Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is Rinkah available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I don't think we've used Oboro yet, have we?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
List of married Revelation:
-Peri
-Camilla
-Mozu
-Kaden
-Hana
-Selena
-Nyx
-Charlotte

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

lets go with Rinkah

If mozu wasn't already taken I would vote for benny!Hill(billy)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Looking for a wife for Benny? Why not Zoidberg Rinkah?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

I don't think we've used Oboro yet, have we?
Seconding this vote.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna vote for Rinkah.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'll vote for Oboro since I found that support funny.

Siegbert wishes there were some better female children he could support. As a Wyvern Lord with Charlotte as a mother, he gives 8 attack, 1 speed, 4 defence and 1 point of move. That's a lot of damage, especially since he's also giving a point of move.

Berserker Siegbert would give +10 damage (5 from class bonus, 3 from being Charlotte!Siegbert and 2 from the skill) as well as 4 speed but he'd be a very subpar berserker.

The problem with that is the female children aren't really great. F!Kana is Kana and is kind of middling everywhere, Sophie means you have to run Silas who gets outclassed hard by Xander, Midori isn't great, Ophelia is magic and Soleil always has strength anyway. In Rev, we have Caeldori which actually would work pretty well and Mitama who is also meh.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Oboro, because his kid made for a good Spear Master the time I did this.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Also voting Oboro, I like their support.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Beruka because this kid loves that Wyvern reclass.

Siegbert's paralogue is the one that I find spikes hardest in difficulty from Hard>Lunatic. Enemies spawning from two of the dragon veins at a time rather than one + effective weaponry everywhere can make for a chaotic battle.

Siegbert's decent. He's best as a pairup bot for the female kids, but Mysticblade pretty much summed up the problems with that. Sophie is probably the best option, you can get Silas married to someone before Xander shows up, then replace Silas with Sophie. Caeldori works too, or Ninja!Soleil who doesn't mind a bit of extra oomph (Soleil is generally better off with her mother as a pairup for her personal skill though). He can always make an ok combat unit with Cavalier and Wyvern as options.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Eh, whatever, Rinkah.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

facepalmolive posted:

Ok yeah, why did they cut that out? That's a stupid dumb gimmick, but it's a hilarious dumb gimmick. Come to think of it, his FEH portrait looked a bit thuggish as well
because this translation is bad. not because grr censorship but because the translators clearly had zero idea how to write dialogue that sounded distinct from other characters.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I wonder why Treehouse dropped the ball so hard on this localization. Like I know they can do better, so this is just really disappointing to see and hear about.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I wonder why Treehouse dropped the ball so hard on this localization. Like I know they can do better, so this is just really disappointing to see and hear about.

A ton of text in a short time amounts for half of it, I think. We're talking about, what, twice the script size of Awakening? Three times?

Now, you try to localize that in less time, and already you got problems. Worse, it's all that work for a Fates, a game that, while it might have done better with voice in the original Japanese, still had wild inconsistencies everywhere and sucked aside from them. That makes it much harder to bring the motivation to make characters interesting, instead of getting something that more-or-less works, then going home for a beer.

Add in pre-release controversies to complicate things and possibly throw off some timelines in an attempt to prevent PR disasters (The Forrest/Soleil support was pretty much ground up rewritten, if memory serves), and it's understandable the game's not going to be up to past standards. Disappointing, but understandable.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Wallet Inspector posted:

Beruka because this kid loves that Wyvern reclass.

This is 100% true. Benny's kid makes an amazing Wyvern rider after getting his promoted level 5 skill.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh, sure, Beruka.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Beruka.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think Beruka as a mother works better with another Nohr dad in terms of support conversations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka's the wife.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

This is 100% true. Benny's kid makes an amazing Wyvern rider after getting his promoted level 5 skill.

We already saw that with Percy in a much harder game in Conquest. He soloed an endgame room by himself.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Oh, right.

Yea I completely forgot that was a thing that happened.

In any case, it'll be nice to show off that combo again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

chiasaur11 posted:

Add in pre-release controversies to complicate things and possibly throw off some timelines in an attempt to prevent PR disasters (The Forrest/Soleil support was pretty much ground up rewritten, if memory serves), and it's understandable the game's not going to be up to past standards. Disappointing, but understandable.

What was that one? I know the Soleil/Corrin support had issues but I can't dig anything up for Forrest.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bruceski posted:

What was that one? I know the Soleil/Corrin support had issues but I can't dig anything up for Forrest.

I can't vouch for source reliability, but as far as I've seen... you know how Soleil would get sexual harassment notes from HR normally?

The original version of that support is her turned up to twelve.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not a good barometer of "strange."

This mission is kinda like Shiro's, except 10 times worse because it requires a lot of specific stuff. And Conquest enemies are much more threatening.

It might actually be the hardest paralogue.

But it's not much farther until I reach Nohr. I hope Father is glad to see me. But the closer I get, the more enemies I see. Is trouble everywhere here? I hope I'm able to reach him.

I'll be fine. I'll be fine. Just need to keep telling myself that. I'm not a child anymore.

What's wrong? You look as if devils have been at your back!
Oh, worse! Far worse! Devils we could fight! Our village is about to be invaded by enemies that go unseen!
Invisible enemies? Oh, no! What will you do? I mean, what can I do?

So as you can probably tell, Iggy's a big scaredy cat that's trying to swallow his fear. Kinda like Siegbert in trying to please the ideal of their dad, but Iggy's...less skillfull.

You can have...confidence in me.
(Come on, come on. Look her in the eyes. You're a knight, dammit!)
All right, you two run past. I'll stand my ground here and fight them off. I swear that I won't let them inside. But summon more help, if you can.
What?! But they'll be here soon. By the time we find help, you'll be dead!
No. I'll be right here, fighting. But go NOW.
Yes, yes. Of course. *leaves*

I've got my silly little charm, after all. That's always kept me safe.
Best present Father ever gave me.

*A moment later*

We need your help! Our village is about to be attacked! Some brave soul is standing guard alone to fight them off. He may be a knight, and he's got the courage of 10 men. But he'll be a goner! And then...our village will be wide open to those fiends.
What's that? Who was he?
We don't know. He said his name was Ignatius. I think he was scared. But he didn't want to show it.
Ignatius, you say?!

Some knight of Nohr.
No doubt. It's him. What's he doing putting himself at risk? He should have run too!

Oh my god this map. Okay, so I have to use some Rescue staff shenanigans and possibly an Azura Sing to reach an NPC Iggy in like 2 turns. Why two turns? Because nearby Iggy are Master Ninjas with Poison Strike, which means he'll die fast even with Wary Fighter. And he can't join the party if he dies before talking to Benny.

Oh Conquest, how I didn't miss you.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

In this line from the recent Siegbert update, Siegbert's portrait is broken: "seigberthurt: I wouldn't be worthy of being called your son. So, I couldn't tell you.".

And it's actually pretty nice to have a semi good dad in this game! :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the new kid. He actually seems like a pretty normal person, aside from being able to wear all that armor.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Glazius posted:

I like the new kid. He actually seems like a pretty normal person, aside from being able to wear all that armor.

He's incredibly brave in a very believable sense. Namely he's scared to poo poo but does it anyway.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I'm surprised. This is the paralogue I almost always have the least amount of issues with. Then again Camilla is usually his mom so savage blow tends to help him hold out for the 3 or 4-ish turns it takes me to reach him.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I have never read their support before. It's adorable :3: :3: :3:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah. Both the support conversations and Iggy himself are just so endearing. :3: Never thought it'd be coming out of Beruka/Benny, out of all people.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Worth noting their support is pretty good, as far as Fates supports go. Basically

Benny: ...
Beruka: ...
Benny: Wanna get married?
Beruka: Sure.

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Worth noting their support is pretty good, as far as Fates supports go. Basically

Benny: ...
Beruka: ...
Benny: Wanna get married?
Beruka: Sure.

It was leagues better than Beruka's and Saizo's support where they said NOTHING AT ALL for there entire C rank.
At least here there's a reason for it, and unlike usual the silence conveys that they can be around each other without any awkwardness which is just so :3:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I honestly wonder at what stage of the game can you safely rescue Iggy without a flier, because Poison Strike ninja is always a thing.

I assume the easiest time to do this map is right after you get Camilla, because she's way above everyone else in power and can easily solo Iggy's attackers.

PSkill: Guarded Bravery-When user is the lead unit, damage received -2. If no support unit available, damage received +2

Iggy has insanely high defense like his dad, but slightly more strength which is good. Been having a few disappointing kids lately as far as being upgrades over their parents.

That inherited Wary Fighter is the only reason why he won't get destroyed by those nearby Master Ninjas.

There is a bit of a time limit even if Iggy is strong enough to nullify damage against the ninjas, as there's a couple mages from the south that'll slowly approach. They move 1 space at a time, but they will absolutely destroy Iggy when they get there.

Benny hopped on a ride with Beruka to quickly reach his son by turn 3.

Don't come any closer! I swear, I'll cut you where you stand, you big oaf! You are NOT getting inside this village!
Um, whoa. It's me, Son. You know, me, Dad.
Father! Sorry, I... I didn't know you were here fighting too.
Ah, of course, Son. Came running as soon as I heard you were in trouble.

Whoah, Benny. Don't be like Corrine and turn into a blood-thirsty demon everytime your kid gets hurt.

Please now. Step back. Dad's going to fix all this.
I won't, Father. I can't.
Hmm? Can't?
I...I can help. I must. It's time that I do my part. I can't be scared. You've protected me for so long. Now I must do the protecting.
Has my little boy grown up? Already?
Ignatius, are you sure you want to join your dad on the field of battle?
Yes. It would be my honor. Let us defend this village...together.

Benny's got that good balance of being caring about his kid, but knowing when to let them be free and be independent.

Add another Great Knight to the roster, since Iggy's already got the important Wary Fighter.

Meanwhile, the rest of the map is now routing the enemies while still having someone parked on the village entrance.

There is one annoyance in a Maid having a Freeze staff, so watch out for that.

Level ups

Siegbert-HP/SPD/RES

Rhajat-SPD/DEF/RES

Niles-STR/MAG/DEF/RES (21 strength)

Hisame-HP/STR/SKL/SPD/RES

Notable is that Niles reached 21 strength, which more or less put him on the same level as Setsuna.

Not gonna lie, Sieg and Iggy's missions were a big reason why I made "Do all the kid missions" a choice, cause I wanted to be overleveled for this.

Thanks! We all owe you our lives.
No. Please don't thank me. I just did what anyone would have done.
You impress me, Son. You've developed great strength.
What do you mean by that?
I'm...not strong. I would have died had you not come to my rescue, Father. I

Can YOU tell the difference between Iggy and Siggy?

Ignatius, no!
Father, as long as I'm at it, I need to speak my piece.
Hmm? Please, Son. There's no need.
Yes, there is. You've got to let me join your forces. I will never be the man you are unless I get the right kind of training.

Ah, interesting. He's got the standard never-be-good enough, but has enough initiative to actively try and change by guilt tripping

But, Son, you're still so—
I'll help you, Father! I swear I can. You've kept me so well protected in the Deeprealms. But I must learn to give protection. I can't hide behind my father forever!
Ah, all right. I'll agree, Ignatius. But only to show you what your dad's life as a knight is really like. I am not half as brave as you think. I just have a taste for war.
Thank you, Father. I won't let you down. One day, I will be a great hero like you. I'll work hard. I'll pay attention. I want to be just like you, Father.
Is that so? No need for that, Son.

Unit Joined

Ignatius

Class sets: Starts as Knight, Wyvern Rider, Mercenary
PSkill: Guarded Bravery-When user is the lead unit, damage received -2. If no support unit available, damage received +2

Growth Rates
HP: 62.5
STR: 60
MAG: 5
SKL: 57.5
SPD: 35
LCK: 55
DEF: 62.5
RES: 30

Believe it or not, Iggy is worse than his dad in growths by a big margin. That's hot his fault though, Benny just has the best growths in the three important categories for a physical wall.

His PSkill is more helpful for a defensive character, especially since it's general damage so that plus a Guard Naginata will stand tall against magic attacks. Overall, another Wary Fighter wall is never a bad thing. Effectively risk-free Javelin users are always good.

You're living proof that even cowards like us can make our way in the world.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

That might be the closest thing to a good father you'll see in fates.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Second to last kid is Keaton's.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
Eh, Rinkah? Sure, let's go with that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Who's open again?

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Throwing in a vote for Effie

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Who's the last kid left? Niles'?

Yeah, let's give Effie to Keaton and make this kid a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Elise because I like her as the mother for this child even if statistically she's bad at it

• Locked thread