry murderchildren. I voted for kids by default, but are these crop of kids actually any good? If not, I don't mind changing my vote.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

To be fair, it's not like manipulating anyone in this world is all that difficult. Anny hardly needs to be a mastermind to make this war happen.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it seemed kind of suspicious that there's a living person in this land of glowy-eyed shadows.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

Yeah, it seemed kind of suspicious that there's a living person in this land of glowy-eyed shadows.

A non-highly regarded knight character to boot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kids with guests was the vote method of victory for the rest of Revelation. Coincidentally, there's enough slots for all the kids this mission. If nothing else, it makes them stronger since I can start forging all the extra weapons since I don't have to spread my slots as much.

A good thing about this choice is that every third character is a healer, so I'm never going to worry about being half-dead again.

We should be able to use them to get to the other side.

Give and Take is the name of today's gimmick. Dragon Veins switch one bridge to another, opening a path while closing at the same time.

Generally, the best path to this Boss kill mission to save time is to go clock-wise. That's the best loot and fastest path to the boss.

Oh Ninjas, you used to be the most terrifying thing in the world. Now you're just really fast people with meh strength without Poison Strike or Lunge tactics.

One small note is that since the bridges transport instead of disappearing, it takes whoever's won them with it. This can be used offensively like now to pincer attack units, or defensively to have units retreat safely.

There are some Kinshi Knights that immediately aggro and are the only "active" threats, but their stats are really poor with low attack and no Darting Blow to compensate. There's no real incentive to rush in, so it's a pretty chill map honestly.

There's one Hammer General in the mix, which just means use Dragonstone to turtle. That's maybe the only other real twist.

Some good levels to start off with, which is all I have at this point because fighting Generals is uh...not exhilarating.

In hindsight, Seigbert's speed is good if Master Ninjas, the fastest units by a mile, barely double him.

Although you can see why I'm severely disappointed in Siggy.

This is the real prize of the mission, one of the best S rank weapons.

The middle island has one mage and the rest are Great Monks. Not exactly the most threatening thing for Shiro to solo.

When you get near the boss, those Malig Knights start getting active and head towards the party. Unfortunately for them, their gear is kinda rear end with dinky Thunder tomes that barely deal 7 damage to meh resistance.

More levels. Good for Nina as she is going both routes for power. Selkie is....well, she already has everything.

More Generals. All the Generals. Rhajat and Nina basically had a field day here.

The boss is somehow less threatening than her mooks. Yes, she has Darting Blow but she doesn't move. Even Revelation at times knows to give the early mercy rule.

Rhajat, if your gimmick is magic+speed, do the speed part more often.

Here's the rest of the map that I'm going to skip, because it's basically just EXP, A Wakizashi, and Dragonstone+. Also some silver weapon drops but you know my thoughts on Silver weapons at this point.

More skill is always good. Goddamn that strength.

This is where all their 3D budget went.

That over there is the royal capital of Valla, the stone castle Gyges.
What a foreboding place... How are we going to get inside?
Well, the main entrance is always guarded and locked up tight, so that won't work. But I know about a back entrance. It's how I escaped in the first place! I'll gladly show you where it is.

Xander being suspicious? Say it ain't so! Though justified for once.

What are you talking about, Xander?
Anthony, it was you that made that bridge collapse, wasn't it?
Why would I do something like that?! You all saved me from those soldiers!

His child-killing tendencies are rising again! Elise, hide!

AHHHH!
Xander! Stop!
Stand aside, Corrine... Why are you protecting him?

The...teleporting bridge?? That floats on air?

It's hardly surprising that it collapsed under our weight.
I don't know... I agree that Anthony is rather suspicious. He might have joined us intending to mislead us.
I agree—that seems entirely possible. Corrine. You should listen to Xander on this.

This is very consistent. For better or for worse.

*sigh*
Hmph. Corrine, you're just as naive as ever. However... Your ability to believe in people, no matter what, made this army possible.
You think so?
Of course. Neither myself nor Prince Ryoma could have unified our forces. We're each too suspicious of the other. It's you, Corrine.

You are the one who unites us.
But I will say this. Your tendency to believe in people is also your greatest weakness. You must remain diligent and aware, or someone may take advantage of you.
All right. I understand, Xander.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The group nods their heads as Xander's child murdering tendencies calmed down.

Really couldn't come up with anything else, huh.

Probably the only time you see 3d models of people just hanging out.

What the hell, Anthony has a character model?!

Um, Corrine... Could I talk to you for a minute?
Hello, Anthony. Of course. What's wrong?
After what happened at the bridge, it seems everyone is very wary of me. I'm worried that when we reach the back entrance they might not follow me.

Cool, thanks dude.

Wait, what's the catch

That way everyone can get in easier, and it won't feel suspicious.
But the castle must be filled with troops. You'd be in incredible danger going alone.
I know it's risky, but I think it's the only way that everyone will trust me.
And if we got attacked while sneaking in, I'm worried I'd be blamed for it.
Don't worry, Anthony. I know what we can do to make sure you get through safely.
What's that?

Oh right, the catch is Corrine being Corrine

What? You'd come with me, even though your friends don't trust me?
Of course. But I need to go prepare first—once I'm ready, we can head out.

*Some time later, the two enter the castle*

We have to—this is the only way to get to the back entrance without being seen. After these ruins is a forest, and then we'll be there!
Ah, I see. All right.
Corrine, thank you for coming with me. It really means a lot that you feel like you can trust me.

It does feel like Birthright was oddly made by a different team, because the only real mistake that Corrin made trust-wise was Zola. And Zola made a really absurd plan to fake being a good guy by taking a hit.

It's certainly helpful. It makes you an excellent leader. You'd make a fine ruler.

Betrayed??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Anthony?

*Anthony stabs at Corrine*

Ah!
Heehee... Hahahaha! Thank you for believing me! It'll be so much easier to kill you without all those friends!

*Enemies teleport in*

Of course he was! I've been ordered to kill every member of your group! Starting with you. After all, you know what they say about cutting off the head... Your friends won't know what to do without you around to lead them!
I think you underestimate them, Anthony. And you underestimate me, too.
Ha! What are you talking about? Like lambs to slaughter, they'll follow me into a trap when I tell them you're missing.
Unless I left behind a message for them before we set out.
...A message?!

Wow, a back-up plan?!

But that means...you never trusted me at all!

Oh my god, kill him. Kill him now.

I wanted to, Anthony. I really did. That's why I'm sad that things have turned out this way.
Don't think that means I won't fight you with everything I have, though! The least I can do is thin your numbers so that my friends have an easier time.

*Corrine solos for a bit*

Now!! Everyone, attack at once! Kill her!

That's—!
Corrine, you should know by now that we won't leave you to fight alone!
Takumi! You followed us?!

Yeesh... We told you we thought Anthony wasn't trustworthy. Though I suppose now is no time for "I told you so"!

Good ole suspicious younger brothers.

*Ryoma, Xander, Gunter arrive*

You're safe, milady! Thank goodness.
Please don't leave us behind!
You're all here!

*Xander and Ryoma double-team Anthony*

Blast it!
...Ughhh... What...? Wh-what's...happening?! King Anankos...please... Why...why are you... I...can still...defeat...
No...no...please...please...please don't... Not... GAAHHHHHHH!

...Anny, you got some weird fetishes.

Today's gimmick is Evolution/Devolution. Enemies that go on blue rooms unpromote, while red rooms promote them. That means if a Maid enters a blue room, they turn into a Troubadour and their Daggers are now useless.

All the kids will be present, alongside two guests from the 1st generation.

Vote 2, least voted will be off permanently: http://www.strawpoll.me/13797465

Also feel free to give Heart Seal suggestions cause I got money again

Tae fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 27, 2017

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This suggestion is a couple of maps late, but maybe change Sophie to Wyvern Lord, because you are woefully short on fliers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This is a really weird map, it's just so easy to blockade enemies on the blue tiles. The devolved guys give evolved xp too so it's good for levels.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

This is a really weird map, it's just so easy to blockade enemies on the blue tiles. The devolved guys give evolved xp too so it's good for levels.
Yeah, this is a gimmick map with an interesting idea, but one that's sadly half-assed in execution. If the tiles affected both allies and enemies, it'd be something unique as the player has to deal with units changing back and forth as they advance, and all the issues that'd come up like the example Tae gave for Troubadour-->Maid (i.e., a unit loses access to one or all equipable weapons due to class differences). Unfortunately, the final product only affects enemies, and only when the enemy units end their turn in one of the rooms. Plus, the gimmick is removed for the skirmish version of the map once you clear it in the story, leaving the gimmick feeling very under-utilized for such an interesting idea.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Weird poorly thought out gimmicks are practically synonymous with revelation

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I thought the game would pull a cliche where Anthony turns out to be Anankos, but nope, he's just some random Faceless instead. :geno:

I think the intent was to have Corrine sound like someone smart by being one step ahead of this trap? But it really clashes with how moronic she was in the last chapter when she begged Xander to spare the obvious spy and keeps showing how much she blindly trusts others.

Really, at this point I'm just exhausted at how awful and underwhelming Fates is.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

The only thing I took from this is that yeah, Anankos wiped out all animal life in Valla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Oh no, we were betrayed. Whoever could have seen that coming.

Is Xander supposed to be the paranoid and "not good" follower of the leader that points out all the bad things to do like not trusting civilians and saying that they may be spies to make the main character seem more benevolent? So far this run he's been one of the better fathers and has been giving sound advice. Does he just get to be not terrible when he's not around his father?

• Locked thread