Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fixed, but seriously guys it's Birthright Hard. This ain't Conquest where there's actual consequence to using bad units without greatly expending resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

First business here is to get a new building up and running. Mess Hall gives buffs to half the team via cooking, but that's not needed for now. Lottery Shop time!

Main reason is because the more opportunities for free stuff, the better.

Drats. Got a Pearl which is forging material, but I don't have a forge yet. Still, better than food I guess.

EAT, FISH DRAGON THINGIE

Wait, how

Subaki found a Bamboo Yumi-E rank, 4 mt, 10 avoid, 10 crit dodge. 3 worse mt than a bronze yumi, I dunno. Useful if you can't afford bows for some reason.

No, I don't think you can use the Harp Yumi, Silas.

D rank, 6 mt, does Rally RES+4 after battle. An early, situational RES bonus but mages are easy to handle between Kaze and Felicia at this point.

Let's take at our three new recruits

Silas is strong and tanky, and brings with him our first Javelin. The 1-2 melee weapons got heavily nerfed as I mentioned, giving -3 spd when equipped. While Silas is bulky, he ain't that tough enough to wily-nily keep the Javelin equipped at all times.

Orochi gives no fucks about this STR stat. Her bases aren't that spectacular, which is troubling when her only real reliable growths are MAG and RES.

Rat Spirit-E rank, 3 mt, +1 SKL, can't proc stuff like all bronze weapons

Saizo has some solid bases, and brings two new Shurikens.

Brass Shuriken-E rank, 2 mt, can't proc stuff like all bronze weapons, debuffs SKL/SPD -1, DEF/RES -2.

Steel Shuriken-C rank, 7 mt, debuffs -3 STR, DEF/RES -4

Steel Shuriken is absurdly unfair. Almost double the power of an Iron Shuriken, decreases the physical might of any enemy, AND the -3 doubling penalty is reduced because Hoshidan weapon bonus gives +2 SPD to all Shurikens.

We could try and rescue Ryoma and Takumi, but there's new new sidequest that opened up.

Run, Mozu! Please, dear! Run and don't look back!
Mother, no! Take my hand! We'll run together!
GRRAH...HRRGLL!

*Faceless slashes*

Aaarghhhh!
NO! MOTHER!

We've got trouble, all right! This village is under attack by the Faceless.
But this place has been ravaged. We're too late!
No! There must be some survivors. With any luck, some people escaped, but if there's even one left here somewhere....Let's get searching, everyone!

Map is just filled with Faceless, though thankfully they're all pretty generic and don't have the nasty stuff like Poison Strike back in chapter 4.

This is real objective of the mission, and unlike Donny who starts joined and requires a level up to be recruited. Mozu just needs to be spoken to by Corrin.

Her stats are still incredibly bad enough to be destroyed by the surrounding Faceless, and they will run at her eventually if I don't hurry up.

Rinkah, Subaki, and Saizo are sitting out because they're the highest leveled people. Gotta take advantage of simple 1 range enemies while I can.

They're all dead...I'm alone. Nowhere to go! And those monsters....They're coming back for me...

These things are giant HP sponges that Kaze and Felicia are mandatory to get anything done in less than 3 attacks.

The worst thing you realize is that Duelist's Blow is making this forecast WAY better than it actually is. A dodge tank is getting 60+ percent chance of getting hit.

Nothing special so far.

The bad thing about Dragon form is that Dragon Fang is just a standard headbutt. Not even fire breath or something different.

How do you keep gaining SPD but not DEF

I specifically chose SPD as your bane

Hana, please for the love of gods just dodge

HANA

WHY

This is sadly probably the only way Hana avoids damage at this point

Hana's only hope at this point is somehow getting a billion HP in a row

Corrin sped past everyone and recruits Mozu.

Waugh! No! My mother...My friends...
I'm here to help. Where are they?
My mother wouldn't take my hand. She's...she's...
I'm so sorry.
But there's no time to grieve. Not now. Stay behind me. I'll keep you safe.

For all my friends! For everything those monsters took from me!

Well, certainly not as chill as Donny that's for sure

The Faceless is bulky in both physical and resistance, though Orochi's meh speed doesn't help.

Scrolls are very cool Fates with the fanciest animation for slinging simple spells. Definitely one of the unique touches Hoshidan stuff has brought over.

Mozu grinning at her opportunity for ULTIMATE REVENGE*

*revenge requires multiple debuffs from Kaze

Orrrr maybe she's not ready for killing just yet.

HP and STR, happy days for everyone!

Felicia also gains a level from chipping away with debuffs. She has obscene MAG and SPD at this point, 15 each.

The party moves on to the remains of the village, where big boss guy is sitting in place.

Orochi's been key for Mozu to get kills because she's safely chipping away at just the right damage thresholds.

Risky as hell. One miss and Mozu's dead.

REVENGE

GODDAMNIT HANA

Um, but what do I do now? They took my mother...My life.
You must have some family near here. We'll be glad to take you there.
There's no one. I couldn't even start over here by myself. All the homes, fields...It's all destroyed. But I wouldn't want to stay here even if it wasn't.

Listen, we'll take you in. We can't replace all those you've lost. But we'll take care of you.
I can join your group?
Yes, but only until we find you a safe place to call home. Our group...a family of sorts...is bound by a dangerous cause. We go from one battle to the next, ever in peril. That's no life for you.
I'm not afraid. I can help. I might even save you or your friends.

Yes, of course. I have to admit, you sound just like one of us already.
I'll do my best. And I'll stay safe. After all, Mother's watching over me now.

Units Joined

Mozu

Class sets: Starts as Villager, Archer
PSkill: Forager-When standing on Mountain, Woods, Waste or Field terrain, the user recovers 20% HP at the start of the turn

Growth Rates (With Aptitude)
HP: 50
STR: 60
MAG: 15
SKL: 70
SPD: 75
LCK: 75
DEF: 55
RES: 40

I'll go over the Villager class as well since Mozu's the only one. Aptitude's been nerfed from Awakening, only giving 10% instead of 20%. Not that it hurts Mozu because her growths are still incredibly good, especially in Fates when growths are usually on the lower side in context.

That said, she's pretty decent once you get past her slow start. Villager is an actual class which has its own promotion branch. The only weakness is that she is a lance user in Birthright, a game absurdly filled with incredible lance users so it's a matter of space and dedication to get her running.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fyi I'm not using a heart seal until basically chapter 13 so all this talk about archer mozu is a long ways away.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Supports

Yes, the "Surveillance Notes—Corrin" on your notebook suggested as much.

I've sometimes wondered if I'm too familiar.

My tactics are beyond reproach.

You remember now, and that's all that matters to me.

Goodness. You make it sound like I've never spoken to you before!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Time to get an armory up and see what's available.

There's a Kodachi for...Hana I guess? Not really a demand for 2 range swords right now, especially when Silas already has access to a Javelin.

A little discount for Shurikens since Kaze is manning the store today. Might as well pick one up since more Steel Shurikens don't hurt.

Tiger Spirit is basically a Steel Scroll.

Sheep Spirit is more of a utility weapon: D rank, 5 mt, +1 DEF/RES, recovers 10 HP when used as an item.

Alrighty, time to head to the next mission.

I can't tell if the Eternal Stairway is a metaphor or the textures can't actually render the steps.

Gods...these stairs seem to go on forever.
Indeed. But what did you expect? This is the Eternal Stairway. Not to worry—we've almost reached the halfway point.
Right. I suppose there is no Five-Minute Stairway we could have taken instead.
Lord Corrin, please be silent for a moment...
Yeah, that fell a bit flat. Sorry.
No, that's not it.
I'm sensing an unusual presence. I think we're being followed.
How is that possible? I haven't seen any signs of life...

Show yourself now if you wish to avoid conflict!

Oh. Sneaky fellas.

Faceless! Where did they come from?
How strange. I expected humans. The Faceless usually aren't this stealthy.
In any case, we have no time to spare. Let's take them out!

Azura, can you please guard Sakura while we deal with this?
Yes, of course.

Azura? With that HP growth?

Be careful, Corrin!
Are you ready, Kaze? Let's do this.

(A blocked attack is heard)

Stand aside or be destroyed!

*More Faceless killed*

All right, just a few more standing...

*A moment later*

Everyone, hold! Something isn't right.

Uh, ya think?

What's the matter, Corrin?
These aren't Faceless—they're people! Gods! What have we done?
I'm afraid you're right. I recognize their clothing. These people are from the Wind Tribe.
I don't understand. A moment ago, this person right here was a Faceless monster!

Who's there? Show yourself at once!

*A man teleports in*

Teleportation is some broken cheating shenanigans

Iago! What have you done?
I didn't do a thing! You're the one who struck down these poor villagers.
Why? What could you possibly have to gain...
Don't you see? This is just the beginning. Now that you're with the Hoshidans, anything is fair game.
Oh, your ignorance does tickle me. Bwahahah!

He's got a point. You are still sorta dumb.

*Teleports off*

He can teleport at will AND make anyone look like an enemy. How the hell does Nohr lose any battle.

And he's gone.
This puts us in an unfortunate position, to say the least. The route ahead takes us thorugh Wind Tribe territory. And we're going to have a hard time explaining what just happened.
Who was that maniac, anyway? Do you know him, Corrin?

I didn't know he was capable of this sort of thing. He probably made US appear to be Faceless to those poor villagers...
Well, he did do us one favor. He revealed himself to us as an enemy. I'm sure we'll have to go through him to get to King Garon.
Yes, I would expect so...

Wait, you expected Iago to be an ally or something...?

The Wind Tribe is in the desert? I expected mountains or something.

We've arrived. This is the Wind Tribe village we must pass through. Lord Corrin, are you certain you want to approach the village directly?
Yes. Trying to sneak around will only makes us seem more suspicious. Surely they'll understand that we mean them no harm.
I'm not as optimistic, but I will trust your judgment.
Ah, it looks as though the decision has been made for us...

Prepare to die.
Please wait! We can explain. It is true that we fought with some of your people. But we were deceived by an enemy from Nohr.
Please. How stupid do you think we are?
This is going well.

The japes run well in the family.

Right. Any ideas?

Sakura! Be careful!
Please forgive us. We are so s-sorry to have hurt your people. But you must understand that they appeared before us as Faceless!
Lady Sakura? You're with these brigands?
Yeah, what's going on here?
Please. You must believe us.
Lady Azura is with them too! Maybe they are telling the truth...

Well, that shows that Mikoto did indeed treat Azura like a daughter if she's as recognized as the actual Hoshidan princess.

Either way, we can't make this decision ourselves. Let's see what Chief Fuga has to say.
Very well. We would be happy to speak with your Chief Fuga.
Speak? Bwahaha! Somehow I don't think that's what the chief will have in mind.
I see...
Be careful, Corrin. I believe your strategy is sage, but... We are putting ourselves in a higly vulnerable position.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. But what choice do we have?

This chapter is a desert gimmick, pretty early as far as Fire Emblem is concerned. So Silas is sorta stifled for now for movement, though he can pair-up and give someone else +1 move.

There's also semi-recruits here. If I talk to Hinoka, the two others join so an Archer and Healer will help out regardless.

PSkill: Divine Retribution-When user doesn’t have a weapon equipped and they sustain damage from an adjacent enemy, the enemy receives half the same damage.

Azama is a relatively beefy healer, with a Hoshidan Mend Staff. He's got kind of a counter ability, but he really shouldn't be hit while being a Monk.

PSkill: Optimist-When user is healed by a staff, they recover 1.5 times the normal HP

Her base stats are pretty drat good when you consider she's only level 3, and her speed in particular is pretty good when most of the units have trouble doubling enemies. That PSkill is essentially useless though.

Hey, it's Hinoka agai-JESUS CHRIST THAT BULK

Oh wait, it's actually her Guard Naginata: C rank, 5 mt, 1 range, +5 DEF/RES. Personally, it's one of the best weapons in the game even among Ryo and Takumi's stuff.

Mini-Vote time

Vote One Off: 1 unit is left out. Corrin is mandatory.

Units: Kaze (8), Sakura (6), Azura (6), Felicia (8), Hana (6), Orochi (6), Silas (7), Mozu (4), Rinkah (7), Subaki (7), Saizo (7)

Vote Seraph Robe: Who gets the permanent +5 HP?

edit: I'm installing the Vaike Rule: Do note vote for a Seraph Robe on a person you're kicking out

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 24, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Supports

I feel like I'm wasting my time even explaining this to you.

The truth is, you're notorious for being a very clumsy person.

To be blunt, I don't trust you.

Hey, it happens to the best of us.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Actually, what's a good poll site without ads beecause my old one is dead and ad ded

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Saizo's out, Rinkah's getting the robe.

I am dumb with strawpoll, how do you make it have more than 3 choices?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Saizo's out for this mission, Rinkah's carrying a Seraph Robe for this mission.

Oh ho! The human mind is weak and malleable. Things change.
Oops.
Setsuna? Have you shrunk about, oh, a foot or so in the last minute?
No. I'm actually sinking in some quicksand.
Mmm? Quicksand at this latitude? How fascinating!
Am I going to die now?
Physically...yes, probably. But your spirit will live on in our memories...
Azama! Why aren't you doing anything to help her? And Setsuna... Why are you so calm? Is this some sort of joke? Gah! I guess I'll have to save you.
Ah. Thank you, milady.
My, my. Lady Hinoka the Hero.
*sigh*

Of course, milady! Although, I am currently without any battle implements, so... I'm afraid I'm at the mercy of your protection.
I think I'm stuck in the quicksand again...
Gods. I knew I couldn't rely on the two of you, but this is worse than I imagined!
Just try and hold it together long enough for us to see this through, all right? Maybe Ryoma and Takumi can help me babysit, once we finally catch up to them...

Just so you know, the royals each have 2 retainers that are basically bodyguards. Except Hinoka. She has two people on weeeeeed.

First order of business is having Corrin use a Dragon Vein to turn sand into regular tiles so I'm not dragging my feet.

Mozu moves in after a Silas poke, and gets to level 5. She gains everything but RES, and noticeably Wind Tribe are much easier than the Faceless for her.

The next turn is bolstering my ranks with three more party members.

I could ask you the same question, Corrin.
Yes, well... A lot has happened. I thought you were in the capital.
Yes, I was. But I decided to try to catch up to Ryoma and Takumi on their way to Izumo.
Ah. Well, it's good that we met up...but I have some bad news. Ryoma and Takumi are missing. We're trying to track them down.
Missing? Oh gods... They are not the sort of men that simply go missing. What has happened to them, Corrin?
We don't know. And we've run into a few problems of our own along the way...
Yes, I can see that. I thought the Wind Tribe was neutral. Why are we fighting?
It's a long story, but I believe that we'll be able to explain ourselves to the chief. Will you join us? We could certainly use a little help.
Of course!
Although, a LITTLE help is about all you'll get from these two...
What do you mean by that?
Never mind... I'm just happy to have you all on our side. Let's do this!

Continuing on, Rinkah assaults a Diviner with Hana's SPD boost and her PSkill kicking in.

I'm getting pretty lucky with hits so far, though I did plan as if I was going to miss.

I should get a voice clip of Setsuna at some point, because she is seriously hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Silas and Kaze tag team on an Archer to reduce the threats when the enemy attacks again.

Guard Naginata makes Hinoka virtually impervious to most anything but the boss and Archers. Also it looks really cool, with a big, long shield over the weapon itself.

Some quick kills to start off the new turn.

Hana with some low-risk chip damage, gets rewarded with much needed HP.

The Oni Savages are the only real threats to the party, since they have massive bulk and enough speed that the heavy hitters like Silas with Subaki support can't double him.

You must be Chief Fuga. Please, allow me to explain—
No. You must earn the right to explain. Show me that you fight with honor!

FOR HONOR

Hana was too busy flinging bodies to hear that conversation.

Rinkah's PSkill is so incredibly annoying to get working when you need to, unless you have terrible healers. But then, why would you want a bad healer

Silas takes out another Oni Savage thanks to Kaze's new Steel Shuriken.

Pleasant surprised for more SPD. Despite his growths, SPD was always one of Silas's few weakness.

Did I mention how busted Ninjas are in Fates with their super high speed and guard meter synergy

And this is before Poison Strike

I feel like this is some cruel joke.

Hey, Rinkah is still killing fine. Goes to level 8, gains +HP/MAG/SPD/DEF.

Mozu is going to beat up defenseless Shrine Maidens for practice.

That's....nice, Mozu...?

Setuna joins in on the fun, gets to level 4 for +1 STR/SPD/RES.

Orochi snipes a foe to destroy the pair-up and gets to level 7 for +1 MAG/SKL/DES/RES.

Amusingly enough, The Iron doubles the Samurai but not the Steel. Very minuscule SPD difference.

Everyone's gaining HP and DEF today. Not gonna complain.

I don't know why a club and axe act the exact same in the Fates universe, but I love beating up enemies with a big metal stick.

PSkill: Wind Disciple-When user’s HP is not full, Hit rate and Avoid +10

Fuuga is a promoted unit, specially one of Mozu's promotion options. Their utility is basically weapon triangle control, with A sword and B lance/axe.

As far as Fates bosses go, they tend to have custom selection of skills from any class. Sometimes, they even have abilities that are enemy-only. For this encounter, Fuga's main weakness is not having any 2 range weapon which seems like a weird oversight for Fire Emblem. They usually have one.

edit: Nope, Iron Mace is 1-2. I just cheated and never engaged him in melee until the last blow

Which basically means Orochi sniping like a coward and Azura dancing her to safety.

GOING UP IN THE WORLD, TAKING OUT WORLD LEADERS

Quite impressive...

Mozu's now at a point where she can handle herself without too much assistance, which is important because no one besides Corrin can really solo anyway.

Units Joined

Hinoka

Class sets: Starts as Sky Knight, Spear Fighter
PSkill: Rallying Cry-Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage

Growth Rates
HP: 45
STR: 55
MAG: 15
SKL: 50
SPD: 60
LCK: 60
DEF: 35
RES: 20

Nothing gamebreaking, just an incredibly solid Sky Knight with good growths and a great PSkill. Also comes with a Guard Naginata which makes basically any spear user extremely tanky, so you can possibly give it to Silas to get a second decoy going besides Corrin.

Azama

Class sets: Starts as Monk, Apothecary
PSkill: Divine Retribution-When user doesn’t have a weapon equipped and they sustain damage from an adjacent enemy, the enemy receives half the same damage.

Growth Rates
HP: 55
MAG: 30
SKL: 50
LCK: 55
DEF: 40

The gently caress are these growths. I think Azama got confused about Monk and didn't realize it was just a male Shrine Maiden instead of a combat class. Because you know what? He has 70+% HP and STR growth as an Apothecary.

Setsuna

Class sets: Starts as Archer, Ninja
PSkill: Optimist-When user is healed by a staff, they recover 1.5 times the normal HP

Growth Rates
HP: 40
STR: 35
MAG: 0
SKL: 45
SPD: 75
LCK: 5
DEF: 25

Setsuna tells Kaze "I'll show you min-maxing speed!" Look, she will double enemies and that is all she will do. What is with that garbage PSkill, she will never have enough HP that it will be relevant. She gets pretty good once she hits level 10 and gains Quick Draw, but that's a long ways away.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I suppose I shouldn't have underestimated one who carries the sacred Yato blade.
Now, I will gladly hear an explanation for the unprovoked attack on my people.
Yes, of course. Wait—what do you know of my blade?

I learned much about the history of that weapon from him. I also shared concern for its future, which is why it was necessary for me to test you.
Test me? How so?

THE SEAL OF THE FLAMES

In the wrong hands, it could unleash enough power to end the world.
That's why I wanted to see for myself if you are indeed the right person to handle it.
I see. And what of the villagers we wounded?
I already knew that you and your associates were acting in good faith. For what reason would Hoshidan royalty attack a stranger? And then allow her party to be peacefully captured by the stranger's tribe? No, I was well aware that something was amiss.

I mean, that's actually logical in some way

Well, thank you for believing in us. This is the first good news we've had in some time, I'm afraid.
Oh? Please, I would gladly hear your full story. But let us freshen up from the battle and sit down to a proper meal first.
I appreciate the invitation—and believe me, a bit of rest and a meal are what we need... But we're in search of Lord Ryoma and Lord Takumi.
We haven't a moment to spare.
I see. Then you must be on your way. Best of luck.

*A moment later*

Yes. I'm glad to know we can still count the Wind Tribe among our friends.
I'm still puzzling a bit over what Fuga said about my blade. Do you know anything about the Seal of Flames?
No. But I found it curious that he described "linking" the seal. Could there be more than one Seal of Flames? If so, could there be more than one sacred blade out there? It is a troubling idea. What if our enemies already possess a similar weapon?
Right. That is a troubling thought. But let's focus on the problems in front of us before inventing new ones.
You're right, Corrin. I suppose I'm getting carried away.
Perhaps we've spoken too soon. Here comes Chief Fuga, and he appears to be in a hurry.

How can we help you, Chief? Is everything OK?
Yes, yes, thank you. It occurred to me that we might be able to make a mutually beneficial arrangement. You are in need of all the men and women you can get. And we have a skilled diviner who could use some real-world experience.

That sounds like a kid. Don't give us a kid, we already have one.

His name is Hayato, and he would like to offer his services to your party.

Damnit.

Goddamnit

Um...
I caught that look! Don't think I didn't!
Please! Don't judge him by his youthful appearance. Hayato has mastered a number of unique skills that make him invaluable.
I don't mean to sound conceited, but... You would be lucky to have me on your team.

The audience will determine that

Very well! I certainly won't turn down your assistance at a time like this.
Splendid. I hope he makes a valuable addition to your team. And as for you, Hayato, I'm glad to finally be able to offer you this chance to travel.

Of course. It's just that Hayato has not had much opportunity to leave the village. In addition to helping you, he will be exploring the world for the first time.
I see. I think I understand exactly how he feels. After all, I spent most of my childhood locked in a Nohrian castle.
Well, then I'm sure you two will have a lot to talk about. And I trust you'll take good care of our Hayato.

Wait, what would they talk about. "Hey, I've been stuck in one place all my life." "Yeah, me too." "Good talk."

You're right, you're right. I must admit that I still feel a bit protective at times...
Dad! I mean...Chief! Lord Corrin, he's not my dad. He's just looked after me since I was a child.
It's OK. I understand. Anyway...we should get going. Welcome aboard, Hayato. And thank you for everything, Chief Fuga.
No need to thank me. Please feel free to come back here anytime you'd like. I'm proud to have met the one whom the sacred Yato chose. We shall meet again.

OF COURSE HE'S LEVEL 1 :argh:

Units Joined

Hayato

Class sets: Starts as Diviner, Oni Savaga
PSkill: Pride-When user’s Level is lower than the enemy’s (promoted units count as Level +20), damage +3

Growth Rates
HP: 50
STR: 35
MAG: 55
SKL: 40
LCK: 65
DEF: 40
RES: 30

Hayato is basically your Est trainee character with good growths at a low level, with some reliable HP growths considering Fates. He's like Azama in being in a magical class but has way better physical growths, since being an Oni Savagae bumps up his HP and DEF to absurdly high levels.

Class Overview: Archer, Diviner

Archer

Pair-up Bonus: +2 STR/SKL/SPD
Weapon rank: Yumi (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Skill +2
(lvl 10) Quick Draw-When user triggers the battle, damage +4

Archers got both an obvious and subtle buff in Fates. They give SPD instead of DEF for pair-ups, Quick Draw is amazing, the weapon triangle are great for tackling Hidden Tools which are the new best best weapons, and Bows are the strongest weapon types. I'm not kidding, Iron Yumi's are 3 mt higher than the other iron weapons, even Clubs.

The greatest advantage perhaps is that the average Archer is very speedy so they can double reliably, and they take good advantage of the 100% guaranteed dual attacks with positioning.

Diviner

Pair-up Bonus: +3 MAG/SPD
Weapon rank: Scrolls (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Magic +2
(lvl 10) Future Sight-When user triggers the battle, Luck% chance of gaining double experience when user defeats the enemy

Diviners oddly give as much SPD pair-up bonus as a Sky Knight or Ninja, so they're sneaky good supports for slower units. Future Sight is weird, and RNG-based if your scroll users stay on par or out-level your party. Nothing else special about them besides that Scrolls themselves have a lot of amazing stat buffs for equipping them.

(All translations by kantopia)

Tae fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

It should've been you in Hoshido all those years—basking in the sunlight!

I don't think I'd be able to change my ways.

I know all about your facade.

I've...I've seen something terrible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

You have so much bloodlust.

Your mother was truly unique

I'm so happy to hear that they're praising me!

*Lots of stammering*

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If anyone was in the Awakening thread, fire off any suggestions if voting for units can be changed instead of the usual "List literally every unit" method. I want to streamline this for the eventual point when characters can't keep up to be viable choices

Well technically they can be viable, but they'll end up being stuck to someone's butt for support pairs at that point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The main problem is that fates gives you basically all the characters by chapter 13 not counting kids while the console games spread them out way more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Raider Naginata-E rank, 5 mt, 1 range, +3 doubling speed, strips enemy on weapon advantage

A bit weaker than an Iron, Raider weapons are basically the best beginner weapons because they can proc abilities but more importantly, enable easier doubling. The strip thing just blows up enemies clothes into their boxers.

Decorations like Hoshidan Glade are free and are there to pretty up your MyCastle.

When you press the left shoulder button, you go into a stationary 3rd person view of the land, which is a cool thing.

But today, there's multiple choices on what to build. Prison is a new one, which is fueled by Orochi's PSkill that lets her capture most enemy grunt units and some bosses.

The other is Accessory Shop which is built now.

It's basically silly things to blow precious materials on to make battles and cutscenes funnier. Unfortunately all I can get is the free Oni Mask, the thing that Rinkah wears on her head.

Time to head to Izumo, an actual Kingdom apparently.

Fancy!

We're finally here. Izumo.
It's beautiful. I had no idea...
Yes. Some call this place the kingdom of the gods.
Even when other kingdom are at war. Izumo has remained neutral. It almost seems...too good to be true.
Who's there?
Ho! Visitors from Hoshido. We seek information about two of our friends who may have passed this way.
Will you please give us permission to enter your territory?
Ah, Lady Azura. Of course. People from the kingdom of Hoshido are always welcome within our borders. I'll notify the palace, and someone will be with you shortly.
Thank you.

Mikoto lets Azura travel as far as a neutral kingdom. That's definitely a big difference from daddy murder king.

Excuse me, before you go... We're looking for Lord Ryoma and Lord Takumi. We believe they were involved in a battle near your borders. Do you have any information about them?
A battle...around here? No, I don't think so.
Really? Nothing?
Sir, Izumo has been a neutral territory for many generations. There's simply no way a battle could have been staged around here. Ah, it seems we're ready to welcome you. Please, come this way.
Very well. (Azura, do you think he's telling the truth? How could they have not known about a battle around here?)
(I don't know, Corrin. This all feels a little strange. Let's proceed with caution.)

Corrin with suspicion???

"Look, Hinoka! I have red hair like you!"

Just wait around until someone arrives?
Yes. This is probably just a bit of formal grandstanding. I've heard that Archduke Izana likes to make people wait a few m-minutes.
Well, as long as he eventually shows up with some answers for us...

*Someone walks in*

Wow, is that the archduke? He looks so...serene!
I've never met him, but I think it must be. And you're right about his looks. He's almost oddly calm...
This is actually making me nervous...
Welcome.
Lord? Archduke Izana? May I call you Lord?

Liam 'O Brian, what are you doing here

Can I get you anything fizzy or bubbly? Or anything wibbly or wobbly? Heehee!
Um...
He's a little different than I expected...
Oh, pardon me, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Archduke Izana! Voted best hair in Izumo five years running! I'm so happy to have some visitors from Hoshido. Now, what kind of weird stuff do y'all like to get into back in the homeland?
No, never mind, we'll get into all that later.
Let's just sit back and relax and put on some slippers for now, right? Am I right?
Um, yes. You're right. Than you.

Are you aware of a recent battle between Hoshido and Nohr in this area?
A recent battle? Ha! Not likely! And I'd be the first one to know about it. You know, 'cause I'm the archduke. Giddyup! Haha!
I see.
Maybe we're in the wrong place...
Now hold on just a minute, partner. You're in the rightest place of all. Izana's house!
But now that you mentioned a battle, I do see that some of you are wounded. Gosh, we can't have that, can we? Not with all the resources I have here.
Guys, we've got some great healers and doctors in my kingdom.

Excellent. We certainly could use a little bit of rejuvenation. Of course, we can't stay long, but it seems wise to heal our wounds while we can.
Perhaps...
Well, I won't take no for an answer. Let's get started with treatments right away! Come on, everyone, let's head over to the spa.
Thank you, Archduke.
Ooh, what do we have here? You look pretty banged up, little lady!
And your friend—Corrin, was it? Well, you're looking a bit frazzled as well. Tell you what. I've got something special in mind for the two of you. Deep restorative healing is what I call it. It mends the body and soothes the mind. Whaddaya say?
Just the two of us?
I'm not sure we're the only ones with significant wounds... But perhaps we should just play along.
Come on, guys! The hot towels won't stay hot forever!
Hmm...

*A moment later*

I wonder what all of these sharp-looking devices are for...

Come on, you were like kinda smart a while ago.

Welcome.
Archduke, are we in the right place? This is the deep-relaxation chamber?
Oh yes. You will go to sleep literally forever in this room. It's our execution chamber! Heehee!
Wait a minute!

*Enemy reinforcements arrive*

What are you playing at, Izana? This is not funny.
Well, we haven't even reached the punchline yet. I'm not Izana. Boom.

*Izana goes in a puff of smoke*

Dude, he barely remembers Silas. You got no chance.

Or don't you remember me?
I'm Zola! Dark mage of Nohr.
Am I supposed to be impressed? I don't care who you are. All I care about is what you've done with Izana.
What? Why would you care about that creep? I'm the one who's finally captured the famous Corrin! I'm the one who matters!
Anyway, good luck getting yourself and Princess Sakura out of THIS! Heehee!

*Corrin moves in front*

What are you going to do? There are too many of them...

I dunno, I bet he can take them on with Dragon mode and Sakura's PSkill...

Prepare to die!
Here we go...

No! Idiots! What are you doing?

*Enemies unveil themselves*

This is some healing treatment our hosts have arranged for us, eh?
Hinoka! How did you know?

Because she is used to dealing with the unpredictable.

This can't be happening...
Very impressive, Lady Hinoka. You were right on all counts.
I, too, had my doubts about this situation. Thank you for acting on your instincts, Hinoka.
I'm so glad you guys are here.

No matter. I still have enough power to defeat you. The joke is still on you!
Your supposed archduke acted a buffoon. No royalty would behave like that.
Precisely.
How dare you! My impression was flawless. Move forth, men. Take them out!
Get ready, everyone. We've still got a fight on our hands.

A bit cramped here. Fun fact, this was shown in the debut trailer of Fates way back when.

The trailer had Hana attacking solo which was...bold.

VOTE TIME: Vote OUT 4 characters.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12419312

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

Oh! Every morning we wake up with the same bedhead

I wouldn't expect anything less of an unenlightened person.

I'm the most motivated gal around the castle.

It's basically your responsibility now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Raider weapons' biggest problem is that they have rear end for accuracy, which is a problem when the only thing the babied unit needs to do is hit the target

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

It's so bitter my tongue has gone numb in self-defense!

Well, if you want them that badly, go ahead and take everything.

And haven't you heard the rumor about us?

It's a special kind of battle, called Predator.

Voting will end soon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

Fates NOT about fighting!

You're being melodramatic again, Kaze.

P-please stop squirming!

Traps and I are destined for each other.

Voting end. Hayato, Hana, and Subaki are out. Felicia is out on tie-breakers with two Ninjas and two Healers already on the team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hayato, Subaki, Felicia, and Hana are out for this mission. Nothing too wild for inventory switching besides giving Silas the Armorslayer.

I got annoyed here because Corrin killed him with Dragon Fang and stealing EXP.

It's good that Mozu is fast enough to double on her own. This is actually not as common as you would think among the party! Orochi cleaned up afterwards.

Silas is going to be key for this mission, being able to one-shot a lot of pesky enemies with Rinkah's help.

Mozu won't be as powerful as Donny, but her fighting ability before level 10 is drastically better at least.

That Bamboo Yumi is really pulling its weight with the great accuracy on it.

Corrin and Kaze are going to plug up this hole at the bottom so the team doesn't get three-way assaulted in.

Also they're there to get easy access to some new guests next turn.

I guess that whole "neutral kingdom" thing isn't working out for 'em anymore. Anyway...do you see Lord Takumi anywhere? I didn't get much info out of those Nohrian soldiers.

Bah. You would have done the same thing, and you know it. I'll tie up as many people as I need to track down Lord Takumi.
Whatever. I just wish you were the one missing.
Then it would just be me and Lord Takumi relaxing in an Izumo sauna...
Ugh! Keep it to yourself!
Anyway, we've got some work to do. Maybe these guys can lead us to Lord Takumi.
You're right. I can't stand these Nohrian scum. If they've done ANYTHING to harm our master...I don't know what I'll do.
OK, OK, get ahold of yourself. If you kill all of them on a bloody rampage, then where will we be?
You're right. I will decimate them with calculated efficiency...but spare a few.
Let's go!

You know, it's a pretty bad thing in hindsight that Orocohi is the most sane Retainer.

The most annoying thing about these two is that you have to talk to them individually with Corrin. I guess it's because they don't currently have their master?

Man, Shurikens should not be doing that much damage against relatively bulky units.

Mozu, I get it. You can kill stuff.

Setsuna powering up more kills, this time for a double level-up

Good job Silas. Jesus christ, Setsuna. How.

Orochi doing chip damage to a Cav gave her a chip level. Like...goddamnit.

Time for some new crew members

Not a good start.

Hold! I'm with Hoshido!
Wait...who are you? You seem familiar.
I'm Corrin. And who are you?
Oh! Lord Takumi's brother! It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Oboro, Lord Takumi's retainer.
Have...have you seen him? We can't find him anywhere!
No. But we're hopeful that he's not far from here. We could use your assistance tracking him. Will you join us? I only ask that you...temper your zeal for killing Nohrian moderately.
Yes, of course. It's just...every time I see one of those evil jerks... I just...start to rage!
GRRRRRR!
But, if I keep my thoughts focused on my dear Takumi. I can control myself. I'll do my best to assist you, Lord Corrin.

In between, Kaze kills off the remaining bottom Cavalier. Gets good defensive stats, some strength, and finally gets Poison Strike. Makes up for that disappointment from Setsuna and Orochi.

Lord Corrin! You don't know who I am?
I'm afraid not. Should I?
Ha! Probably. The name’s Hinata. I'm Lord Takumi's retainer.
Unfortunately, we became separated on the battlefield. We're doing everything we can to track him down, but we're running out of ideas.
Will you help us find him?
Yes, of course. That's why we're all here, too. It looks like we must be on the right track. since we've all arrived at the same location.
Thank you, Lord Corrin. It's big of you to put aside your differences and help us find Takumi.
Especially after some of the things he's been saying...

Why, why did he say

PSkill: Nohr Enmity-When engaging a Nohr-related enemy, damage +3
Seal Defense-After battle, enemy’s Defence -6
Swap-Select the “Swap” command to swap places with an adjacent ally on the map

It's not an exaggeration that Oboro is one of the best units in Birthright with an ability that straight up gives extra damage to 99% of the enemies.

Spear Fighter is also a relatively tanky class with one of the best skills in the game in Seal Defense. Throwing Oboro out with Guard Naginata to severely weaken an army is a powerful strategy.

PSkill: Triple Threat-When user is under half HP, half the damage received by Swords, Lances or Axes is also dealt to the enemy

Hinata is interesting. He is a low strength...tanky samurai? It's really weird, because Katanas naturally lower his DEF, but he already has one of the biggest bulk on the team with his HP.

Specialized weapons like Armorslayer get a penalty if they don't hit their specific targets. I think -4 mt, -10 hit.

The upside is that the damage is tripled which basically instant-kills that specific target.

Rinkah's at an awkward line where she takes a decent amount of damage, can't dish out that much, and her speed is not so high that she doubles anyone but Knights with SPD supports. The problem with being a "speedy tank" is that Guard Naginata exists to fill that niche and Hinata just joined.

Saizo with some chip damage, gains a level.

So there's these Thieves that have been running since the mission started and gun straight for the treasure chests on both sides. I didn't mention it because they take so long to open them, and then spend another 5 turns or so towards the team to try and escape.

A lot of this turn is spent on cleaning up this clutter of Knights and Thieves.

Reinforcements start arriving, with Mages on the left and Cavaliers on the right.

Popping an HP Tonic to trigger her PSkill is still probably the best way to go with her.

Orochi with Hinata's help will basically take on the Mage reinforcements, with some healing in between waves.

Kaze hunts down the money Thief, dropping a cool 6k for some funds.

Setsuna and Silas snipe the other Thief down for 1000 gold and a Speedwing.

Meanwhile, Orochi is trucking along with her solo adventures.

Setsuna's been key with Hinoka support to bait out the Mages hiding behind that Knight/Thief pair-up. Once they're dead, Silas cleans up with the Armorslayer.

I would call that a successful level. HP could be better, but eh HP Tonic. More importantly, he learned Shelter which will let me do riskier Dancing/Healing maneuvers without putting them in danger.

I should probably actually show the boss since he's all that's left. Mjolnir is scary, since it's a killer Tome and he has decent stats to back it up.

Oh.

Urgh...What was I thinking....

More strength is always good. And I got my first Master Seal....when no one is over level 12.

Units Joined

Oboro

Class sets: Starts as Spear Fighter, Apothecary
PSkill: Nohr Enmity-When engaging a Nohr-related enemy, damage +3

Growth Rates
HP: 45
MAG: 20
SKL: 55
SPD: 55
LCK: 45
DEF: 50
RES: 35

Look up in the dictionary for "Solid" and you'll find Oboro. Good growths, great class in Spear Fighter, excellent PSkill, and already starts in C rank Lances when most of the group is still in the E to D range.

Hinata

Class Sets: Starts as Samurai, Oni Savage
PSkill: Triple Threat-When user is under half HP, half the damage received by Swords, Lances or Axes is also dealt to the enemy

Growth Rates
HP: 65
STR: 45
MAG: 20
SPD: 35
LCK: 60
DEF: 45
RES: 25

So, Hinata is really weird. He has high HP growth, okay STR growth, really good DEF growth (Samurai adds nothing to it), but poo poo SPD and SKL. His whole plan is basically take an attack with his gob of HP and get enough counter-attacks via Vantage to win.

I mean, that sounds cool and good except Oboro joined in the same map that does the same gameplan but better for the whole team. Great bases though, and starts off with C Swords.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 27, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Felicia randomly there.

Now tell us where you're keeping Izana!
*cough* *cough* Urk... No...
What do you mean, no? You're beaten!
Oh my. How naive you are. What a sheltered life you've lived! I'd rather die than give you ANYTHING. Luckily, I won't have to.
PAH!

*cough* *cough* He's using some kind of a smoke screen!
Bingo! Until next time, fools!

*Zola runs away*

Wait...is that....

GYAAAH!
Ow, ow, ow... What are you doing? Let me go!

It's Treo!

Leo! What are you doing here?
Ah, Zola. You've embarrassed our kingdom for the last time.
Milord! Please, you don't mean that... I was just attempting to preserve my dignity.
Dignity? What would you know about that? You're done here.
Gyaaaah! Nooo...

Zola is a monster. I'm going to make the world a better place.
But he's one of your own! I refuse to believe you'd harm a fellow Nohrian.

Uh...aren't you killing Nohrians like crazy

Why should I listen to a traitor like you? You abandoned us! You have no right to tell me what to do!
Leo...please.
Ugh, fine! Keep this pitiful fool if you like him so much. Good-bye, Corrin. When the time is right, you'll pay for what you've done.

*Leo leaves*

Dude, you burned way too many bridges to say that at this point.

I've never seen such a display of power.
Yes... Lord Leo is a gifted dark mage. He's feared and respected in Nohr.
He's certainly changed since the time I spent there. The Leo I remember was kind and curious. Even clumsy at times. I wonder what happened to him...

You ever thought he was always that way and you only saw him on vacation...?

*Later that day*

No, better idea—an all-night party! We'll wear pajamas and eat bonbons. Let's get started! Izana in the house!
Is...is this still Zola?
No...but I think we underestimated Zola's Izana impression.
Um, Archduke Izana, before we get to the bonbons, I have a few questions. Have you witnessed any nearby conflicts involving the Nohrians?
Oh, yeah. Definitely. What a bunch of party poopers they were.
We were just listening to some music and getting massages.
And then I heard, like, a big explosion or something outside. I went to see what was going on, and they captured me.
I was still wearing my silk pj's!

So we don't exactly have a world-class military force. I don't know what happened after that. I was in my own jail.
Luckily, I previously had the cell equipped with velvet sheets and scented candles.
Best sleep I've had in weeks!
I'm so sorry you had to, uh, suffer through all that...
Yes. It's despicable for Nohr to take advantage of a neutral realm like this. Archduke Izana, I know you've been confined to a luxuriously appointed cell... But would you happen to know anything about my brothers Ryoma and Takumi?

I did overhear that the battle stretched all the way to the Bottomless Canyon. Maybe they just fell in?
Gods! No!
Get ahold of yourself, Sakura! Your brothers are not the type to accidentally fall into a canyon. We've got to believe that both of them are alive and healthy.
I'm sorry—that was rude of me to speculate like that. It's just that that canyon is totally treacherous! Such a hazard!
Anyway, maybe I can help by reading your fortune.
I'm a bit skeptical of fortune-telling...but this is your kingdom...
Yep! And I'm a descendant of the gods! It really is a pretty sweet deal from me. All right, here we go...

Oh, ancient gods...

I ask that you please answer me.
Oh, I'm getting something!
In the white light, a hand ♪ reaches through... A double edged blade cuts your ♪ heart in two... waking dreams fade away... ♪ Embrace the brand-new day...
Can it be?
Om...
Is that it?
Om...
Hmm.

Oh. That's it?
I'm sorry, but that wasn't very helpful.
Hey, what can I tell you? I don't make the fortunes up—I just read 'em.
Very well. Let's just move on.
Sounds good to me. I'm dying for something bubbly to drink. Who wants to join me in the sauna?
Oh, right. You probably want to hurry off and find your friends. Well, there's no rush. I peeked into their fortunes a little bit just now. And I can tell you that they're both doing OK at the moment.
Are you s-sure? I'd really like to believe that.

Well. Thank you, Archduke Izana, for your hospitality and services as fortune-teller. It is tempting to stay and rest, but we'll leave now in search of our brothers.
I knew it. Oh well! Come back again sometime, and we'll have a toga party.
I don't know what that is, but...OK. Take care.

*Later that night*

Those words were so poetic. "A double-edged blade..." "Embrace the brand-new day..."
Corrin, I must speak with you.
Is everything OK?
Yes. Well, I don't know, actually... It's about that fortune.
It was strange, wasn't it? And a bit haunting, too...

Are you certain? Do you remember the meaning behind the lyrics?
No. It's an ancient song. But this is what troubles me. The lyrics almost seem to speak directly to YOU.
To me? How is that possible?
I don't know. the song has always been a bit of a mystery... But I never thought about trying to solve it until now.
Perhaps it's just a coincidence. Right? I mean, how could someone write a song about me if I hadn't been born... Oh, um...
*sob*
Azura, what's the matter?
I'm sorry... Please forget about all of this.
all right, I'll drop it for now. But don't hesitate to come speak with me about anything. At any time. I'm here for you.
Thank you, Corrin. All right, let's get going, shall we?
Azura?

*Azura leaves*

What was she trying to tell me?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

When I'm around sweets, I can't stop myself!

Really? You seemed anguished over something.

Lady Azura, can you read minds?

It's about the finer points of Nohrian cavalry tactics.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

It's probably the best punchline to all of this; yes, the leader of a neutral region with divine spiritual power is in fact, a colossal dork. I can only imagine how Mikoto and Sumeragi handled Izana in the past.

Mikoto is also a dork if you read the Orochi/Corrin conversation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Setsuna's Yumi-D rank, 7 MT, 55 Hit, 2 range, debuff -4 SKL/DEF/RES

This Yumi can be a really powerful weapon...if you can hit a drat thing with it. It's tied for the lowest accurate Yumi in the game, and it's only as strong as a Brass Yumi.

Pine Branch-D rank, 11 MT, 55 Hit, 1 range, -3 doubling speed

Literally the least accurate Naginata. Sure, it's one of the most powerful but good luck hitting something with it. Especially because between Ninjas and Spear Fighters, a unit's physical defense should not be an issue from this point forward.

Dawn Dragon is an online battle thing that's useless outside of that. It heals the party every turn.

Instead today's the Arena, which lets you bet materials to try and double up on them.

But it doesn't open up immediately, which sucks. Oh well.

This chapter title seems uninspired.

The road ahead seems heavily forested. Is that where we're going?
Yes. It is dense, but there's a path that leads to the Bottomless Canyon. This whole area is the domain of Mokushu, another independent nation. If we encounter any of its citizens, they should be friendly, but...
We would be wise to remember how Nohr compromised Izumo before we arrived.
I wouldn't worry about Nohr strong-arming Mokushu, milady.

Many great ninja have sharpened their craft here.
No, it's likely that Nohr's strategists would have tried to avoid this area. Even if it meant taking the long route.
And we haven't heard about any battles in the area—another good sign.
Very well. Let's proceed.

Why would they be scared, you're the prisoner

Zola! You've been following us! You're massively outnumbered, so you can't possibly be in search of a fight.

You let him go?!?!?

Relax, Corrin.
He probably just came back to offer me a chance to cut him. Wasn't that thoughtful of him.
No! Please! I'm defeated. I did not show up here to challenge all of you by myself. I came here to surrender...and to seek amnesty.
And why should we trust you?

Oh, NOW you're suspicious

Why is everyone breaking the wall

But you saw what Lord Leo was about to do to me.
I can no longer return to Nohr. I am exiled. Without the backing of an army, I am of little danger to you. But maybe I could be of some assistance...
Hmm...

I'm so confused, can't Zola literally mimic anyone perfectly? That seems like literally the perfect power to stay on the down-low and avoid trouble.

Can I cut him yet?
Eeeek! Stay away from me, please!
I think we should bring him with us.
Wait, really?
Yes, really, Corrin?
Yes. As he said, he's of little danger to us by himself. And he may prove to have some value. Lastly, it is not the Hoshidan way to turn one's back on the helpless.
You have a kind heart, Corrin. Perhaps too kind.
Oh, thank you, Prince Corrin! I can't believe I let King Garon convince me that you deserved to die.

You're overreacting, Zola.
And please remember... If any of us catch you doing ANYTHING suspicious... I WILL allow Hinoka to cut you down.
I'll always be standing by, knife at the ready, Corrin. So don't even think about doing anything stupid. You got that?
Yes, milady! (Please don't hurt me...)

*Time passes*

And I have to say. I'm enjoying this path a fair bit more than the Eternal Stairway... Are we getting anywhere close to the Bottomless Canyon, Sakura?
Yes, I believe so.
*sigh*
What's the matter? Are you getting tired?
No... I was just th-thinking about Ryoma and Takumi... Sometimes I forget that they're missing, and then when I remember... It's like a wound is freshly opened.
I know the feeling. But please try to stay positive. Worrying about it isn't going to do anything but drive you crazy.
You're right. I'll do my best!
That's the spirit.
Whoa... Watch out!
Ahhh!

*They dodge a weapon*

Get down, everyone!
This belongs to a Mokushu ninja.
I sense the presence of many... I believe we're surrounded, Corrin.
Blast! So much for Nohr staying away from Mokushu.
I'm not sure we're dealing with Nohr...
I think she's right. I know that Nohr wants no fight with the kingdom of Mokushu.
How convenient. Come here, runt.

Not until you tell us what's going on.
Gah! Your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps Nohr has made an alliance with Mokushu.

Who are you?
I am Kotaro, daimyo of Mokushu.
And what is your quarrel with is, Daimyo Kotaro? We merely seek passage through your territory.
Yes. Our understanding was that Mokushu is an independent nation. Yet you are now beholden to Nohr?
Beholden? Pah! Mokushu is beholden to no nation. Our interests simply happen to line up with those of Nohr for the time being.
Once Hoshido is defeated, King Garon will grant us considerable new territory. We've long been waiting for the chance to expand. And this war is the perfect opportunity.
So you're a war profiteer. How noble.

I don't even have words for how disappointing that is.
And even if you did, it wouldn't make a difference. Grow up, foolish Hoshidans. Only the ambitious prosper in this world.
It was careless of us not to think of this possibility.
Indeed! Now that I have you all in one place, I can end the war today. I look forward to building a castle on the smoking ruins where Hoshido once stood.
Go on, keep talking. I'll savor making you eat those words.

drat. That's a lotta ninjas.

Class Overview: Oni Savage, Spear Fighter

Oni Savage

Pair-up Bonus: +4 STR, +2 DEF
Weapon rank: Clubs (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Seal Resistance-After battle, enemy’s Resistance -6
(lvl 10) Shove-Select the “Shove” command to push an adjacent ally 1 tile

Oni Savage are big and physical and are supposed to be sponges. Why Rinkah is your first unit that defies a lot of this, I don't know. They give great bonuses to other physical classes, though.

Spear Fighter

Pair-up Bonus: +2 STR/SKL/SPD
Weapon rank: Clubs (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Seal Defense-After battle, enemy's Defense -6
(lvl 10) Swap-Select the “Swap” command to swap places with an adjacent ally on the map

Spear Fighter is just incredibly well-rounded. Good support bonuses, swap is okay, and Seal Defense is absurdly amazing in a class that has access to Guard Naginata. Very few enemies can survive more than 2 rounds against a Spear Fighter, regardless of how tough they are.

:siren: Vote 6 out. Stats are HERE

http://www.strawpoll.me/12433007

Voting will end in a day or so.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 28, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bench.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

How can you be so narcissistic?

You're the one who enjoys belittling people.

Is it really just the two of us?

You're a fashion disaster!

Voting will end soon. Voters do not like the weeeeeeeeeeed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

Work your butt off? Hopefully not literally...

Takumi- well, he's oblivious.

Don't you try and lie to me!

Hey, heretic! Wait up!

Vote's over. Subaki, Hayato, Azama, Setsuna, Hana, and Hinata are out. Silas will get ALL the swords. No one will use the bows.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

Anyway, I really hope you have Saizo fight the boss (not necessarily solo, but still); like I said, it's for Reasons (which I am using as shorthand for "I have beaten Birthright and know how this goes, but am forbidden from going into detail because of spoilers").

Maybe please calm down on the wink wink, it's kinda annoying

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Azama, Setsuna, Hinata, Hana, Subaki, and Hayato are out. I'm starting to think Hayato might not see battle ever in this LP

With all the Samurai out, Silas gets to horde all the swords. All of them.

First kill goes to Orochi with Rinkah softening the target up.

Oboro is going to be a key part in this mission, being able to soak up tons of damage with the Guard Naginata and weakening the enemies to be one-turn killable next turn.

But here comes the gimmick of this mission: bamboo spikes. They deal about 10% hp loss a turn to the team, but it can't kill, so it's just annoying more than actually threatening.

Seal Defense can make even Felicia hit like a truck. (Lvl 9->+1 SKL/LCK/DEF/RES)

Dragon Corrin with Felicia's PSkill will be the 2nd key part of adsorbing all the aggro while taking very little damage himself. (lvl 12->+1 STR/LCK/DEF/RES)

The terrain's changed once the traps were triggered, although now I'm curious how they keep getting hurt by it. It's not exactly still hidden.

Saizo, please stop gaining magic

Reinforcements!

Wait...is that who I think it is?
Ungh...
Takumi! Over here!
Brother!
I'm so happy to see you again, Brother!

*An arrow flies by*

Gah! What's wrong with you? That arrow almost hit me!
Takumi, what are you doing?!
Kill...
Um...
I should have been the chosen one...
This is creepy...
*sob* Takumi... What h-happened to you?

But I am more powerful than they can imagine!
What are you saying? Snap out of it, Takumi!
Ughhhh... I will not stand in the shadows any longer... They will all see me for the first time! I will make them pay for what they've done. I will make them...I will make them...
DIE!
Takumi?!

Psst, I think he's got some issues or something

Look at the color of his eyes... Could it be? There's only one way to find out. I'll have to sing to him...

So if you remember Kellam, he was a recruitable character that was infamous for people outright missing to recruit him. This is like that, except if Kellam was literally one of the most powerful characters and especially made the current mission a million times easier.

Super Arrow Kellam, if you will.

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.
Takumi...listen to me.
You... You are...
It doesn't matter. I'm someone who can help. You're being controlled by a dark force. This is not who you are! You don't have to give in. You can survive this!
Listen carefully...

Gray Ocean Waving Time powers!~

Ugh...
Gyaaaaah!

(The melody continues while rings of light emerge from Takumi)

Takumi, can you hear me now?
Ohhhh...
Azura? Is that you?
Yes, it's me! Oh, thank goodness.
Uh...where am I?
Unfortunately, we're right in the middle of a battle. I don't really have time to explain. Are you in any condition to defend yourself?
I...I think so. I feel OK.
Very well. Just remember..

I believe in you, Takumi.
Um, OK...
That's the Takumi I remember. Now, come on! You'll need to focus to make it through this battle. *leaves*

I thought you were supposed to help him be less confused

Wait! Azura! Ugh, I'm still a bit woozy. So many questions...
I guess I'll just have to stay alive to get them answered.

So Takumi's finally on the team, officially. Lot of false alarms for him before. And don't worry too much if you for some reason didn't bring Azura, he joins afterwards with basically the same scene happening.

How good is he, though?

Oh right. He just straight up deletes enemies.

Rinkah Smash

Delete

Mozu not quite fast enough to double Ninjas even with Hinoka's help, but strong enough thanks to Oboro.

A rare Yato sighting, both to kill in one turn and build up a free guard defense.

Note Corrin and Oboro's HP under their sprites. Still pretty healthy despite constantly being pelted by debuffs and 3-4 soldiers each.

Delete.

I know Sky Knights give RES, but not THAT much Res.

Kaze got bored supporting Oboro and wants some blood himself.

Kaze is almost Rinkah's HP total despite a Seraph Robe lead. Weird.

Takumi is bored of ninja meat. Now he wants the ribs of fellow Archers

Silas got 99 swords but only 1 lance that'll actually hit

Out of the way!

Still a few ninjas left, and the mages honestly aren't a threat at this point.

I know her HP growth is bad, but man that 26 is so bad. She learns Shove which will...do stuff I guess.

Takumi is deceptively durable, at least against physical attacks. Keep him the hell away from mages.

Hinoka is sneaking around at the top to get to that treasure chest behind the boss.

Once you get far enough to the right, a stream of mage and archer reinforcements come from the middle entrance.

An aerial Shuriken slap gets Felicia to lvl 10, now with absurdly high MAG.

Orochi is going to camp out in this place for some free EXP while Corrin's group inches towards the boss.

Defenseless Shrine Maidens are nutritious for growth

Meanwhile, Mozu is busy killing actual threats that can fight back. She learns Underdog which was blah in Awakening and not that much better in Fates.

Magic...more magic. She's going to get doubled by the average enemy very soon at this rate. She's learned Future Sight, so I guess pray that she gets a lot of bonus EXP to get her out of trouble?

Free Rescue Staff. Woot.

Dual X weapons are like Reaver weapons of the past, where they reverse the weapon triangle and double the bonuses/penalties of it.

Perhaps I'll name one of the latrines in my new castle in your honor.

He keeps gaining speed, I don't understand

So I just want to inform you that the support conversations for Fates were outsourced to a different team of writers. So what you'll see gets really confusing when it's brought up again

I answer to no one. Who are you to suggest otherwise?
I am Saizo the Fifth, servant to the Hoshidan royal family.
Saizo...that's familiar. I believe I've murdered others of your pitiful lineage.
You—! How dare you! My father was an honorable man.
Honorable? Maybe. Weak? Definitely.
That balding old fool had the audacity to lecture ME! So naturally...I put an end to his life.
I knew you were the one responsible for his death. Coward!
Bwahaha! Isn't this a stroke of luck? To fell both father and son with the same blade... How poetic!
I'm about to rewrite your poem...
Please. If you're anything like your father, you won't land a single blow!

Ugh... *cough* *cough* *gurgle*
Fitting. Father, you are avenged.

Brutal. But hey, free Kodachi.

Are you just gaining MAG to spite me now

Oh right. This is a rout mission, meaning everyone has to die. Sorry, girl

W-winner....?

Units Joined

Takumi

Class sets: Starts as Archer, Spear Fighter
PSkill: Competitive-When user is the lead unit and their Level is lower than their support unit’s Level, Critical rate +10, damage +3 and damage received -1

Growth Rates
HP: 60
STR: 50
SKL: 75
SPD: 55
LCK: 50
DEF: 45
RES: 20

Takumi kills things. Real well. Excellent growths, an amazing weapon that lets him breeze through terrain like hot butter, and is the answer to Fates biggest problem which are Ninjas. Why would you ever switch him to Spear Fighter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah. Don't ever do that again, OK?
Whoa, guys! Stop crying. You're making me all embarrassed.
I don't care. We didn't know if we'd ever see you again. And then when you showed up all weird like that...
Yeah. We didn't know if you'd ever be the same Takumi we know and love again.
Well, it's definitely me guys. Thank you for your concern. And I'm sorry I made you all worried.

It wasn't looking good for us for a while there...
Lord Takumi! Now that you're back, we'll never let anything happen to you again!
It's good to have you back, Takumi.
But as much as I would like to savor this moment. Ryoma is still missing. Can you tell us anything about what happened to you two?
Yeah. It was insane. We ran into Nohrian troops just outside Izumo and began fighting. Ryoma and I were separated in the early stages of combat, before we had to retreat. We were outnumbered...and pushed to the brink of the Bottomless Canyon.
So we still have no idea where he is...
No, I'm afraid not. Something triggered a massive landslide, and I was caught up in it. That's how I fell into the canyon.

"Did you also have a magical transforming dragon that took you to an alternate dimension?!" "The what now"

I've never heard of anyone returning from there before.
I...I have no idea. All I remember is falling. There was a period of darkness, and then I woke up here.
Well, I'm just glad to have you back. It's a miracle you survived a fall like that!
So, um, can anyone tell me how I ended up here? Or what, exactly, I was doing before I woke up just no?
It's best you don't worry about it for now. Just get some rest.
No, I need to know. My Fujin Yumi was in my hand when I came to. And some of you have wounds in your backs...
Well...

Takumi...you must have been under some sort of spell. You stumbled out of the woods and started attacking our party. Please, try not to worry about it. We know it wasn't really you.
Oh, what have I done? A prince attacking his own men? How can I show my face in Hoshido again?
Please! Someone...or something...was controlling you. We know you were not in your right mind.
That's small comfort right now, I'm afraid.
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but all that matters now is that we're all here.
Will you join us in the search for Ryoma? Perhaps something along the way will jog your memory. Can we count on you?

Of course. We must move forward—not dwell on the past.
Thank you, Corrin. I also need to thank you...Sister.
Oh! You called me—
I mean...you're quite welcome, Takumi.
Ahem... *cough* *cough*
Is everything OK, Azura? You don't look well.
I'm fine. I think I'm just a bit tired. Please, don't worry about me. I'll be better in no time.
If you say so.

*Later, the group is in a cave*

Our forces rescued Kagero from an underground prison nearby.
Welcome back, Kagero.

Welcome back! Are you all right?
Do you know what happened to Ryoma?
Yes. But I'm afraid—
No! Ryoma could not have fallen to the Nohr army. It isn't possible!
No! Brother... *sob* *sob*
I can't believe he's gone...
We will build a monument to his glory when we return home...
Please, if you would allow me to continue.

But? You said you were afraid of something.
S I was going to say I'm afraid I don't know exactly where he is. After being separated from Lord Takumi, Lord Ryoma met with a Hoshidan scout. The scout informed him of a new civil strife in Nohr. Ryoma departed at once in the direction of Cheve.
Cheve...so he's on his way to Nohr right now!
I can only assume so. I was given the order to return to Hoshido and report this information... But I was careless while traveling through Mokushu and ended up being caught.
I must apologize to everyone for such shameful conduct.
It's OK. We're just glad to see you alive. And knowing that Ryoma is still out there is valuable information to have.

Corrin, this may mean returning all the way to Nohr. Are you ready to do that?
Yes, of course.
If we travel by sea, it will be faster. We should head to the nearest port town. And even though Kotaro is defeated we should take care. There will surely be other ninja who share his ambition, lying in wait...
Yes, that sounds wise. I've also dispatched another ally back to Hoshido. He will warn everyone to avoid this area for the time being. I expect he'll reach Hoshido and inform Yukimura within half a day or so.
Lord Corrin, would you permit me to join you? I feel I must make up for my previous shortcomings.
You owe nothing, but we would be more than happy to have you. Everyone—the sooner we find Ryoma, the sooner we can end this war.

Unit Joined

Kagero

Class sets: Starts as Ninja, Diviner
PSkill: Shuriken Mastery-When user receives damage from a Dagger attack, the enemy receives half the same damage and the Dagger’s stat reduction effect

Growth Rates
HP: 35
STR: 70
SPD: 70
LCK: 30
DEF: 30
RES: 55

Kagero is the definition of min-max. Screw health, luck, defense, all that dumb stuff. She will hit you hard and fast and die to anything with a light breeze. That PSkill is terrible, you never want her to get hit, let alone hit by a debuff.

Also, Diviner? What the hell?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wow, Takumi pulled that stick out of his rear end real quick

Unfortunately, the support writers did not get this memo when it was outsourced.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A couple new weapons to show off.

Chopsticks-Hidden Weapon, E rank, 1 mt, +10 avoid, 1-2 range, debuff -1 DEF/RES

This is truly a bad weapon, like literally the only point to use it over a Brass Shuriken is that Chopsticks have insanely high hit...but Bronze has only 10 less hit.

Sting Shuriken-Hidden Weapon, D rank, 7 mt, 1-2 range, debuff -3 SKL/DEF/RES, Effective against Armored units

Wow, if you thought magic was useless before, Sting Shuriken takes the nail to the coffin by letting any ninja one-shot armored units. That includes Great Knights, which get pretty common later on in Birthright.

A few more buildings, but they're all fluff or for the multiplayer so I'm skipping those.

So today is Mess Hall time, which basically give buffs for half the team randomly based on the food you give.

The long and short of it is that you get reliable buffs from the initial food, and then random stuff happens to maybe give an extra stat (up to +2 per character). The unfortunate thing is that Peaches are the food that are naturally grown in this run's MyCastle, which give...magic boost.

Hopefully the Conquest run gives better food.

So we have a sea mission now because Fire Emblem has to have sea missions nowadays.

And we made it just in time to catch the last boat leaving the harbor. How lucky!
I know. It's been such a long march—I'm really looking forward to r-resting a bit.
I wouldn't get too comfortable. Remember, we are on our way to Nohr. Some of the passengers on this ship could be our enemies.
Yes, and there could be a spy among us.
What are you talking about, Takumi?

Goddamnit, is he still seriously with us

Whose idea was it to let him tag along?
Gah! I'm no threat, guys! I promise! Haven't I been helpful so far?
Don't worry, Takumi. I've been keeping a very close eye on him.
I don't know. Didn't he set everyone up back in Izumo? I wouldn't be surprised if he were plotting something.
But...but...
OK, I'll get my knife ready...
Eeeek!

Hinoka is getting pretty stabby lately.

Calm down, everyone. I trust Zola, and I believe you should as well.

Oh, well everything is fine then!!

Besides, how could he even realy information to Nohr? It's a preposterous notion.
Sorry. I can't just take your word for it. I don't trust him.
That's fine. A little healthy skepticism won't hurt. Just try to be civil, OK?
I'll do my best.
Lord Takumi...
What's wrong with you? Did I say that you could speak my name?
Gah! No, sir. I'm sorry, sir.

*Time passes*

The captain even says we could reach Nohr tomorrow with favorable winds.
That's great news. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't mind a longer trip. It's so relaxing out here.
N-not for me. I've been feeling a little seasick, to be honest.
But it looks like you've really taken to the sea. You've been out here for hours!
Perhaps when all of this is over, I'll buy my own boat...
Although...it does appear that the weather is turning on us.
Oh! You're right. Those clouds don't look good. And look at the w-waves!
Right. Let's head inside before we get soaked!

*The ship halts instantly*

Ahhhh! We've stopped moving! How is that even possible? Are you OK, Corrin?
Yeah, I'm fine. But we really need to get out of here! Maybe there's a problem with the boat. Let's go speak with the captain.

I don't think so. I'm s-scared, Corrin. My goodness! Look at the sea!
Those waves are massive! This boat is too big to capsize, right? Right?
Stand back! There's something in the water!

*Something bright pops out*

Oh these assholes again.

What is it?
Shh...
Who goes there? Are...are you the spirit who appeared when my mother was killed?

No, it's the other invisible spirit force on the coast of ninja village

Shh...

Corrin! What's going on?
Stay back, Azura!

Milady! Are you OK?
Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, Kaze!
Lord Corrin! What is that thing?
Your guess is as good as mine. A storm came out of nowhere, and then this spirit appeared on deck.
Maybe it came out of the water...

How does no one remember these things, especially Kaze who was not dragon feral during the last meeting

Well, it looks like we have a fight on our hands. Whatever this spirit is, it seems capable of sinking our ship!
We've come too far for that. Everyone, on guard!

A million fliers, with an interesting mix of Wyvern and Sky Knights. I say interesting because those two are usually exclusive to Nohr and Hoshido respectively.

Bench 6 characters, stats HERE

http://www.strawpoll.me/12445310

Subaki and Hayato are no longer vote eligible for leading votes twice in a row.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Crap. Uh....this'll be an experiment. Every vote matters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone's using scrolls at this rate for the rest of the game, outside of kids

magic is so bad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

The fella everyone says is some kind of genius?

But we were raised worlds apart, so we don't really have much in common after all.

Are you mocking me?!

That sounds like such a pain in the neck.

Voting will end soon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

Someone told me once I should use utensils when eating with you people.

You were such a pathetic pegasus rider when you were younger!

I really need to go use the bathroom...

You like working the fields too, Saizo?

Voting's over. Setsuna, Hana, Hinata, Rinkah, Takumi, and Saizo are out. Give any feedback if you want single or multi-vote in the future.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No Setsuna or Takumi. I bet that plays awkwardly in-game.

"We will go forward without you Takumi"

"Uh, but all these fliers-"

"FORWARD. WITHOUT. YOU"

Anyways, the first thing is activating this map's gimmick which are basically twister shields. They limit flying units' movements within that area, so they prevent swarming.

There's a few promoted enemies like this Malig Knight that are incredibly tough to take down, even with debuffs. Usually not a problem with bows but welp.

Of course the game planned for possible bad voting!

Oh my. Look at them struggling with those spirits.
Well, I should be able to help them with that! May my bow strike true and deliver exquisite pain and death upon my enemies!

Hi, who are you murder mcbowster

Hello, Lord Corrin. I'm glad you're safe and sound.
I'm sorry, but who are you? And do you realize that we're in the middle of a battle?
Oh, yes, of course. But this type of battle is like a playground to me. I'm Reina, a kinshi knight from Hoshido. Yukimura sent me here to provide you with my special brand of assistance.
Specifically, skewering enemies by the dozen. Oh, I wish you could have seen some of the work I did on the way here.

Mmm...
Uh... What?
I'm talking about the enemies I killed on the way here.
Ah. I see. And you're not going to kill any of us, right? Just our enemies?
Of course! I'm sorry if you misunderstood.
Please, just point me in the direction of anything you would like to die.
Right. Well, anyone glowing purple would be a good start...

Morbid Celebration-When user triggers the battle, recover 20% HP after defeating the enemy

Reina is a Kinshi Knight, a promotion for Sky Knights and Archers. The Lances are decent, but the real prize is that they're extremely mobile bow users that are useful in impossible terrain like this map for outside the ship combat.

She's mostly useful to take down the promoted bosses, because she gets a paltry 4 EXP from killing the grunts instead. Still useful to set up dual attacks for weaker units to get kills.

Normally I'd be annoyed with a crit, but taking out the Malig Knight in one shot will save me a lot of trouble, because getting rushed in is the biggest obstacle of this mission.

Corrin one-shots some Wyvern Riders on the defensive as I split up my team to cover the north and south.

Basically every turn for the next few turns, a few enemy reinforcements will arrive throughout the map.

Orochi gets a free kill to start off the turn.

This nearby Kinshi Knight is a huge threat to the team, with big power off that Yumi and enough speed to double most of the team.

Hinoka ends the preparatory turn by activating the second Dragon Vein, furthering the defenses of the boat.

A quick counter-attacks nets Silas some HP, which is good because I was getting worried my semi-tank couldn't actually handle hits at some point.

The power of Ninjas come full force, as Kaze takes a full health promoted unit from 31 HP to 9 with its stats heavily debuffed.

Also Kaze is now an HP sponge in Fates terms. The hell? :psyduck:

Mozu eliminates the first Kinshi Knight with ease. I say first because another popped up as reinforcement last turn.

Mozu decides to spend her time just upping defense

Meanwhile, Corrin one-shots a couple more Wyverns and gains...speed again??? Now he has more speed than defense with the literal opposite banes and boons

Quick elimination by Silas here as the rest of the team moves towards the middle in the safety of the tornado wall.

Mozu finishes off the second Kinshi Knight after the combined efforts of Oboro and Corrin chipping away at it. These things are incredibly hard to kill when you have no axes and these units have extremely high resistance.

Also got an Illusory Yumi-C rank, 8 mt, 65 hit, -10 avoid, +10 RES

In case you really hate mages.

Orochi is continuing to do her one job of doing a huge nuke one enemy at a time.

However, not that great of a plan against non-Wyverns. This is after Kagero debuffed it, so Orochi's damage is worse than shown.

Some house cleaning on the top, but they just keep on coming. The reinforcements are currently coming in 4's.

Kaze will rotate in and fight the north half, with Oboro getting residual EXP for a level.

Okay I guess all my ninjas are just gonna be HP sponges???

Hinoka is now patrolling the outskirts of the boat, and interestingly, enemies start retreating if they're low on HP. Presumably to bait you out on the rest of the enemies waiting in the west.

The majority of the remaining mission will take place here, as the enemies will start swarming at this point.

It turns out when you literally don't have axe, bow, and only 2 sword users, Wyvern Riders are actually kind of annoying!

Hand Axes are so crippling that Orochi is doubling someone!

...Yeah, Corrin isn't taking that on.

Alright, Reina. Time for you to shi-

......how

DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME

christ, seriously what were the chances of missing twice

Oboro's becoming a good tank, I just need her to gain some speed once in a while. Good bases can only go so far in the 3DS games.

Just assume Oboro made every kill possible. Felicia has some absurdly high magic now, wow.

The "boss" is pretty drat tough to deal that much to Oboro, when the rest of the physical attackers barely sratch her. Star version weapons are enemy only and basically mean they're 1-2 range.

Reina, please just don't miss this time

YES

Nevermind

Got an Arm Scroll though, so reclassing will be less painful now.

Just barely nukey enough

Makes up for Reina

The bronze weapons' high accuracy have been more useful than you'd think, especially when half the useful weapon triangle isn't available. Orochi though decided to miss on Magic for some reason and start shoring up her defense??

So much is hinging on Hinoka hitting, it's ridiculous. This final Kinshi Knight can easily wipe half my army.

Good job gaining magic, Mozu

Heroes is an understatement.

Unit Joined

Reina

Class sets: Starts as Kinshi Knight (Sky Knight), Diviner, Ninja
PSkill: Morbid Celebration-When user triggers the battle, recover 20% HP after defeating the enemy

Growth Rates
HP: 40
STR: 50
MAG: 5
SKL: 35
LCK: 25
DEF: 20
RES: 25

Reina is a min-max pre-promote who's purpose is to basically snipe other fliers if for some reason you're not using Setsuna and Takumi. She also has C lances in a pinch, but really only in a pinch.

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 4, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't lose with any team on birthright, I'm not worried.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ha! Those stupid things didn't know who they were messing with.
Well, I'm glad to see that you're feeling like yourself again. Takumi.
Me too.
After all, I have a long way to go to redeem myself...
Takumi, that's simply not true.

Well technically it's true he didn't do anything

Hey, it's that one Important Spirit

Shh...
Look out!
Hmm?
Lord Takumi! Move!

oh drat

Ugh...now's your chance. Take him out!
With pleasure. Haaaa!

*Spirit vanishes*

That did it.
Well done...Lord...Takumi... Oh...I forgot. I'm not supposed to say your name... *cough* *cough*
Oh. About that...
Zola! Are you OK? Took quite a shot there. Here, I can help heal your wounds.
Thank you, milady...
Hmm.

How the hell does healing work, give me consistency Mr. Fates

It was nothing. I'm just glad that Lady Sakura was able to heal me.
I beg to differ. It was not nothing. It was a remarkably selfless act.
Zola...I have something to say to you.
Yes, Lord Tak—I mean yes, milord?
Please. You've more than earned the right to speak my name. I'm sorry for doubting you.
Really? You mean that?
Yes. Talk is cheap, and I still think I was smart not to trust you at first.

Thank you, Lord Takumi! I'm just following Lord Corrin's lead. If it weren't for him, I may have died at the hands of Lord Leo in Izumo. Now maybe you'll have the chance to perform a similar gesture.
Wait, Corrin jumped in front of an attack meant for you? Right after you tried to kill her?
Ha! No, Takumi. It wasn't exactly like that. I merely asked Leo to spare Zola's life. He was helpless and defeated.
Yes. And that kindness was enough to sway Lord Leo. He merely exiled me instead of taking my life.
I see. Well, I just hope we can put all of this behind us.
Of course, milord!

Class Overview: Samurai, Apothecary

Samurai

Pair-up Bonus: +4 SPD, +2 LCK
Weapon rank: Swords (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Duelist's Blow-When user triggers the battle, Avoid +30
(lvl 10) Vantage-At the start of battle, when the user has under half HP, they attack first

So Samurai in Fates have a similar issue like in the DS games of being super fast, fragile sword-locked fighters but dodging as a whole is very rare to see. They could've filled the niche of being one of the few classes that can reliably get doubles, but then Ninjas and Sky Knights exist and Corrin/Silas already have swords on lockdown. It doesn't help that Hana is incredibly maximum on being fragile and Hinata went the complete opposite way.

Apothecary

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR, +2 DEF, +1 RES
Weapon rank: Bows (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Potent Potion-The effect of HP recovery and stat-boosting potions is increased by 50%
(lvl 10) Quick Salve-After consuming a HP recovery or stat-boosting potion, the user can perform another action

You will never recruit a 1st gen Apothecary, but several characters have it as an alt class and it's kind of a gimmick one. They use bows without the benefit of Quick Draw from Archers, and their abilities basically require you to waste slots on Tonics and save them during battle. Keep in mind Quick Salve doesn't give me extra movement, just a chance to attack or whatever's in range.

The only real purpose honestly is to explode Azama's stats into a powerful physical fighter if you Heart Seal him into this.

(Still need more feedback on multi vs. single vote)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No, it's fine because according to Corrrin Zola hasn't backstabbed us for 2 missions now

he's double trust worthy

C Support

You look like you could handle anything.

You'll rue the day you crossed me!

I feel like I'm worthless in a fight.

We used to talk regularly back when I was in training as a pegasus knight.

• Locked thread