Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

chiasaur11 posted:

Considering she's at least, what, a quarter dragon, this is slightly less idiotic than it would normally be.

That said... yeah. Wow. She's definitely her mother's daughter. Cynthia looks like a Rhodes scholar in comparison.

I feel vindicated. I suggested Corrine knowing very little about the kids and just figured a human/dragon/kitsune hybrid prince or princess was only appropriate for the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hisame's a guy? I would not have guessed that from any of the artwork of him in that update.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So if this is Cordelia, then the question is: which character is she so obsessed with that even her own children know about it, yet she has no supports with?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Which is weird since every other FE game with kids or a second generation justifies them very well.

Why they shat the bed here is something that remains a mystery

I suspect it's a casualty of trying to shove three completely different story campaigns into one game. They needed a one size fits all solution.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cdyoung posted:

well, unlike Hayato, Tharja was raised practicing dark magic and hexes. She has first hand knowledge that it's a horrible practice. And she makes it known in a lot of her supports. Hayato on the other hand in an egotistical, childish, prodigy. He thinks he knows what he's talking about is true, he thinks dark magic is just like the spirit magic he uses. If the mothers mattered in the kids stories, Nyx would have either stopped or guided her daughter in how to use it, instead of leaving her alone to go omnicidal maniac.

This is not-Tharja, I think. She was never going to turn out a sane or well-adjusted person.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 6, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Personally, I suspect a large part of it has to do with how homosexuality is increasingly accepted and treated nonchalantly in the West. You're queer, they're queer, no need to make a big deal about it. Whereas as I understand it, Japan is far less open and accepting about it so it's worth addressing.

Not saying I think they handled it gracefully - the writing's as awful as most of this game - but I if that was their reasoning I can understand why they'd do it that way.

Personally, I dislike Rahjat/Tharja quite a bit regardless.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FoolyCharged posted:

Charlotte needs to succeed at her dreams

Agreed, Charlotte.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh, sure, Beruka.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sure, Effie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, looks like we have the entire cast of Little Red Riding Hood distilled into one character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...So we have a yaoi fangirl who can only exist if the one bisexual male NPC gets together with a woman.

Fire Emblem, y'all got issues.

• Locked thread