Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
wow does the writing not make this a balanced choice.

Do you want to go with the side who kidnapped you as a child, has an evil king that tried to kill you, and has siblings that just keep making excuses for their father being a monster, and do what he wants while rationalizing it as the least bad option?

Or do you want to go with your biological family, who are not the aggressors in this situation, have mostly treated you well, and most importantly are not ruled by a maniac who has tried to kill you for daring to show mercy?

I'm curious to see the Conquest choice though, to see how the Hoshidans react to Corrin choosing the other side. Are they just as delusional in their reaction, or do they at least understand that Corrin is an adult who can make his own drat choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I would appreciate it if Zola DIDN'T betray Corrin, but the game writing is clearly not good enough for that to be the case. Of course the creepy enemy dude is going to inevitably betray them. but, ugh, it's so obnoxiously telegraphed. Not to mention, if he wasn't going to betray Corinn, he'd be a unit in battle by now. Game mechanics give it away as much as anything. bad writers, bad bad writers.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

the thing that bugs me about all of the Nohrians is that they don't seem to respect Corrin. They absolutely refuse to understand what he did, and treat him like a child, or maybe a pet.
I am kinda predisposed to dislike the Nohrian royals, because I don't like when media makes excuses for people that choose to follow evil people. at best the Nohrians are enablers. well, and Elise appears to just be a moron.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

the writing has really made Elise seem....special. I gathered pretty early that she was actually an adult. but her behavior is clearly "mentally 8 years old at best". so everything she says makes more sense if she's developmentally delayed.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Space Bat posted:

Maybe my perception of anime is out of whack but all of the non-kids looks like adults to me. It seems Elise is just written to be immature and childish, I don't think the localization team wants you to assume she's mentally disabled. While they may have failed at that, is up to debate.

Also I bought Conquest today as a result of this LP. I considered Birthright just because it's easier but I figured it would be nice to get a sneak peek at Conquest. Now to decide if my Corrin's a boy or a girl.

obviously the localization didn't intend that, but that's how it comes off to me. or maybe I hate this anime trope of dumbed-down arrested development girls. It's something lost in translation between Japan and America, I assume, as I guess this type is charming to people in Japan.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Korn

:buddy:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

:3:

Odin and Elise are perfect for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

but really, I'm so excited for this stupidity. And getting to actually understand the sure-to-be-moronic lore. :allears:

• Locked thread