Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'd have been cool with Lucina as one of the retainers like the games coding suggests was planned and they just make Arthur a freelance champion of justice you recruit early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

I'll admit that Scarlet's a bit flimsy (though her bases give her enough durability, I feel). Camilla, though, is only a few percent lower on base HP and Defense growths than Beruka, with higher Resistance (barely, it's true, but definite); perhaps the only reason to use Beruka over Camilla as a tank would have to be that Malig Knight is a pretty flimsy class for a front-liner- if they had the same class Camilla's defensive growths would be a lot closer. I mean, if you want a tanky Camilla all you have to do is switch her to Wyvern Lord.

You're only looking at growths which is dumb when Beruka has like 14 defense at level 9, and still has promotion gains to look forward to. Bases have always been more important than growths in this series barring exceptions like Donnel where his class gives him poo poo bases and reclassing immediately fixes that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, so uh, anyone new to Conquest, get used to the enemies all getting sweet weapons that work like in previous games while you don't.

Honestly given the penalties the weapons have now, it feels sillier that most of Birthright's bosses don't have the 1-2 But Good weapons. Haikataka would be a joke with just a Javelin for instance. Hell, given how little Conquest pulls its punches it's more surprising that there aren't Steel 1-2 weapons without the doubling penalty.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also he's a mage killer with the things they actually want, like, you know, 1-2 range combat and weapon triangle advantage.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Krumbsthumbs posted:

This is the map where I learned how amazing Felicia is with Flame Shurikens after taking them from Saizo. She managed to weaken Ryoma enough for Corrin to sweep in and get the kill.

I enjoy this map because it reminds me of chapter 10 and all the stuff you have to do, but I think the unknown value of the pots ruins a bit of the fun. Yes, you know which is a beneficial and which is a negative if you hover over the pots, but the randomness is a bit too much for me.

The pots are color coded though?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Even if I never used her, Charlotte is basically a Brigand/Barbarian which is real cool.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
We're finally getting deep into what makes Conquest so special. :allears: I never even noticed how loving overkill evil those soldiers look, it's like they're from Berserk or some poo poo.

theshim posted:

Wary Fighter was made for Benny. Give that to him and it negates his only real weakness (besides Armorslayers, but whatever).

Wary Fighter is just incredibly good in general. It wipes out the downsides of nearly all of the 1-2 range weapons, and Benny really does become the ultimate wall with it.

Wary Fighter is basically the defensive counterpart to FE4 Astra for how busted it is. It really needed to be enemy/user doubling threshold -3 (so 8 speed needed to double), because some enemies become really unpleasant to deal with it later and it kinda makes things too easy when Effie is effectively allowed to throw Javelins for free with her monster strength and Puissance.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

theshim posted:

And now we have Leo, the Worst Royal with The Worst Royal Weapon. Brynhildr's good and all, but it's nowhere close to the Fujin Yumi or the swords. And Leo is a huge letdown, he's mediocre as all hell.

Honestly Leo and Brynhildr are probably at the level the other royals should be. Having a Silver Bow with no downsides and Acrobat in the game where bows were buffed to hit as hard as axes is dumb, and Raijinto is basically the best sword in the game with its +4 strength on top of it being a sliver+.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

Man, Beruka's getting pretty screwed over on the Speed front. I mean, she's almost as slow as a Knight! Voting to ditch her because she's turning out pretty badly, Gunter for flat-out sucking, Azura because she kind of got overexposed on Birthright, Keaton because I ran out of bad units to vote off, and someone else I can't recall off-hand; probably Odin, though. Anyway, a belated character review for Gunter, because I never got around to it in Birthright.

Being as slow as a knight is actually okay when you have way more speed than Benny and defense on par with the other tanks though? Not sure how you can call that badly, but that's just me.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

That seems even worse, because the only defensible reason to keep them in that time bubble is to "Keep them safe." Having them holed up in a cave in the real world is just being a jerk.

Voting will end soon. Oh my god, Niles is dead. RIP his daughter.

lol, how many mage killers do you have left?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

lmao

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It was also dumb in Awakening that some couldn't, but at least Tiki got Lucina/Nah supports.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Honestly the game fumbles a lot of poo poo, we're pretty close to the endgame so I don't think it's a huge spoiler to mention that Nohr being a lovely barren wasteland that, you know, would give Garon an actual motivation, never comes up in Conquest.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'm pretty curious what the hell it does worse than the Hall Of Death with the loving Spy Shiriken Master Ninjas harassing you while a Certain Blow/Death Blow Great Club Master of Arms hides behind a Guard Naginata dude with some of the x weapon slayer weapons.

Oh wait, Inevitable End is a thing on Lunatic.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I dunno, if anything it makes way more sense that the recurring sibling would be back to avenge their dead oldest brother and the mass of massacred citizens and defenseless soldiers Corrrin left in their wake than anything else since it's all thematic and poo poo. But yeah it's not quite the time to go super in depth on how dumb possessed Takumi as far as this conversation goes because it gets even worse.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, the whole Conquest/Birthright design mentality sounds great in theory but in practice both are overturned, so one campaign is Awakening 2.0 for newcomers and the other one is All the Really Clever But Sadistic Parts of Thracia 776 And Hector Hard Mode. Which is kinda exhausting since, you know, even FE5 let you steal good poo poo and gave you Ced as an out in the endgame.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Conquest is only like 20% as clever as Thracia

Should I just have said gimmicky then? Idk, shits trying to be a puzzle or whatever and there's always at least one thing stopping you from the obvious solution.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, literally nothing was stopping Azura from showing all the siblings at once.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I used silvers in Birthright to make a kill that forged steels couldn't (no speed penalty and more accurate) because Birthright actually gives you some.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Wow, there's not even a challenge on the map, it's just pure tedium.

Welcome to Revelations, please enjoy your stay!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, the next map is loving miserable (partly) because your new guys are underleveled as hell, but I never realized Hana just has -2 Strength/Skill on top of all that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So it's basically Ashley then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Camel Pimp posted:

It's a touch frustrating that the translators didn't know that her horse is clearly meant to be "Abel" but then again, Fates.

No, I'm pretty sure it's deliberately corrupted in the original so it resembles Abel but isn't either. Ace is the one where they didn't get the reference.

• Locked thread