Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

mandatory lesbian posted:

also please don't tell me if it came out before 2010 i don't want to think about how long it's been since the last Advance wars

It's been a little longer than 2010... 2005

ohmygorgon posted:

I thought that was the case. I can see a bigger expectation for story with a hired writer.

I believe what happened was they hired a writer who gave them the idea for just two paths, and then Nintendo decided to add a third path. Conquest got hit hardest by that but we'll get to that in due time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i checked and you're WRONG

it came out in 2008 :cry: still too long

I forgot Days of Ruin was a thing :downs:

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

I've always played Fire Emblems blind the first time through so I can pick out which units I like, and I leave all the min-maxing checking growth rates for second playthroughs. I may have done some stuff like murdered Shinon but this was the first time that I felt like I was getting screwed over.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Hidden weapons beat magic, this is a rare intersection of game mechanics and story.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

It was a magic fire, you can't expect to be able to put it out.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Clown the map, you can do it 'properly' on Conquest when you actually need exp.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Oh no the character we haven't interacted with since chapter... 3? 4? :geno:

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Sure I know Dad tried to kill me but I want to know why.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Bench Mozu, it's time for ODIN DARK and associates to show off.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

The first time I beat this level it was because Severa dodged a 83% hit and countered with a 4% crit on the last turn, which also earned her a permanent spot on my team.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

Sky Knight Selena
Ninja Laslow
Great Lord Effie
Lodestar Kaze

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

... This is going to somehow get even stupider before it's over, isn't it.

There is always more, and it is always worse.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

If you haven't recruited everyone or anyone dies, you're playing Fire Emblem Wrong™.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

If only Lilith had set herself on fire before jumping in, I think I would have really felt bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

It turns out Azura was wrong about the throne the entire time and the only power it possesses is to melt dragons into goo.

• Locked thread